A question for Mothers about...

Did you or your wife/girlfriend have false alarm for pregnancy?

• Total voters

WhisperHorse

Reaction score
False Alarm...

Did you ever experience False alarm for pregnancy? Like that you thought that you are gonna to having a baby but not yet...

For men who have wifes or girlfriends that having kids, you go ahead can post and answer.

For me;

I never experience false alarm.. I only went to Hosptial once on May 21 to having Alexanderia that's it plus it's just water broke.

For both of my kids, nope. When I started getting contractions with my first one two weeks before she was due, I went to the hospital and I thought for sure it was going to be a false alarm and get sent home. When the nurse examinated me, she said I was 3 cm dialated and in labor. I was like WTF????? I didnt expect that at all!

With my 2nd one..the same thing happened...contractions 2 weeks before his due date...went to the dr and he told me, yep, u are in labor. I was prepared this time. Ha!

Shel, it's so interesting...

I just never experience false alarm of labor myself since on May 21, my water just broke and they can't send me back to home :lol:

I had two False alarms two days in a row. With my first. Since she was sunny side up. (another words) her nose was facing my tummy, and was trying to crown with her forehead.

It triggers a lot of painful contractions, and my back... oh man! My back hurt more than my tummy did. 18 hours of labor once I went to the hospital for the 3rd time. They realized it was not actually false labor. But my daughter was trying to come out face first.

Long story short, Right when the doctor said C section, My daughter turned to the right position to be born, and ended up having her naturally. :D

Once.... the day before Xmas Eve.... I thought my water broke.... but apparently it wasn't.

On Jan 3rd.... I was feeling so miserable and my stomach felt weird.... it was tightening then stop, then tightening, then stop. My dad stopped by and he asked me what's wrong, I explained it to him. He was like hold on, let me call Doni (his wife) and Doni said that I'm in Labor. It's weird... no pain at all... I was having contractions and I didn't feel pain from it! He was born two weeks early.... lol But The labor was 3 days long!!! :eek: That's something I don't want to go through again... to have long labor! I was that close to have C Section but thankfully I was able to get the kid out of me naturally!

Ah, Yes - I've had false alarm (It's known as Braxton-Hicks) two days before my youngest son was born. I at first thought it was an actual labor in progress because the contractions were pretty strong but it was not to the point where it was intense. So, I went to the hospital and they told me that it was a false alarm and sent me home.

Well, 2 days later, my son came out into the world.

I had Braxton-Hicks (BH) twice in my 1st pregnancy but didn't go hospital. I knew it was just practicing for real labor. Good enuff I was right. :)

Now I am pregnant, and I aware of it for this time.

I never experienced false labor but just BH for short time...I went to hopsital because I was bleeding a little and contractions was like 5-7 minutes apart. I don't really remember how minutes per apart. So I went in triage and I was 5 CM so I stayed till I gave birth the next day. :)

I'm pregnant right now with my first child. I've had a few cases of strong Braxton Hicks, so I know it's not false labor yet esp since I'm only 29 weeks. I know when you start feeling the contractions going at least every 5 minutes, it is most likely labor so I'm nervous about when that will happen. I hope I have a fast delivery! LOL

Me* Two C-Sections! But My second daughter.. Broken water! two weeks early from appt with C section! :) However Arrived hospital.. then C Section !

I'm pregnant right now with my first child. I've had a few cases of strong Braxton Hicks, so I know it's not false labor yet esp since I'm only 29 weeks. I know when you start feeling the contractions going at least every 5 minutes, it is most likely labor so I'm nervous about when that will happen. I hope I have a fast delivery! LOL

when ur due? I am 29 weeks preg too. I have strong braxton hicks since 1 week..I felt like it's not right. Doctor keep telling me to stay rest, don't move too much. Cuz it could make baby born earlyyy which won't be good.

I had several false alarms with my second child, my daughter. I made my husband clean the house before we went to the hospital because I was sure she was coming, and then contractions stopped (my first was four weeks early). He told me I was playing around so I could have the house cleaned. She arrived on her due date, beautiful and healthy, and now is nine years old.

Once.... the day before Xmas Eve.... I thought my water broke.... but apparently it wasn't.

On Jan 3rd.... I was feeling so miserable and my stomach felt weird.... it was tightening then stop, then tightening, then stop. My dad stopped by and he asked me what's wrong, I explained it to him. He was like hold on, let me call Doni (his wife) and Doni said that I'm in Labor. It's weird... no pain at all... I was having contractions and I didn't feel pain from it! He was born two weeks early.... lol But The labor was 3 days long!!! :eek: That's something I don't want to go through again... to have long labor! I was that close to have C Section but thankfully I was able to get the kid out of me naturally!

Bold prints. That happened to me with my second pregnancy. I got up out of bed and felt a flood.

I freaked. and called my midwife in the middle of the night. (thinking my water broke)

She asked some questions and I answered. etc.

Anyhoo. It ended up me having an accident unknowingly. When I hopped out of bed and the bladder got pressed on. Midwife just laughed and told me to go back to bed.

I was totally embarrassed! She did say it was common.

1st pregnant with son, At about 8 months..I was laughed hard with ex bf then something water came out down there. I was shocked and thought maybe broke water? My ex bf shocked too.. We tried to smell the wet see whats that then ahh it was only pee. I was laughed hard it caused me pee..it was first time. I know it was weird to say that. lol

Anyway, I never have water broke with 1st preg. I woke up in the morning like 5am, I never wake up that early but I don't know why I got up..cuz I was sooo hungry, I went making peanut jams sandwichs then feel start leaking..I think it's impossible to have cum or something. then start to feel like I am on period. I went to bathroom, checked my underwear. It only wet and see nothing color. My leaking won't stop for like 30 mins. I woke mom up..mom called doc..doc said I am in labor, hurry go to hospital before it get dry..baby need water inside. So they said yes I am ready to be in labor soon blah. I only have labor for 5 hours.

My son is overdue 5 days.

Bold prints. That happened to me with my second pregnancy. I got up out of bed and felt a flood.

I freaked. and called my midwife in the middle of the night. (thinking my water broke)

She asked some questions and I answered. etc.

Anyhoo. It ended up me having an accident unknowingly. When I hopped out of bed and the bladder got pressed on. Midwife just laughed and told me to go back to bed.

I was totally embarrassed! She did say it was common.

1st pregnant with son, At about 8 months..I was laughed hard with ex bf then something water came out down there. I was shocked and thought maybe broke water? My ex bf shocked too.. We tried to smell the wet see whats that then ahh it was only pee. I was laughed hard it caused me pee..it was first time. I know it was weird to say that. lol

I know what you guys mean by that. One time, I think I was in my 7th or 8th month of pregnancy.... Preston told me something funny and I couldn't stop laughing... I was laughing so hard that I actually peed in my pants. I tried so hard to hold it but I couldn't help it... I was laughing so hard that I peed in my pants and man... it was so embarrassing! I'm still embarrassed by that!

Back