A Question For Homosexuals

Wirelessly posted

rolling7 said:
How do you prove someone is born straight?

Oh well, dunno. I do believe some of em are born gay just as how some of em are born straight or whatever else.

I am also curious to as of why some animal engaged in homosexual behavior too. Is it by their choice or were they coded by their DNA to do that? (Yes, animal does it too, not just people).

As for born transgender, there was a study show that brain size for those are different. Like having female brain size in male's body or vice versa.

That is my point!!! You can't prove a person is born straight and you can't prove being born gay/bi/trans. So why do people say "I was born gay" when they can't prove it. I can say I was born deaf because I can prove it, there are acceptable test to prove me right. The only thing left, logically, is to say that straight/gay/bi/trans is a choice.

You might want to do more research. I mentioned earlier that I had to write about this topic once, and there are differences in the brain makeups of straight people and GLBTQ. You can't 'prove' that they are gay or whatever per se, but you can show likelihood.

Why everyone is talking about PEE PEE.

There he is.
redneck_sitting_on_toilet.jpg
:shock:

Wirelessly posted

You might want to do more research. I mentioned earlier that I had to write about this topic once, and there are differences in the brain makeups of straight people and GLBTQ. You can't 'prove' that they are gay or whatever per se, but you can show likelihood.

I like pecan pie....do you? Your quote just shows that people have different size brains but the use of the brain is the thing...i.e. some don't even use their brain, others are injuried and not at fault. However, we have desires/likes-dislikes/taste but, again, it can not be proving we are born with them....we have acquired characters

I like pecan pie....do you? Your quote just shows that people have different size brains but the use of the brain is the thing...i.e. some don't even use their brain, others are injuried and not at fault. However, we have desires/likes-dislikes/taste but, again, it can not be proving we are born with them....we have acquired characters

I was born bisexual, man. *drumroll*

I wouldn't call them "acquired."

i've never met my biological father, yet I share the same likes and dislikes as he does, tastes, even share the same behavioral tendencies. Not exactly the same, but for the most part, people who knew me could predict, without telling me, what I will buy or what I will do based on what they knew about my father. I forget the case study where a research was done on inherited behaviours, but it's still valid today.

And I see no difference between a man and a woman, obviously, even since I was little.

Interesting stuff.

I am hetro so as a viewer of The Real L Word, I have learned that love is as true with same sex couples as with hetro couples. So that tells me that gay folks are born gay. No one, anyone, can fake love. Love is love. There is no faking it.

I just wanted to be certain and ask the question via this thread.

__

some people will say they are born gay and some will say that its personal choice
from what I understand about it
a persons emotional state is what will determine their choice!
while children are young there are a lot of chemical changes going on in their bodies and it can present a lot chemical imbalances in the brain.
insecurity during this time can have some strange and unexpected results
parents need to be understanding about this and not controlling
trying to control the outcome can do more damage than good!

and a person has to accept what they are. Once they accept a lot of the stress disappears

Its good you want to understand because all too many people are judgmental and cruel, While I am not gay I have a lot of friends who are.

I never chose to fall in love with Hannah, Stef or Maureen.
I remember being 15 years old, at camp walking up to Maureen, right after she got crowned Indian Princess for a hug to congratulate her. Instead she gave me a WET SMACKY kiss on the cheek. I stepped back, thinking "OMG that feels GOOD.....OMG I'm in love with a GIRL?!?!" I remember walking back to my cabin in a daze, and I remember when Jen and Cindy were giving us our goodnight hugs, Cindy said I looked really happy.
It's just like with a girl and guy....you can't explain why you fall for some people and not others right?
CJB, I'm genderqueer. I don't really believe in gender roles....I honestly think that if our society wasn't so effed up with dividing gender a lot of TG and TS people would be a hell of a lot happier, and they wouldn't be agnoizing over whether or not to have SRS.

My BFF (Best Friend Foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr) is straight... Always has been... But she is now in a relationship with a woman...

HOWEVER

She does not consider herself gay or bi... She is straight.
She is not attracted to women in general - just this one!

If those 2 weren't to work out, her next r/ship would be to a guy... She is attracted to guys, not girls... That may change of course but for now it's only her gf she has eyes for...

I guess you can't help who you fall in love with hey?

Look up the research of Alfred Kinsey, he studied sexual sciences and came up with a scale from 0-6 called the Kinsey scale, with 0 being completely heterosexual, three being no gender preference either way, and six being completely homosexual.

Wow, people actually believe that sexual orientation is a choice? You do not choose who you are sexually or romantically attracted to... For those who say they know someone who "turned gay later in life"... um, no, you don't just choose one day to turn gay. Preferences can change, and you may discover yourself to be attracted to different sorts of people as you age, but that's not a conscious choice. When I was younger I was only attracted to males but lately I've been having feelings for females; of course, that may pass or it may become more strong. I didn't will myself to be attracted to females, it just happened (could have been a biological OR an emotional change, I don't know exactly). Also, the attraction I have to females is different than the one I have for males -- just romantic attraction to females, for the most part :aw:

Just goes to say that attraction comes in many shades of gray, and all of it's completely okay! :dance2:

From my personal experience, I think a person is born with gay tendencies but through life experiences eventually makes that choice to be gay, just the same as many children are straight-identified and they make that choice to date someone of the opposite sex. Many people are happy with their choices, and many are not. I've known people who have been legally married to both men and women (at separate times of course!). I've known women who even went so far as to being married for years and have children and later come out as gay, get a divorce and they eventually find 'the one'.

I myself as a child felt attracted to girls and had a strong tomboy personality. Later in junior high and high school I was labeled as lesbian and was bullied for it and even tried denying it even to myself that I was gay. I tried being a 'girly girl' but I never felt quite comfortable. I never dated, and there were a couple of boys that tried being nice to me but I think even they were being ridiculed for even talking to me, they weren't popular boys either, but their kindness left an impression on me. However the majority of students would have nothing to do with me, I wasn't even invited to my class 'after graduation' party. Why? Because to them I was a freak at best. I ended up loading up the four-wheeler, a case of beer and went four-wheeler riding and drinking by myself in the woods in the middle of the night. It was sad - yet somehow liberating. I guess it was just forgetting in a way.

I later met a guy and married him and had a child. After that abusive relationship I swore to myself never again. I dated a couple of guys after that but I never felt totally comfortable. Then I met a girl through a mutual friend and we hit it off. It was pretty damn good. The relationship was a good one, we treated each other as equals and it wasn't just about sex or the lack thereof. I just wish we could have made it work out but she still has strong feelings for her ex-gf and I can't force her to choose and I won't.

I just wish I could find 'the one' but I look at myself and I realize I don't have a lot, but it's all that I've got and maybe I'll find 'the one', but not likely.

Now I need to be certain that the following question does not insult any sensitive same-sex individual - that is not my intent. This is important to understand and know.

Now as a hetrosexual man I do could not understand the homosexual lifestyle simple because I am not a hetrosexual. So all I can do is ask: Are homosexuals normally born homosexual or do some become homosexual as a lifestyle choice?

Again since I am not homosexual myself I could not know this answer. Please note that I do not have any negative or anti-gay intension when asking this question. I just want to be in the know. Thanks you kindly.

__
Sexual orientation depends on how you are developed at birth. One doesnt wake up one day and decide to be gay, which for a while that is what my parents thought... :wtf: but yeah it doesnt just come up randomly your born one way or the other...

It's never a personal choice to be gay/lesbian/bi/trans/questioning. You decide to act on it but it's still inside you, no matter what. Some people go their whole lives never asking why they're unhappy in their marriage, or no emotions for their partners, just living as they think they're supposed to. Sometimes being LGBTQ is very painful, losing friends and family who don't want to know you anymore. That's why friends become so important, and family members who accept and support you are so cherished!

Yes, it can be proven that certain characteristics are innate.

As long as someone is breathing on their own they are using their brain.:cool2: But for some, that is as good as it gets with the brain power, if you know what I mean.

Sexual orientation depends on how you are developed at birth. One doesnt wake up one day and decide to be gay, which for a while that is what my parents thought... :wtf: but yeah it doesnt just come up randomly your born one way or the other...

Right. All fetuses start out as female, too. Sex differentiation comes at a later point in gestation.

homosexual lifestyle simple because I am not a hetrosexual. So all I can do is ask: Are homosexuals normally born homosexual or do some become homosexual as a lifestyle choice?
WTF is a homosexual lifestyle anyway? I happen to deeply care for someone who happens to have an XX chromosome make up. Why does that suddenly have me plunged into an EVIL or completely different lifestyle?
It's who I am...... I AM GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If Hannah was a male, or if I was male nobody would be saying we're in the hetro lifestyle, or that we chose to love each other.
I actually have a funny story. Hannah grew up in a super libral family and came out as lesbian when she was fifteen. Fast forward a couple of years and she was all freaked out when she realized she was BI!

WTF is a homosexual lifestyle anyway? I happen to deeply care for someone who happens to have an XX chromosome make up. Why does that suddenly have me plunged into an EVIL or completely different lifestyle?
It's who I am...... I AM GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If Hannah was a male, or if I was male nobody would be saying we're in the hetro lifestyle, or that we chose to love each other.
I actually have a funny story. Hannah grew up in a super libral family and came out as lesbian when she was fifteen. Fast forward a couple of years and she was all freaked out when she realized she was BI!

Yeah, DD, that "homosexual lifestyle" thing has always puzzled me. With the exception of partner choice, the homosexuals I know live exactly the same lifestyle as I, a heterosexual, does.

Back