A possible event in east Kentucky.

JoshiesWorld

Reaction score
I am considering to plan an event in east of Kentucky, by in east of Kentucky I mean Pikeville in Kentucky which is about 20-25 minutes driving distance from me but I am thinking about to do a such event in the building that takes concerts which is a very large building with several options of events you can take such as conference, dinner with catering, the concert area can be used for theater, acting, open forums discussion or others. That building is named The Eastern Kentucky Exposition Center but anyway, I have some connection there that I can schedule a rent of space (room, theater, etc) but if I couldn't due to not being available to rent as they almost have concert every single day from popular musicians to acts along with sports events etc there would still be another good place to have an event at.

But the problem is I am not aware of how many Deaf people around in my area (Belfry, Pikeville, Logan, South Williamson, Williamson, Delbarton, Matewan, Stone, Sidney, Hardy, Blackberry and others) as to my knowledge that I am pretty much the only one Deaf person in these areas aside my great-aunt. It'd be great if there are some Deaf or Hard of Hearing that communicate in ASL/Sign Language in my area because then finally I would be able to get to know someone that I have common with. So only way I am considering to plan an event is if there are enough of Deaf/HOH people that would be willing to come so this is where I am asking if I am not the only one Deaf (HOH) around here? I'd like to have counts so that way if it's enough numbers in the counting then I would go ahead to plan the event for us in Pikeville or closer to Pikeville (between Belfry to Pikeville).

Back