A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

IMHO it's pretty dangerous suppose prankster flicked lighted match to person filling up the tank with pot, Foomp!!

I understand that it's Chinese law and I would have to fill it with pot. Perhap bring repair putty to fix leaky pot so me and rest of the Chinese population can use it without worrying about leaks :lol:

I think they made a law because large population of Chinese people smokes so probably why pot was a reason for safety. Supposed if someone had an urge to light a cigarette while having pot next to them away from gas pump, (light cig and kboomm!!!) so Gas pump would not be needed to put out fire,

Catty

it's most likely because a gas spill would make contact with hot engine which is very close to gas tank. you know how easily it is to spill from overflowed gas tank or excess gas spilling out from a hose.

saw this in my FB feed -

10375077_10152258171687043_6659009517077464274_n.jpg
10570317_10152258171722043_2759999541905998572_n.jpg

I did some google search for similar issue and yep - same thing in Mongolia

6144392806_c51144e240_z.jpg

and different person in China -

IMG_20130405_144625.jpg

IMG_20130405_144430.jpg

I don't understand why 90% of Chinese Restaurants tea pot got leak each time I poured it in the cup VERY SLOWER. I love hot tea but leak is pretty annoying. Not just my area. It's ALMOST anywhere. :mad2:

I don't understand why 90% of Chinese Restaurants tea pot got leak each time I poured it in the cup VERY SLOWER. I love hot tea but leak is pretty annoying. Not just my area. It's ALMOST anywhere. :mad2:

To annoys them to fix it is to put repair putty on it. I'm sure that they don't like the look but it stops annoying leaks :rofl:

Catty

it's most likely because a gas spill would make contact with hot engine which is very close to gas tank. you know how easily it is to spill from overflowed gas tank or excess gas spilling out from a hose.

Make sense..

Last month, my son and I were riding on my motorcycle, we stopped by Quick Trip gas station. I filled the tank and some reason the nozzle valve malfunctioned and gas overflowed the tank. My son saw and alerted me to shut it off cuz I was standing facing away looking at the car. I lost about $1 worth of gasoline spilled over my bike and on ground (just exactly what happened to one on Jiro's China pot pix on bike :rofl: ). Though engine is hot but didn't catch on fire. I told my son not to worry about it, just go in and grab something to eat and pay for gas then move bike to parking slot to let gasoline vaporize away. I informed the QT Clerk that the nozzle is malfunctioning and it didn't stop when it's reach to level.

I told him that important thing is that do not fire up the bike and don't even switch on any power as well. It only take 5 min to clear up during hot day.

It happened few times that gas overflowed the tank and spilled over my bike but never had an issue with it.

I also told my son that don't even fire up motorcycle with short pipes. Like he remembered friend's Chopper that I fixed and rode around the block several years ago, it fires blue cone flame on end of exhaust while running at night. It's insanely dangerous to be near gas pump, must be shut off and walk the bike to pump. Fill the thank then walk bike far away from pump then fire it up. It's real hassle to have "Ground thumper" Chopper (seriously 18 inches straight pipe 1200cc running and anyone can feel ground thumping 15 feet away and it's insanely loud. Cop magnet for noise pollution. I told my friend that it's best to swap out pipe to quiet one because where he live forbid loud pipes. If you want to know what my friend's chopper look like, look at my Avatar pix :lol:

I will be be happy to re-post pix what I did with my friend's chopper. I'm sure many new AD bloggers never seen it before. Right now, he sold his Chopper cuz he got tired of fixing and unable to ride it due to vacuum switch for electronic ignition system that he refused to add it on his chopper when I told him. I told him to switch back to old school ignition "centrifuge" system in order to be able to ride chopper normally. (electronic ignition without vacuum switch cause timing to remains at BTC rather than Advance and Retards while throttling thus cause engine to run limited rpm, no further than that even wide open throttle)

Catty

Now :repost: about friend's 1200 cc Chopper with Pix for those who are new here in AD. I posted that many years ago. It's an evil ground thunder and crazy loud. I already found the problem just few minutes after finally got it running.. It took him 2 years trying to start it and it only took me a short while to get it started in my way. Now he sold his chopper cuz he's tired of not being able to ride his "expensive lawn ornament".. Seriously, in the past he was thinking about taking his Chopper to Grand Canyon and toss it over the cliff if it won't runs. I saved his neck by my technique of starting it. :rofl:

http://www.alldeaf.com/auto-talk/88250-harley-chopper-v-twin-engine-timing-issue.html

CAtty

I am asking if anyone had ever used a motorcycle shipping company? I just requested quotes from Shippingmasters.com

My 08 Hyosung GV 650 has not sold so I am giving it to my brother-in-law here in CT. He is a biker who has not had one in awhile (like what I went through).

It will be shipped from SC to CT.

If you or anyone you know shipped a bike, were there any problems or concerns I should expect/be aware of?

It is like sending your young son off on his first cross-country bus trip. :lol:

I am asking if anyone had ever used a motorcycle shipping company? I just requested quotes from Shippingmasters.com

My 08 Hyosung GV 650 has not sold so I am giving it to my brother-in-law here in CT. He is a biker who has not had one in awhile (like what I went through).

It will be shipped from SC to CT.

If you or anyone you know shipped a bike, were there any problems or concerns I should expect/be aware of?

It is like sending your young son off on his first cross-country bus trip. :lol:

Try Pod or Packrat storage. Ask if you can store the bike in and have it shipped to CT where your brother live and he pick it up and you close the account?? Would it make any difference on cost?

Catty

Try Pod or Packrat storage. Ask if you can store the bike in and have it shipped to CT where your brother live and he pick it up and you close the account?? Would it make any difference on cost?

Catty

I know it has been awhile posting. Next week I have a motorcycle shipper coming to pick up the bike "as is" and trailer (enclosed) to CT. He carries only motorcycles up and down the east coast. $80 deposit. $450 balance upon delivery. Brother in law paying for all the shipping. :)

The shipper chocks the front wheel and uses tie downs. I am keeping the insurance on it until turned over.

Last week the shipper delivered my old bike to Reba's brother in CT. He got it titled and registered. Rode it about 100 miles today. A happy man.

Last Fri and Sat, I put in lot of miles on my bike. Rode about 300 miles total riding from Shawnee, KS to Melvern, KS (Melvern Lake) then on Sat rode from Melvern, KS to Mound City for Craft Fair then head back to Melvern, Ks then Sunday rode to Louisburg, KS for Apple Cider Mill to grab some fresh apple cider, Trail pops, candies and cider donuts then head home to Shawnee.

My rear tire is getting bald already, it had 17,500 mi on 5 years old Metzeler 880 Marathon tire. Oil in my bike remains same level wow cuz I put in 100% Synethic oil in last June. I realized my clutch is slipping a bit so I may have to switch back to regular motorcycle oil and possibility replacing entire clutch. I checked for clutch kit, there are two kinds under Barnett brand, Kelvar and Carbon Fiber. Kelvar for normal use but last longer, Carbon Fiber is for those who rides hard ( thats me sometime). I may get Barnett Carbon fiber clutch kit for $157 which is reasonable.

As for tires, I plan on getting Michlen Commander II tires for my bike, cost me total abt $300 for both which is reasonable. Tires have best rating for wet/dry riding. Will order tire next year when I have $$$. Metzeler serve me well for 5 years but it handle wet road okay. Its a hard rubber tires but I am switching to Michelin tires cuz it's meduim type rubber tire, not soft nor hard which give excellent grips.

Last edited:
The latest changes to my motorcycle. Flag with holder, flag cover, replaced fluid covers with eagles.

Not shown is my new communications between Reba and me. It is the standard Honda comms from Wingstuff. In the helmet microphone and stereo ear speakers. We can talk to each other or we (i) can listen to the radio or if the GPS is on, it overrides to give me directions. Cool!

Attachments

• 10363560_729523037122688_1819608413801574328_n.jpg
    10363560_729523037122688_1819608413801574328_n.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 10370961_729523193789339_7018416689829017455_n.jpg
    10370961_729523193789339_7018416689829017455_n.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 10649574_729522507122741_748529109733040848_n.jpg
    10649574_729522507122741_748529109733040848_n.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 10405235_729523700455955_2851064197358520799_n.jpg
    10405235_729523700455955_2851064197358520799_n.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 15
Dang! That thing has more buttons than the space shuttle! :shock:

The latest changes to my motorcycle. Flag with holder, flag cover, replaced fluid covers with eagles.

Not shown is my new communications between Reba and me. It is the standard Honda comms from Wingstuff. In the helmet microphone and stereo ear speakers. We can talk to each other or we (i) can listen to the radio or if the GPS is on, it overrides to give me directions. Cool!

I want to get my motorcycle license soon. Just have no idea how to actually ride one. -__-
If you take the class, you have nothing to worry about... they'll teach you everything you need to know. The class i took, 50% of them had never ridden one, and they all passed. :)

Freezing weather are coming soon here in Ks. It's time for me to store my bike and put Seafoam in tank and hook up float charger in. Many of my co-worker asked me if Im still riding during freezing weather. I told them no because supposed driver (cagers) dumped coffee or 54 oz soda cup on road and drinks froze. If I ride over, I would drop the bike. Not worth it lol.

Catty

yep. time to put a cover on my bike! I rode today just to ride into NYC for a bank run and back home. quick 15 min. yep I froze. bbbrrrrrrrr. I guess my riding season is now over.... or maybe not.... just gotta wait till this arctic freeze blows over.

yep. time to put a cover on my bike! I rode today just to ride into NYC for a bank run and back home. quick 15 min. yep I froze. bbbrrrrrrrr. I guess my riding season is now over.... or maybe not.... just gotta wait till this arctic freeze blows over.

Don't you have a heated riding suit?

Back