A Gun Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Hey, gun owners.

I am not a fan of John Stossell. I don't know if you already watched the video of John Stossell doing the report on gun owners jailed in NY. It looks like you cannot bring a gun to NY. They don't recognize your out of state gun license. TSA will arrest you for felony, anyway. Just a warning if you plan to visit there. :X

The NY Safe Act screwed law abiding gun owners. Don't go there. Or NJ. Or CA. or......

Definitely screwed up. I had no idea Kevlar is banned in NYC..

Yeah, NY (especially NYC), CA and NJ are all wastelands of the 2nd Amendment. :(

You need to call ahead to the sheriff offices in any states you plan to visit or travel through to get a written note from them saying you can bring it with you. If any issues arise you have proof that you were given the all clear, this was covered in my CCW classes.

Yeah, NY (especially NYC), CA and NJ are all wastelands of the 2nd Amendment. :(

In CA, you can protect yourself on your property with a licensed gun, but if you are not on your property, you are screwed.

My brother was being cautious. He had our Grandfather's old Smith and Wesson rifle shipped from CA to WA instead of taking it directly to the airport.

You need to call ahead to the sheriff offices in any states you plan to visit or travel through to get a written note from them saying you can bring it with you. If any issues arise you have proof that you were given the all clear, this was covered in my CCW classes.

I read one Facebook comment under the video. Guy said he did call the State Police when he had to go there for work but they won't give him temporary permit or anything, because he was not a resident of NY. He had to comb through his truck ensuring no gun part or bullet was in his truck before he left for NY.

I read another comment that if you are out of state cop with LEOSA national permit, you will be arrested anyway. I don't know if that is exaggerating. I hope that's not true.

Illinois is is sorta okay. We need a permission slip (FOID $10) to own/purchase guns/ammo. And another permission slip ($100 & up) for CCL. We do have castle doctrine. We can open carry in and on our private property (w/o CCL). BUT, I wouldn't test the open carry part of this outside on my property. I live within city limits. Don't want to scare the sheep and possibly be charged with disturbing the peace...sighs.

Here's the problem--licensing the guns themselves, or licensing the ammo. Those are 2A infringements. You shouldn't have to register the guns--that's the first step towards confiscation of them.

In SC, we go thru a background check to purchase guns from retail shops but we don't need a license to purchase them. We can buy them from private parties without a license. That is, selling to a friend or gifting to a relative.

A concealed carry license ("permission slip") is necessary to carry a concealed weapon in SC. There is no open carry (Constitutional carry) in SC except on one's own property (house, yard, farm, business property). A license/permit is not necessary to carry a gun in a car (glove box, console, trunk--not under or on a seat). Guns can be carried to and from the vehicle and house, gun range, gun seller, or motel/hotel.

Most states have two kinds of concealed carry permits--one for residents and one for non-residents. Also, many states have reciprocal agreements with each other. However, if one state doesn't have an agreement with the other, then you can't use your license in the other state. Also, if you move from one state to another, you have to surrender your former state's license and apply for the new state's one. It's not automatic.

Here in Illinois we do not have to register our guns. Chicago had that law in the books until we passed the CCL law a few yrs ago. Hand guns had to be in a broken down state....even in your home! Chicago lost that carve-out when the CCL law passed. If their crooked politicians didn't agree to losing the carve out, Illinois would have become Constitutional Carry. Sighs. No, I don't live in that hell-hole. I'm about 2hrs south.

You just have to know the laws in each state and your constitutional rights.

You just have to know the laws in each state and your constitutional rights.

No...you have to know the laws of each state - they don't care about your constitutional rights. D.C., NY, NJ, MA, and California are proof of this...

Laura

Eight point, 105 pounds. One shot at around 200 yards. There are uses for an AR-15. .223 with no visible entrance or exit wounds.

Attachments

• 24067847_1716682821740033_7779756780047549844_n.jpg
    24067847_1716682821740033_7779756780047549844_n.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 23795939_1716682991740016_8147691072207900782_n.jpg
    23795939_1716682991740016_8147691072207900782_n.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 24774965_1732043930203922_4340515739628040584_n.jpg
    24774965_1732043930203922_4340515739628040584_n.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 6
Eight point, 105 pounds. One shot at around 200 yards. There are uses for an AR-15. .223 with no visible entrance or exit wounds.

Unless the round hits a twig and tumbles in flight. Talk about a mess.

Unless the round hits a twig and tumbles in flight. Talk about a mess.
It was a straight shot out in the open. After I loaded him on the rack, I rolled him over and finally saw blood on the exit side. Never could find the entrance wound.

Wow, .223... Here in The Big Mo, they say .223 is too small to hunt deer with, So, I plan to build a 300 Black. My AR15 5.56 was nice shooting, very accurate and easy to sight in at the range using a bore sight laser. ( didn't waste ammo adjusting the scope ) So, you making any smokies?

No...you have to know the laws of each state - they don't care about your constitutional rights. D.C., NY, NJ, MA, and California are proof of this...

Laura
That's why you need to know your constitutional rights, they aint gonna help you, protect yourself. Guess you got confused with this?

Back