A gentleman with Downs Snydrome opens his restaurant

That's very important. And it's an inspiring story of his parents love for and faith in him.

It's such a sweet and insprining story. I am glad that he got an opportunity job that his parents gave him what he wanted for his life. Thank you for posting it here.

:wave::D Oddball, :ty:I'm so glad you posted that, it's been very hectic and stressful here and I felt so happy after seeing the video and learning about that!
I liked reading what you wrote:D
I'd love to visit there one day, too.

Yes, I saw this on TV last week. Very inspiring. :)

:wave::D Oddball, :ty:I'm so glad you posted that, it's been very hectic and stressful here and I felt so happy after seeing the video and learning about that!
I liked reading what you wrote:D
I'd love to visit there one day, too.

No problem! I have met several people with DS in the past...they are friendly and great. Tim is inspiring everyone despite of his disability. It is positive for him.

:wave:Oddball,

I have had experience with people with Down Syndrome on a purely social level and also was a case manager working with people with cognitive disabilities, including Down Syndrome. My experience with people with DS is that many times the general public under-estimates the people.
I was very happy to see the enthusiasm and warmth for that community toward this person who happens to have DS, and is making his life as just a great person.

I was believing the stereotype that people with Down's Syndrome were always
mentally retarded.

Inspiring story! Saw it on tv a week or two ago.

As a sports fan,I also am wondering whether any Special Olympians have reached world-class level in "open" competition in any sport or do the intellectual difficulties hold them back. I'm not trying to be fresh;this is an honest question that's been nagging me for years.

Good for Tim! That is a wonderful article. Just goes to show how you should never underestimate a person's abilities.

Back