A Dose Of Realty

LOL Me either.... Eattin' out! mmm sure!

But In simple Deafie layman terms that "chewing out" term means

Arguing and talkin' out loud, mad towards someone It doesn't mean chew\ eat out someone...

I know.

Yeah, I know people, whether hearing or not ...... have that idea - drives me nuts!
What Michigan VocRehab Is;
A place where residents of the State of Michigan can go to, that have some sort of impairment, for resources/counseling.

What Mich VocRehab Isn't;
A babysitting service, nor your mother - they will not hold your lazzy-azed hand, and do everything for you! Nor give you everything you want!

-charles

Well said, chucky. And that holds true for all state rehab offices.

That was an interesting thread to read. I tried vrs but indidnt understand it completely at the time so I just gave up and went my own route. I ended up working at pjp then returned to school on my own paying for it right out of my pocket, no grants no loans. I got laid off after the plant closed. Then I sucked it up and went to work at walmart then I finally got a job at Tyson. During all of this I have remained in school and have kept a 3.8 Gpa. If I knew more about vrs and what it could help me with realistically I would consider getting back in touch with them if there were a way I could get assistance paying for college if I were able to go back full time in the fall. I am in a very good position to have my truck paid off within the next month. Far as I know in my area vrs will pay for student support services and offer note takers to take notes in lectures but I could also be entirely wrong.

That was an interesting thread to read. I tried vrs but indidnt understand it completely at the time so I just gave up and went my own route. I ended up working at pjp then returned to school on my own paying for it right out of my pocket, no grants no loans. I got laid off after the plant closed. Then I sucked it up and went to work at walmart then I finally got a job at Tyson. During all of this I have remained in school and have kept a 3.8 Gpa. If I knew more about vrs and what it could help me with realistically I would consider getting back in touch with them if there were a way I could get assistance paying for college if I were able to go back full time in the fall. I am in a very good position to have my truck paid off within the next month. Far as I know in my area vrs will pay for student support services and offer note takers to take notes in lectures but I could also be entirely wrong.

School's DA services should offer you notetakers, interpreters, etc.
The VR will pay schooling if you prove you need schooling.

It's there for a reason, use it if you want.

If you would like more info Dixie, feel free to PM me. Of course, there may be some minor differences between my state and yours that are dependent on funding issues, but all VR offices operate in basically the same manner.

I'm sure you've came across some hearing person that has pissed you off really bad and you want to cuss and chew the SOB out, Yet some of us aren't able to due to speech difficulties!

!!
actually, I would never use someone as my punching bag (as in yell and call them names), definitely not my spouse.

Back