A Dose Of Realty

For Chucky69:

From the University of Michigan:

"Surgery is not scheduled until insurance approval is obtained, which usually takes between 6-8 weeks. Most insurance companies, including Medicare and Medicaid, will cover cochlear implantation and our team will work with patients as much as possible to obtain insurance approval or appeal any denials of cochlear implant surgery by insurance."

Cochlear Implant Program | Adult Program

Not that rare as you think is what I am saying.

So now thanks for agreeing with the fact the VR can give money for CI. Especially for the case in this thread.

Can does not equal will. They can also give money for a new car that has been altered for someone with paraplegia. However, they don't.

Can does not equal will. They can also give money for a new car that has been altered for someone with paraplegia. However, they don't.

The point is that you said they don't.

I have seen first handed on more than one occasion, they do.

But again, you're hearing, not Deaf, so I don't expect you to hear/see as much as I do.

The point is that you said they don't.

I have seen first handed on more than one occasion, they do.

But again, you're hearing, not Deaf, so I don't expect you to hear/see as much as I do.

When it comes to accommodations for the deaf at various levels, I'd say that I see much, much more than you do.:cool2: My hearing status has virtually nothing to do with it.

Evidently, we see this from 2 different perspectives. I saw the point as you recommending that a poster use VR to obtain a CI. I don't see any reason for someone to waste time trying to get VR to pay for a CI when they will pay much more and much more readily for numerous other accommodations and rehabilitation services that are more useful.

When it comes to accommodations for the deaf at various levels, I'd say that I see much, much more than you do.:cool2: My hearing status has virtually nothing to do with it.

Evidently, we see this from 2 different perspectives. I saw the point as you recommending that a poster use VR to obtain a CI. I don't see any reason for someone to waste time trying to get VR to pay for a CI when they will pay much more and much more readily for numerous other accommodations and rehabilitation services that are more useful.

That is exactly my point - Which by all means if it requires just a CI ($60,000) to keep a job, compared to another 4 years of school, state paying interpreters for schooling, and all that stuff ($200,000+), and not fully guaranteed that the person will have a job at the end.. The VR will do the CI thing, easy.

I still stand by my statement though, because you said "They don't". That told me plenty.

But, again, thanks for agreeing with me. Although this time you had to shift angles a few times -- Next time, just cut through the crap and say you agree. Makes things easier.

That is exactly my point - Which by all means if it requires just a CI ($60,000) to keep a job, compared to another 4 years of school, state paying interpreters for schooling, and all that stuff ($200,000+), and not fully guaranteed that the person will have a job at the end.. The VR will do the CI thing, easy.

I still stand by my statement though, because you said "They don't". That told me plenty.

But, again, thanks for agreeing with me. Although this time you had to shift angles a few times -- Next time, just cut through the crap and say you agree. Makes things easier.

I've never seen a job in which having a CI was a requirement.

I am not in agreement with you at all. The probability of getting VR to pay for a CI is slim to none. Why waste a poster's time and energy with such a recommendation?

I've never seen a job in which having a CI was a requirement.

I am not in agreement with you at all. The probability of getting VR to pay for a CI is slim to none. Why waste a poster's time and energy with such a recommendation?

I never recommended it. I am against CI's. :roll:

And there are jobs that requires HEARING. For some, CI's is the only option.

I never recommended it. I am against CI's. :roll:

And there are jobs that requires HEARING. For some, CI's is the only option.

Nope. CIs are never the only option.

Supporting a statement that VR sometimes pays for CIs in regard to a poster that is looking for advice (realistic advise, too boot) is recommending.

Nope. CIs are never the only option.

Supporting a statement that VR sometimes pays for CIs in regard to a poster that is looking for advice (realistic advise, too boot) is recommending.

:roll:

okay, in this case - A job requires 35 db's - and hearing aids and all the other equipments can only bring the person's hearing up to 55 dbs.

A CI can bring it up above 35db...

What are the other options out there????

Please share?

:roll:

okay, in this case - A job requires 35 db's - and hearing aids and all the other equipments can only bring the person's hearing up to 55 dbs.

A CI can bring it up above 35db...

What are the other options out there????

Please share?

There are several accomodations that could be used.

You don't know that there will be that much of an increase in dB level until after the surgery and rehabilitation. VR rarely spends funding, especially in the amount that will be necessary for CI surgery, for something that is a 50-50 probability.

There are several accomodations that could be used.
Like what?
You don't know that there will be that much of an increase in dB level until after the surgery and rehabilitation. VR rarely spends funding, especially in the amount that will be necessary for CI surgery, for something that is a 50-50 probability.

Well, I have seen it happen five times. I must be missing something here...

Like what?

Well, I have seen it happen five times. I must be missing something here...

Mind posting something....anything at all....to support that claim?

Yep, you're missing something. A CRC and a position in the field.

Cochlear Implant Program

A Cochlear implant is a surgically implanted device that assists an individual with sever or profound hearing loss to hear sounds. The Division of Rehabilitation Services, through the Department of Human Services, administers the Cochlear Implant Program. This program is designed to provide financial assistance to an eligible individual who is uninsured or to help offset the deductible or coinsurance for an individual with an insurance plan that covers cochlear implants. The program provides funding for the cost of the implant surgery for one ear, one implant device, surgeon fee, hospital fee, the initial mapping and up to a maximum of 12 follow up mappings within one year post surgery.
Division of Rehabilitation Services

Looks like a little education is in order.

Look ma, no PhD! (well, almost).

His quote was in the article. Cochlear.org even agrees with me.. i mean.. it's silly for you to keep this nonsense going on...

Coclear.org will say anything necessary to promote the sales of CIs.:roll:

They have virtually no influence over the way that VR spends their funds.

Back