9/11

nightwolf

Reaction score
its 11years since the United States was attacked in an outrageous move by foreign terrorist. we should never forget those that lost there lives that day and the courageous efforts of the rescuers that not thinking of themselves went to save every life they could. let us take a moment to remember those who we lost and there familys.

3quyrc.jpg

9/11. I hope we remember that we need to stop letting the fear and paranoia to continue to dictate our life and this country. 9/11 is a stark reminder of our arrogance and ignorance in the past so I hope we all have learned from our mistake and that we should be more approachable and multicultural in order to work with other countries. God bless America and God bless you.

Excuse me, but the attack on 9/11 was not "our mistake." It was 100 percent the fault of the perpetrators. It had nothing to do with "our arrogance and ignorance."

The victims of the attack were just that--innocent victims, including many who were also heroes that day. Let's remember that today.

Excuse me, but the attack on 9/11 was not "our mistake." It was 100 percent the fault of the perpetrators. It had nothing to do with "our arrogance and ignorance."

The victims of the attack were just that--innocent victims, including many who were also heroes that day. Let's remember that today.

I'm wondering how do you think I'm referring the attack on 9/11 as our mistake. Being arrogant and ignorant to the world was the mistake.

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

If I misunderstood your post, I apologize. I guess I don't understand why you would mention "our" mistakes, arrogance, and ignorance in relation to an attack on us. Do you mean we weren't prepared for the attack?

I just wanted to make it clear that the attack on America was fully the fault of the attackers.

If I misunderstood your post, I apologize. I guess I don't understand why you would mention "our" mistakes, arrogance, and ignorance in relation to an attack on us. Do you mean we weren't prepared for the attack?
What I'm saying is that we have been arrogant and ignorant with "my way or the highway" attitude toward other countries. Our government has made series of mistakes that led to tragedies such as Bay of Pigs, Fast and Furious Operation, Operation Cyclone, so on.

I just wanted to make it clear that the attack on America was fully the fault of the attackers.
yes.

What I'm saying is that we have been arrogant and ignorant with "my way or the highway" attitude toward other countries. Our government has made series of mistakes that led to tragedies such as Bay of Pigs, Fast and Furious Operation, Operation Cyclone, so on.

yes.

We must never apologize for being Americans or the American way! Only our cowardly president can do that! He ought to be ashamed!

We must never apologize for being Americans or the American way! Only our cowardly president can do that! He ought to be ashamed!

No, that's not what he says - go read his post carefully and you are just goes overreacted.

President? the political discussion is out of question, especially personal attack.

Note: If you use any personal attack against politicians so this thread will thrown out to political section so I don't want good thread like those to thrown out.

yes.

Yup, I agree, and we should improves the relation with other countries, also respect their difference of social, culture and political.

After 9/11, there are no single international terrorist attack on US soil after we tightened up the anti-terrorist measurement and security.

Personally I believe we need to improve out relationship with other countries as well. I would prefer the same method we used with Japan. Apologize? Hell no.

Personally I believe we need to improve out relationship with other countries as well. I would prefer the same method we used with Japan. Apologize? Hell no.

What is definition about out relationship? I don't find it in dictionary.

The other countries have own policies, different society, different social and culture and political system so USA can't act like best country ever, or most perfect country or better than other, or we are more worth than other, etc. We know that we don't get anything what we want from other countries. When other countries disagree so we should leave them alone instead of provoking or attacking, unless they (like Iran and North Korea) provoke at us.

USA only issue an apologize when they made a mistake (not related to 9/11), like internment of Japanese American and syphilis tests in Guatemala.

apologize? for what?

I've never said we should apologize. I said we should be more approachable and multicultural.. because that is the American way. I'm sorry but America is not a white country nor a Christian country. This is a country built by immigrants.

I don't think I want to know your definition of American way. Based on your post - it sounds like the American way is wearing Texas size belt and stomping over anybody who you don't like with "my way or the highway" attitude even though if you're wrong.

apologize? for what?

I've never said we should apologize. I said we should be more approachable and multicultural.. because that is the American way. I'm sorry but America is not a white country nor a Christian country. This is a country built by immigrants.

I don't think I want to know your definition of American way. Based on your post - it sounds like the American way is wearing Texas size belt and stomping over anybody who you don't like with "my way or the highway" attitude even though if you're wrong.

Yup, I'm right because I already know that your post isn't suggest to issue an apologize to others.

Wow, I heard about outside of US Embassy in Egypt and US Consulate in Libya got attacked today. I hope all workers in embassy and consulate are safe.

That's very sad and I'm not going create a thread about it because of strong political and religious opposition.

I was driving on my way to work and drove under an overpass with a bunch of people standing at the edge holding USA flags and waving at us.

Makes me proud! :)

apologize? for what?

No, you just called Americans ignorant and arrogant! What's the difference really!? If you don't like it then leave it! Jiro I like you but sometimes I don't like your attitude! At least here in America you can get away with what you say!!!

Can't we all just get along?? At least for today can we just remember all the people that lost their loved ones that day. Also all of our military who are still away from their families. This includes my family and I don't think today is the day to argue about all of this.

I want our military families to remember we are all thinking of them and pray they return soon.
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Back