8 Interview Questions You Might Not Know Are Illegal

Discussion in 'Job Offers & Requests' started by rockin'robin, May 20, 2015.

1. Muse

Muse Active Member

Yeah, startups usually are a little like that on the rules. Do you know how big they were at the time?

2. Barbaro

Barbaro Well-Known Member

No. Maybe my husband does.

Muse likes this.
  3. Mieke

Mieke Belgian ASL noob Premium Member

Honestly no clue, since I have not come across any. In terms of inclusion we probably are not really rating high. While we do have some tv shows with captions, I think like.for tv it has gotten harder since teletext has been taken out of service recently which allowed people to have captions on shows that did not. TT would also show some news on tv but with the news being more on Internet this has been taken out, which has lead to this.

On the plus we do have great health care here, people with serious disability are paid by social care here, no matter for how long it lasts. ...

4. BigHeart4U

BigHeart4U Guest

Many startups are like that. They are still uneducated on the conduct of performing Interviews. Many startup founders are likely not college educated and not even taken ethic and interviewing courses if any in business administration majors. So, they will say something like that. Second of all, maybe with that case about the children is that many startups are under 25 or even 50 employees and they do have exceptions in many laws. Such as accessibility under ADA law. It is true. They may can not afford childcare and obamacare and daycare if child is under age 5. So having said, this could be a reason. Another reason is that perhaps because it is a startup, the employee will be required on last minute to travel.

Also the cost of FMLA. Say, a child is sick or has a snow day (if up north), or school problem (suspension, electrical problems, fire, etc.), then the parent will have to be at home missing work. I understand where this coming from. A temp will cost more because the FMLA and even sick days they are forced to take just because of a child situation will cost the company. Like 2 birds killed with one stone. I know so because I run my own business in design and drafting field.

5. Barbaro

Barbaro Well-Known Member

Nope, they're educated. All of them hold Ph.D and master degrees did ask illegal questions. In fact, one of the interviewers is a startup business consultant. He also was a program manager for $2 billion business research. Won't say the name here. The biggest flaw is they don't know how to manage business. I've been monitoring their website. They're sloppy and keep changing the policy on purchases and other things. I am not that impressed.

6. Eddie Jay

Eddie Jay Member

Too bad "Do you have any children?" wasn't on the list......

7. Eddie Jay

Eddie Jay Member