7-year-old suspended over stick-figure drawing

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score
Complaint about image depicting 'water pistol' leads to disciplinary action

Updated: 12:01 a.m. ET Oct. 21, 2007

DENNIS TOWNSHIP, N.J. - A New Jersey second-grader's drawing of a stick figure shooting a gun has earned him a one-day school suspension.

Seven-year-old Kyle Walker's mom told an The Press newspaper of Atlantic City that her son was suspended for violating the district's zero-tolerance policy on guns. She said her son told her he'd drawn a water pistol.

Kyle gave the picture to another child on the school bus, and that child's parents complained about it to school officials.

The case is not the first in New Jersey in which students were suspended for depictions of weapons.

Four kindergarten boys were suspended in 2000 for playing cops and robbers, even though they were using their fingers as guns.

Boy suspended for stick-figure drawing - Education - MSNBC.com

*big sigh*

Man, what an over-reaction! Also, what's wrong with those parents who complained to the school about the drawing? If they didn't like the picture, why didn't they just call the other parents? Why such a big deal? Good grief.

They overreacted over small thing like picture? it is not like it is a real thing? gosh! I felt bad for the kid.. dang!

:roll: Good thing I'm not a kid anymore, I'd have been suspended over a dozen times for playing cops and robbers given the current climate.

Let's see . . . the schools can teach and demonstrate to that age how to put on a condom . . . listen to trash like Britney Spears and the likes of her . . . they can't add 2+2 in their head, they need a calculator or a computer to do that . . . they can't spell, so they use spell check on a computer . . . and if the parents object, well dammit, they're abusing their kids and let's call child welfare in and get them arrested!!!!!!!!!!:rl::rl:

Complaint about image depicting 'water pistol' leads to disciplinary action

Updated: 12:01 a.m. ET Oct. 21, 2007

Boy suspended for stick-figure drawing - Education - MSNBC.com

*big sigh*

First of all, I just want to say my apologizes for forgettin' to add " zero " to tolerance in my old posts somewhere. THAT " zero-tolerance " - gee, I don't agree with its ideas. It's ridiculous. I can see that zero-tolerance is all backward. What they do to all schools ( students ) is to teach them between truth and lies. Right now, the students don't know what to believe anymore - only very few of them knows what the schools are up to.

I feel sorry for children nowdays. I don't think it is fair. :(

I guess the city needs to arrest the billboard that has guns on it. Why not let school suspect that man who put guns on billboard?

SHEESH.

Plus why don't the New Jersey arrest Alex for allow this "smiles" like this
:rl: and
:rifle:???

SHESSH

Back