7 year old girl abducted from my sisters apartment complex!( Updated 12.5.11)

My niece's father was part of the search and rescue team. He was in training for two years and this was the first search and rescue operation he took part in. He was absolutely devastated when she was not found alive.

He hugs his daughter a little tighter now.

I wonder how is Jaspeth doing? Hope he is doing alright.

Yeah, me too. He didn't know the family personally, but his sister did live in the same complex. I wonder if she knew them.

Yeah, me too. He didn't know the family personally, but his sister did live in the same complex. I wonder if she knew them.

I'm a She to clarify :). I'm doing pretty good. Disgusted and depressed for most of the day but good. My sister did not know the family personally but has lived there for years and never had a problem. I did hear some news that maybe ( rumors are flying around the apartment complex ) that there will be an arrest tonight and that they think it's the maintance man since those types are the only ones with keys to the rooms and to the garbage compactor she was found in. The compactor has a lock on it that only maintance can access and my sister told me that there is a new guy there that was hired several months ago and she thinks it's him. She's seen this person with her own eyes and it gives me utter chills to think about seeing someone who could possibly be the killer. I was told by my sister that the police have interviewed that person but they let him go. I will be going up there on weds to see my sister and to visit the playground where there is a vigil and flowers for the little girl. My sister does not feel safe anymore and is considering moving to my dads until they find this person.

As for the killer there was an amount of over kill that is not typically seen with and I hate to use the word average, or typical but its the best I can come up with for now, these types of crimes, granted they are but the degree of over kill is extreme in this case and this person was very caculated in his killing which to me is even more disturbing. I'm very, very disturbed by the psychological profile/picture I'm getting from these reports. This is NOT your average sexually motivated killing of a child. This person ENJOYED the thrill of the kill in conjunction with the sexual assault. I see this in serial killers but not....I'm getting goosebumps on my arms just typing this and my breathing is getting rapid. This is how chilling this person comes across to me as. Although it's never typical or normal for anyone to commit any kind of abuse or sexual assault on a child this goes above and beyond what is considered a normal ( hate using the word normal but it's the best I can come up with at this moment )amount of pain that was inflicted on this child and shows a very sadistic portrait of the perp. I do not think this is a newbie. A new killer would not be so brazen and bold. Most killers kill within their comfort zones and the further out they go the less comfortable they are with committing the crime. However,( not all killers should be looped into the group if the body is found this far away he's a new one, if it's close to where he lives its not) its the fact that he was so bold and brazen and took huge risk that to me a newbie would not take that makes me think he's done this before. This man is very assured and comfortable with what he has done sure he will not get caught. He knew what he was doing and this alone points to a different breed of child killer. This sadly was not an impulsive act and if it were I would rest a little easier for my sister and my own safety as a woman because the psychological profile of this person to me does not exempt anyone over the age of 20 from becoming his next victim and this murder to me wasn't just motivated by lust it was an issue of control, very caculated. Whoever did this scares the hell out of me and this is coming from a gal who wishes to become a forensic psychologist nabbing serial killers and the like for a living.

I'm just staring at the screen blankly now. Damn. Stein-tell your father/friend I said hello and thanks for helping with the search. We'll get the bastard soon!

I'm a She to clarify :). I'm doing pretty good. Disgusted and depressed for most of the day but good. My sister did not know the family personally but has lived there for years and never had a problem. I did hear some news that maybe ( rumors are flying around the apartment complex ) that there will be an arrest tonight and that they think it's the maintance man since those types are the only ones with keys to the rooms and to the garbage compactor she was found in. The compactor has a lock on it that only maintance can access and my sister told me that there is a new guy there that was hired several months ago and she thinks it's him. She's seen this person with her own eyes and it gives me utter chills to think about seeing someone who could possibly be the killer. I was told by my sister that the police have interviewed that person but they let him go. I will be going up there on weds to see my sister and to visit the playground where there is a vigil and flowers for the little girl. My sister does not feel safe anymore and is considering moving to my dads until they find this person.

As for the killer there was an amount of over kill that is not typically seen with and I hate to use the word average, or typical but its the best I can come up with for now, these types of crimes, granted they are but the degree of over kill is extreme in this case and this person was very caculated in his killing which to me is even more disturbing. I'm very, very disturbed by the psychological profile/picture I'm getting from these reports. This is NOT your average sexually motivated killing fo a child. This person ENJOYED the thrill of the kill in conjunction with the sexual assult. I see this in serial killers but not....I'm getting goosebumps on my arms just typing this and my breathing is getting rapid. This is how chilling this person comes across to me as. Although it's never typical or normal for anyone to commit any kind of abuse or sexual assault on a child this goes above and beyond what is considered a normal amount of pain that was inflicted on this child and shows a very sadistic portrait of the perp. I do not think this is a newbie. A new killer would not be so brazen and bold. Most killers kill within their comfort zones and the further out they go the less comfortable they are with committing the crime. This man is very assured and comfortable with what he has done sure he will not get caught. He knew what he was doing and this alone points to a different breed of child killer. This sadly was not an impulsive act and if it were I would rest a little easier for my sister and my own safety as a woman because the psychological profile of this person to me does not exempt anyone over the age of 20 from becoming his next victim and this murder to me wasn't just motivated by lust it was an issue of control, very caculated. Whoever did this scares the hell out of me and this is coming from a gal who wishes to become a forensic psychologist nabbing serial killers and the like for a living.

I'm just staring at the screen blankly now. Damn. Stein-tell your father/friend I said hello and thanks for helping with the search. We'll get the bastard soon!

I thought you were a "she" but then someone said "he" and I thought maybe I was mistaken.:giggle:

You have no doubt seen more details than we have about the case. Of course, there is always a chance that it could be a serial type killing, but actually, I hope it isn't. Not just for obvious reasons, but because a serial type killer is very careful and they will have a difficult time indeed finding any DNA left behind. One of the reasons that serial killers are so difficult to catch is because they are so careful and leave no clues behind.

Have they been able to link any other murders in the area to this crime? Or anywhere in the state? Other crimes in recent history that could be linked would definitely be indication of a serial murderer at work.

I hope that it isn't the maintenance man, as well. People will be going into PTSD like symptoms left and right knowing that this murderer had access to their homes. In fact, it would probably be a good idea to do a crisis intervention with the residents of the complex. Kids especially need to be reassured and debriefed after something like this.

I hope you find your sister well. Keep us informed regarding anything you find out.

As for the killer there was an amount of over kill that is not typically seen with and I hate to use the word average, or typical but its the best I can come up with for now, these types of crimes, granted they are but the degree of over kill is extreme in this case and this person was very caculated in his killing which to me is even more disturbing. I'm very, very disturbed by the psychological profile/picture I'm getting from these reports. This is NOT your average sexually motivated killing of a child. This person ENJOYED the thrill of the kill in conjunction with the sexual assault. I see this in serial killers but not....I'm getting goosebumps on my arms just typing this and my breathing is getting rapid. This is how chilling this person comes across to me as. Although it's never typical or normal for anyone to commit any kind of abuse or sexual assault on a child this goes above and beyond what is considered a normal ( hate using the word normal but it's the best I can come up with at this moment )amount of pain that was inflicted on this child and shows a very sadistic portrait of the perp. I do not think this is a newbie. A new killer would not be so brazen and bold. Most killers kill within their comfort zones and the further out they go the less comfortable they are with committing the crime. However,( not all killers should be looped into the group if the body is found this far away he's a new one, if it's close to where he lives its not) its the fact that he was so bold and brazen and took huge risk that to me a newbie would not take that makes me think he's done this before. This man is very assured and comfortable with what he has done sure he will not get caught. He knew what he was doing and this alone points to a different breed of child killer. This sadly was not an impulsive act and if it were I would rest a little easier for my sister and my own safety as a woman because the psychological profile of this person to me does not exempt anyone over the age of 20 from becoming his next victim and this murder to me wasn't just motivated by lust it was an issue of control, very caculated. Whoever did this scares the hell out of me and this is coming from a gal who wishes to become a forensic psychologist nabbing serial killers and the like for a living.

I would not be surprised if the killer was a serial killer. The thought send chills down my back! This is so horrible ! Where do these monsters come from and how to people become like this?? I just can't understand how a person can think it OK to kill a child or any person!

I would not be surprised if the killer was a serial killer. The thought send chills down my back! This is so horrible ! Where do these monsters come from and how to people become like this?? I just can't understand how a person can think it OK to kill a child or any person!

Unless you think like someone who commits serial murder, or any brutal murder like this, no one can truly understand exactly what is happening in their mind. Even the experts are giving generalities and don't understand the specifics. There are some characteristics that are common to people who commit this type of crime. But there is also the interplay of individual environment and the response to that environment that creates the serial killer or the brutal murderer.

Again, I am not referring to graphic details.

A witness reported seeing a white Honda running for an hour. That is not a detailed description. A more detailed description would increase the likelihood of people at that complex knowing who it belonged to. Or, seeing it occasionally and even know if it belonged to a frequent visitor.

White Honda is not descriptive enough.
simple - spot a white honda and call 911. not that hard.

I also know that in a lot of situations such as this, there are a lot of people who will not come forward to avoid the spotlight.
there is anonymous hotline.

Maybe the police already know who it belonged to and ruled the person out as a suspect.
maybe we should let the police do the guesswork.

I watched a movie about the true story of John Wayne Gacy and a college student that was able to get inside his head. I think it was called "Dear Mr. Gacy project". Definitely haunting and disturbing.

simple - spot a white honda and call 911. not that hard.

there is anonymous hotline.

maybe we should let the police do the guesswork.

How many white hondas can you spot on any given day in any given parking lot? :hmm:
that would create quite a phone bill don't you think?
If the police had not asked for public assistance then sure, let them do the guess work. We both know you got my point and are just trying to create a controversy.

The latest in the rumor mill is that it was a river ridge apartment complex employee. Right now, it is just a rumor.

(edit: just read Jaspeth's post - she is right, they think it is a maintenance man. I heard the rumor from my sister).

How many white hondas can you spot on any given day in any given parking lot? :hmm:
what a comical question. You're a funny man with poorly-made jokes, aren't ya? Police is not interested in white honda from a county that is several hours away. They were specifically asking the locals to call them if they know anything about a white honda in a specific location during specific timeframe.

If this happened at my condo in NJ, I certainly wouldn't be calling cop about white honda I see in NYC. I certainly wouldn't be calling cop about white honda that I just saw at grocery lot when a driver is just a frustrated mom carrying shopping bag and crying baby. I wouldn't be calling cop about white honda I just saw passing me when it's some distracted teen girl texting to whoever.

that would create quite a phone bill don't you think?
not really. it's business as usual for all missing person cases. perhaps you would like to see how many phone calls NYPD or Newark PD gets and the percentage of all calls they received that is actually useful to their cases.

If the police had not asked for public assistance then sure, let them do the guess work. We both know you got my point and are just trying to create a controversy.
no I don't get your point because you don't have any as usual. you seem to think police is not doing their job well and you seem to think you can do a better job than them.

the police has already asked for public assistance and you're just being a fussy whining brat because police did not release a specific information about white honda.

what a comical question. You're a funny man with poorly-made jokes, aren't ya? Police is not interested in white honda from a county that is several hours away. They were specifically asking the locals to call them if they know anything about a white honda in a specific location during specific timeframe.

If this happened at my condo in NJ, I certainly wouldn't be calling cop about white honda I see in NYC. I certainly wouldn't be calling cop about white honda that I just saw at grocery lot when a driver is just a frustrated mom carrying shopping bag and crying baby. I wouldn't be calling cop about white honda I just saw passing me when it's some distracted teen girl texting to whoever.

not really. it's business as usual for all missing person cases. perhaps you would like to see how many phone calls NYPD or Newark PD gets and the percentage of all calls they received that is actually useful to their cases.

no I don't get your point because you don't have any as usual. you seem to think police is not doing their job well and you seem to think you can do a better job than them.

the police has already asked for public assistance and you're just being a fussy whining brat because police did not release a specific information about white honda.

Jiro - you are still being intentionally obtuse or maybe ... not intentional. First of all, I never said anything about the police being interested in a white honda from several counties away. I never even said the police were interested in a white honda. I never even implied the police were not doing their job. You are stating all of this to create controversy and make this confrontational - as usual.

I said that a witness reported seeing a "white honda" with the engine running with no one inside of it for nearly an hour within the vicinity where the child went missing. I also said that was not descriptive enough. How many white hondas are there in that apartment complex? I am sure there are more than a few. How many would be in a 1 mile radius? How many would be in the vicinity of the Riverstone Parkway area? The city of Canton?

If it had been descriptive enough, that number would be greatly reduced. Sometimes you like to create controversy to just be an ass. I would make a suggestion but I am sure you will just create even more controversy and become more of an ass - if that is even possible.

Child murders may be "normal" where you are from, but they are not normal here.

Jiro - you are still being intentionally obtuse or maybe ... not intentional. First of all, I never said anything about the police being interested in a white honda from several counties away. I never even said the police were interested in a white honda. I never even implied the police were not doing their job. You are stating all of this to create controversy and make this confrontational - as usual.

I said that a witness reported seeing a "white honda" with the engine running with no one inside of it for nearly an hour within the vicinity where the child went missing. I also said that was not descriptive enough. How many white hondas are there in that apartment complex? I am sure there are more than a few. How many would be in a 1 mile radius? How many would be in the vicinity of the Riverstone Parkway area? The city of Canton?

If it had been descriptive enough, that number would be greatly reduced. Sometimes you like to create controversy to just be an ass. I would make a suggestion but I am sure you will just create even more controversy and become more of an ass - if that is even possible.

Child murders may be "normal" where you are from, but they are not normal here.

sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh.......................

...I said that a witness reported seeing a "white honda" with the engine running with no one inside of it for nearly an hour within the vicinity where the child went missing. I also said that was not descriptive enough. How many white hondas are there in that apartment complex? I am sure there are more than a few. How many would be in a 1 mile radius? How many would be in the vicinity of the Riverstone Parkway area? The city of Canton?
In the Southeast, white cars in general are extremely common because they are perceived to stay cooler in hot weather. Hondas are also extremely common, especially with younger people. White Honda cars include many model years. If that apartment complex is typical, a white Honda is probably not unusual for the area.

I do hope who ever did this is caught, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

In the Southeast, white cars in general are extremely common because they are perceived to stay cooler in hot weather. Hondas are also extremely common, especially with younger people. White Honda cars include many model years. If that apartment complex is typical, a white Honda is probably not unusual for the area.

My neighbor across the street has two white Hondas.

If the reporter had gotten more information from MacFarland (the witness who saw the car running) and was to say, for example, an 80's era white Honda 2 door hatchback, or even, 90's model 4 door sedan - that would have narrowed it down.

If this had been a case of a child abduction, and the person who abducted the child was driving a "white honda", they could have theoretically been several states away or even in Mexico by the time an accurate description of the car was given to the public.

The police ask for public assistance all the time. I would think reporters (the link between the public and the police) should do more accurate and descriptive reporting - not graphic details -

It is those type of details that get fugitives caught. I know you know this Reba, I am just saying it to get it off my chest ;)

AMW | About John Walsh from America's Most Wanted

Most people know John Walsh as the dedicated host of America's Most Wanted, the man whose groundbreaking television program has helped take down over 1,050 dangerous fugitives and bring home more than 50 missing children in the past 22 years. But it's not the career he envisioned for himself.

I still remember the first time I saw John Walsh - I was living in Florida when our family saw his plea for help from the public to find his son Adam.

...I still remember the first time I saw John Walsh - I was living in Florida when our family saw his plea for help from the public to find his son Adam.
Yes, it was heartbreaking. He was on TV that morning being interviewed, and it was after that he got the news about Adam. :(

Yes, it was heartbreaking. He was on TV that morning being interviewed, and it was after that he got the news about Adam. :(

I still remember that - I was about the same age as Adam. A lot of parents bought child leashes after that. My parents sat us kids down and told us to never leave their sight ... ever. A lot of kids were told that after the Adam Walsh incident. It really changed the national mentality.

John Walsh could have faded into the shadows, but he didn't - he made a lifelong pursuit to bring down monsters.

Back