7 year old girl abducted from my sisters apartment complex!( Updated 12.5.11)

I also believe giving details to the public when asking for the public's help is not sick or disgusting. It increases the chance that someone will come forward with information that can lead to the arrest of whomever is responsible for the heinous crime.

I noticed the removal of the younger children as well. I don't know if that is common procedure to do, or if there was a legitimate concern. I do know that the younger children will more than likely be traumatized even further if not allowed to be with their mother.

It wouldn't be a common practice unless there is sufficient evidence that the other children are at risk. The trauma to the children is the very reason that children's services do not remove children without a very real risk of those children being in danger.

Yeah, it's disturbing. It's one thing to hear about those details about someone you don't know and quite another when it's someone you know or knew years ago.

The details in the Eric Payne case and one of the murder victims in Richmond VA made me feel sick to my stomach because I had known that victim years ago and the details were brutal and worse yet, it was my best friend from mainstream who discovered the body. That victim was her mother.

I preferred not to read the details of what happened to the girl in the empty apt. That wasnt necessary. Ugh!

I also believe giving details to the public when asking for the public's help is not sick or disgusting. It increases the chance that someone will come forward with information that can lead to the arrest of whomever is responsible for the heinous crime.

If someone saw something, they would not need graphic details in order to come forward and say, 'Hey, I saw the girl walking with so and so.

I preferred not to read the details of what happened to the girl in the empty apt. That wasnt necessary. Ugh!

Exactly. This kind of graphic detail just is not necessary, and it says something about those that enjoy reading it. Not to mention the risk of copy cat crime by someone just as sick as this person is.

Exactly. This kind of graphic detail just is not necessary, and it says something about those that enjoy reading it. Not to mention the risk of copy cat crime by someone just as sick as this person is.

And it hits close to home because I have a six year old. It just makes me more paranoid. I would rather not know the terrible stuff that happens out there. :(

And it hits close to home because I have a six year old. It just makes me more paranoid. I would rather not know the terrible stuff that happens out there. :(

When you consider the number of 6 year olds in this country, it really is still a rare happening. The fact that it is so much in the public eye because of the media makes it seem like it happens all the time.

But I understand exactly where you are coming from, one mom to another.

When you consider the number of 6 year olds in this country, it really is still a rare happening. The fact that it is so much in the public eye because of the media makes it seem like it happens all the time.

But I understand exactly where you are coming from, one mom to another.

Yea...I never was really as paranoid about stranger abduction except for the times I read about them. I am much more paranoid about my daughter starting to drive next year. :shock:

Yea...I never was really as paranoid about stranger abduction except for the times I read about them. I am much more paranoid about my daughter starting to drive next year. :shock:

Girl, I have been there, done that! That is definitely something to be scared of!:giggle:

If someone saw something, they would not need graphic details in order to come forward and say, 'Hey, I saw the girl walking with so and so.

I wasn't referring to graphic details. More like the make, model, year of the vehicle that was left running with no one inside for an hour.

I wasn't referring to graphic details. More like the make, model, year of the vehicle that was left running with no one inside for an hour.

Someone wouldn't need graphic details to report something like that. All they needed to do that a kid was missing from the area and believed to have been abducted.

As far as the cops releasing make. model, etc. They don't have that information unless they know who took the kid. When they have that info, it is always released, usually in an Amber Alert.

I doubt it was thru official channel.
Your link said the information was released by Georgia Bureau of Investigation Director Vernon Keenan. That sounds official to me.

It helps that this is a white Honda, but we don't know if this is a 2010 Accord or a 1978 Civic. It would be helpful if we knew. White Hondas are everywhere.

I don't know anything about Canton, GA. I wonder if this is a safe area in general to raise kids. I would be wary about living in that complex with kids. How many kids were living with that victim?

I'm sure that the person who did it is watching news---look for white Honda, and then he/she will get something else. No more White Honda. Just be aware.....Maybe they'll hide the white Honda after hearing that it's the car.

It helps that this is a white Honda, but we don't know if this is a 2010 Accord or a 1978 Civic. It would be helpful if we knew. White Hondas are everywhere.

I don't know anything about Canton, GA. I wonder if this is a safe area in general to raise kids. I would be wary about living in that complex with kids. How many kids were living with that victim?

I'm sure that the person who did it is watching news---look for white Honda, and then he/she will get something else. No more White Honda. Just be aware.....Maybe they'll hide the white Honda after hearing that it's the car.

I saw the video...the apt complext looked very upscale and the area looked very clean. Better looking than some of the places I have lived before I bought this house.

Someone wouldn't need graphic details to report something like that. All they needed to do that a kid was missing from the area and believed to have been abducted.

As far as the cops releasing make. model, etc. They don't have that information unless they know who took the kid. When they have that info, it is always released, usually in an Amber Alert.

Again, I am not referring to graphic details.

A witness reported seeing a white Honda running for an hour. That is not a detailed description. A more detailed description would increase the likelihood of people at that complex knowing who it belonged to. Or, seeing it occasionally and even know if it belonged to a frequent visitor.

White Honda is not descriptive enough.

I also know that in a lot of situations such as this, there are a lot of people who will not come forward to avoid the spotlight.

Maybe the police already know who it belonged to and ruled the person out as a suspect.

Again, I am not referring to graphic details.

A witness reported seeing a white Honda running for an hour. That is not a detailed description. A more detailed description would increase the likelihood of people at that complex knowing who it belonged to. Or, seeing it occasionally and even know if it belonged to a frequent visitor.

White Honda is not descriptive enough.

I also know that in a lot of situations such as this, there are a lot of people who will not come forward to avoid the spotlight.

Maybe the police already know who it belonged to and ruled the person out as a suspect.

I agree with the release of the information about the car with hopes that witness would come forward about it.

It is the gruesome details of the girls' last moments of her life is what is totally unecessary. Pisses me off.

Not everyone knows car. They may say they saw a 4 door sedan. They may not know whether it is a Civic or Accord. Not many people know about cars.

I wonder how is Jaspeth doing? Hope he is doing alright.

These stories break my heart. Why does this happen? WHY???

How can anyone do such a thing to a child? I don't understand.

Back