7 year old girl abducted from my sisters apartment complex!( Updated 12.5.11)

What a sad, sad situation. Interesting that the other children have been removed from the home due to concern about supervision. I wonder if the children were younger or older.

Also interesting that they have interviewed sex offenders in the area and stated that they have no reason to suspect them. Of course, DNA will be helpful in either clearing them or proving guilt, one of the two. If they are registered sex offenders, their DNA will be on file.

I think we are going to see some developments in this case that are going to be different from everyone suspects.

About supervision. I remember back then my parents let me go out riding bikes with my friends around the neighborhood when I was in elementary school so I had to be 7 or 8 at the time. If they removed the other children because the mother let a teenager babysit her daughter, then I dont understand how that can be considered unsupervised?

About supervision. I remember back then my parents let me go out riding bikes with my friends around the neighborhood when I was in elementary school so I had to be 7 or 8 at the time. If they removed the other children because the mother let a teenager babysit her daughter, then I dont understand how that can be considered unsupervised?

I think there is more to it than it being reported in the news. There has to be a pattern of the girl being left unsupervised. They would not have removed the other kids on this one incident.

I wonder what the teenager that was supposed to be babysitting was doing when the child went to get a drink.

That apartment complex has a gate code to enter. The child was inside the complex - if this was an "outsider" they would have had to have had the gate code to get in.

Then, there was mention of a white honda that was left running for an hour near the playground but no one was in it? Could the police give some specific details other than white, honda?

Accord, Civic, 4 door sedan, 2 door, van, truck, SUV?

Whoever did this had to have a gate code and know how to use the compactor.

There's a reason why specific information was purposely omitted.

There's a reason why specific information was purposely omitted.

I am sure there is a reason for the omissions.

However, when her poster was plastered all over town when they were looking for her, they didn't even give specifics on what she was wearing or looked like. I am sure that was due to panic ...

Sometimes, the omissions don't make any sense.

If police are going to ask for the public's help, they need to give specific information.

BTW, when they get this guy, they need to put him down like a rabid dog. Animals have more respect for life than the person who did this.

However, when her poster was plastered all over town when they were looking for her, they didn't even give specifics on what she was wearing or looked like. I am sure that was due to panic ...

If police are going to ask for the public's help, they need to give specific information.

BTW, when they get this guy, they need to put him down like a rabid dog. Animals have more respect for life than the person who did this.

They would held back some information to weed out false leads. Some people just like to call in the police with so-called leads.

no not really. it's for safety reason. and for strategical purpose.

trust me. police knows what they're doing.

you do not need to know the specific. white honda. that's all you need to look for. call cop if you see one and let them handle rest.

They would held back some information to weed out false leads. Some people just like to call in the police with so-called leads.

Not only that, they withhold information so that they know who was at the crime scene. There are specific details that only the person who committed the crime would know.

I don't think any of us need to be second guessing the police in this situation.

Not only that, they withhold information so that they know who was at the crime scene. There are specific details that only the person who committed the crime would know.

I don't think any of us need to be second guessing the police in this situation.

I know we live in on-demand information age. we get rapidly demanding for all little information.

that's why I hate it when reporters get needlessly too involved and publicize tons of detailed information. it's making officers' job much harder to solve the case.

I know we live in on-demand information age. we get rapidly demanding for all little information.

that's why I hate it when reporters get needlessly too involved and publicize tons of detailed information. it's making officers' job much harder to solve the case.

It also ruins the case in court, when the media gets all frenzied over it. Making jury selection almost impossible.

It also ruins the case in court, when the media gets all frenzied over it. Making jury selection almost impossible.

Yea, I was thinking the same too. The judicial system needs to change how to select juries to keep up with how technology is changing the way people get their information.

let us analyze this farce -

Jorelys Rivera Murder: Police Say Ga. Girl's Killing Was 'Very Calculated'
Investigators said they believe one of those who noticed the girl – someone who either lived in the modern, sprawling complex north of Atlanta or had regular access to the apartments – may be her killer. Rivera was abducted near a playground at the complex, taken to a vacant apartment, and sexually assaulted before she was stabbed and beaten to death and her body placed in a trash bin, authorities said Tuesday.

"This was a very calculated and planned crime," Georgia Bureau of Investigation Director Vernon Keenan said.
why was publicizing this "criminal profile" necessary? are we now armchair detectives or something?

Keenan on Tuesday released autopsy results and new details in the killing of Rivera of Canton, who was last seen Friday evening. The autopsy showed the girl died of blunt force trauma 60 to 90 minutes after she disappeared, though police did not give a time of death.
she died 60-90 minutes after she disappeared. this was newsworthy..... how?

He said evidence collected from the child's body and the vacant apartment are being tested. Investigators hope to have preliminary DNA results later Tuesday.
oh great - now that means sicko will be more careful from now on to cover up his trace.

Keenan said investigators have received numerous tips from the public and said valuable evidence has come from apartment complex residents.
oh great - now the sicko will know who to harm next time.

I believe reporters should be charged with aiding and abetting this sicko by providing information.

why was publicizing this "criminal profile" necessary? are we now armchair detectives or something?

oh great - now that means sicko will be more careful from now on to cover up his trace.

I believe reporters should be charged with aiding and abetting this sicko by providing information.

If reporters are guilty, then why are the investigators sharing the information with them?

People want sordid details, and the press obliges. Disgusting.

Keenan on Tuesday released autopsy results and new details in the killing of Rivera of Canton, who was last seen Friday evening. The autopsy showed the girl died of blunt force trauma 60 to 90 minutes after she disappeared, though police did not give a time of death.

The autopsy shows 60-90 min, but could not give a time of death. Ummmm.. something isn't right.....

People want sordid details, and the press obliges. Disgusting.

Yeah, it's disturbing. It's one thing to hear about those details about someone you don't know and quite another when it's someone you know or knew years ago.

The details in the Eric Payne case and one of the murder victims in Richmond VA made me feel sick to my stomach because I had known that victim years ago and the details were brutal and worse yet, it was my best friend from mainstream who discovered the body. That victim was her mother.

What a sad, sad situation. Interesting that the other children have been removed from the home due to concern about supervision. I wonder if the children were younger or older.

Also interesting that they have interviewed sex offenders in the area and stated that they have no reason to suspect them. Of course, DNA will be helpful in either clearing them or proving guilt, one of the two. If they are registered sex offenders, their DNA will be on file.

I think we are going to see some developments in this case that are going to be different from everyone suspects.

I noticed the removal of the younger children as well. I don't know if that is common procedure to do, or if there was a legitimate concern. I do know that the younger children will more than likely be traumatized even further if not allowed to be with their mother.

Yeah, it's disturbing. It's one thing to hear about those details about someone you don't know and quite another when it's someone you know or knew years ago.

The details in the Eric Payne case and one of the murder victims in Richmond VA made me feel sick to my stomach because I had known that victim years ago and the details were brutal and worse yet, it was my best friend from mainstream who discovered the body. That victim was her mother.

It's like people slowing down to gawk at a bad car accident.

Back