7 Foods a Nutritionist Would Never Eat

That's interesting...I've had grits when I was in the South. Tried them once for the novelty and they were just too full of stuff I'd prefer to avoid. I think it was actually at a KCF Buffet that I first tried them. I didn't eat much at that place. Was In Kentucky. My hubby was overjoyed with the KFC Buffet:lol:
You can get less refined/organic grits and use olive oil instead of butter but I haven't done that in quite a while.

Most of the stuff on the list I either don't like or don't eat anyway because I know the issues with eating it. Two things I really like are the nuts on there - almonds - and the oatmeal. But I buy whole grain oats and don't use refined sugar with them.
With a lot of foods, it's also how you put it together.

I have never even heard of Sietan before, and why do they feel the need to warn you away from shark?? How many people actually eat shark???

I tried swordfish once, that was sooo awesome.

Pretty much all set with everything on that list anyway. BUT I will never give up my coffee with sugar and creamer, I don't drink tea real often, but I do love green tea, yes sweetened. Those are my 2 guilty pleasures, everybody should have at least one or life is just blah. haha

The only I eat on the list is rice cakes as I thought they safe to eat . I have a package that has not been open yet and I can't return it .

I've eaten Seitan. I like it but eat it once in a very great while. I can see there could be an issue with it, especially with the amount of GMO wheat.

shark is an issue because it is so high on the food chain, that the toxins are built up in their body from the amount of other fish they've consumed, as they are an apex predator. Swordfish is the same problem.I wouldn't eat either of them. I've been to seafood restaurants with my folks as we all like fish, and have seen people ordering shark. If I eat fish, it's either sardines, wild salmon, tilapia, farmed trout bought at the health food store co-op from local source; sometimes specific tuna again from the health food co-op. I think also many species of shark are endangered. The Marine Stewardship Council and Monteray Bay Aquarium have wallet-size sustainable fishing cards that discuss this kind of thing.

I also love green tea and do drink coffee, but don't add refined sugar to either. I don't use refined sugar at all.

I've eaten Seitan. I like it but eat it once in a very great while. I can see there could be an issue with it, especially with the amount of GMO wheat.

shark is an issue because it is so high on the food chain, that the toxins are built up in their body from the amount of other fish they've consumed, as they are an apex predator. Swordfish is the same problem.I wouldn't eat either of them. I've been to seafood restaurants with my folks as we all like fish, and have seen people ordering shark. If I eat fish, it's either sardines, wild salmon, tilapia, farmed trout bought at the health food store co-op from local source; sometimes specific tuna again from the health food co-op. I think also many species of shark are endangered. The Marine Stewardship Council and Monteray Bay Aquarium have wallet-size sustainable fishing cards that discuss this kind of thing.

I also love green tea and do drink coffee, but don't add refined sugar to either. I don't use refined sugar at all.
Oh I can see why shark would be a problem. Personally I would never eat anything liver. A liver is basically a big filter to clean toxins and whatnot out of blood. Who would want to eat a filter??

My point was, is shark a regular part of someone's diet? The cost alone....it seems more like one of those rare in occasion things to eat. Not enough to make some kind of tremendous impact on your health.

I do do refined sugar, but I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so not much, mostly just in my coffee. But I don't have to watch my weight, I'm just not THAT into being a foodie. I eat healthy, but I'm not over the top strict about it. Certainly not worried about my eating habits killing me, they're just not that bad, and lets face it, I'll still be dying anyway eventually. ;)

they dont eat shark at all, just the sharks' fins and there is zero nutrianal value...sharks are endangered species and in asia shark soup is 'popular' but expensive and its stupid, when sharks gets killed theonly thing they cut and keep its the fins (top one) and dump the rest of body onto the seabed...disgusting

Wirelessly posted

Those are good tips! I never did like rice cakes.

I love grits, they are delicious. They are used as southern polenta. Seitan is wonderful, you really would not eat this every day though. All the rest - eww. Poor shark, and rice cakes - no thank you.
A nice sauce chock full of vegetables, herbs and spices over a thin bed of grits or even using a southern recipe of shrimp and grits is just wonderful if you eat meats.

I love grits, they are delicious. They are used as southern polenta. Seitan is wonderful, you really would not eat this every day though. All the rest - eww. Poor shark, and rice cakes - no thank you.
A nice sauce chock full of vegetables, herbs and spices over a thin bed of grits or even using a southern recipe of shrimp and grits is just wonderful if you eat meats.

I love stone ground grits as they have real corny taste. When it comes to insta grits like Quakers, I'm like meh.

Back