$500,000 offered to buy AllDeaf.com

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
This past week I had a meeting with some people from this relay company which I will not disclose at the moment. The purpose of the meeting was to talk about AllDeaf.com and how much they like it and want to buy it for. They wanted to offer $500,000 for the site, and I told them that I would have to think about it and get back to them. I also told them that I would probably be posting about this on AllDeaf, and they seemed ok with it as long as their names and relay company they work for weren't revealed.

I thought I'd let you guys know. The relay company is reputable and they seemed serious about buying AllDeaf for $500,000. Right now I don't know where I'm standing at. The offer for $500,000 sounds too good to pass and I know I can always try and raise it up more. But, then again, when I created AllDeaf, I was never into making money off from it, but to make available a place on the Internet for all deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing people to come together and talk about our beautiful culture.

Signing off for now...

Interesting, Relay? I hardly see what their motivation to keep this site running! One possible is domain name! Maybe they aren't interested in forum itself, but more of domain name itself.

It's quite an offer.

The only question I have is.. Would alldeaf.com change if it changes hands?

Good money :hmm: but I don't think they could handle alldeaf good ! Alex, you can enjoy money ,of course.. but without you, this forum wouldn't be the same way as it is now.

Interesting, Relay? I hardly see what their motivation to keep this site running! One possible is domain name! Maybe they aren't interested in forum itself, but more of domain name itself.

Good point :gpost: alldeaf.com sounds pretty attractive :)

wow impressive, but in all sense u said it urself u wanted to have the communtiy to have a connection, and thus money wasn't a factor for this, its ur baby, and if you want to do this kudos to you, main thing is, dont let politics or any swaying cloud your judgement, alldeaf is a heart of the community's needs. again alex go with ur heart and mind.

we'll support ur decision if u should do this. and if u do, will u still be the adminstrator?

take it easy

I don't think it was good idea...

Alex, Are you still admin after AD bought by reply center? If not then we cannot live without you.

I don't know about RR, Jolie and Vampy.

Nice offer, if they pay u and AD.com will be no longer as forum discussion or what??

I kind of suspected this was going to happen someday.

Like diehardbiker said, the company probably wants the domain name, not the bulletin-board. The AllDeaf domain name is a premiere name (think Google.com, Microsoft.com, Apple.com, USAToday.com, CNN.com, etc, etc of the deaf community).

Relay/video services for the deaf in the near future could become a thing in the past as technology for the deaf gets better everyday. If this should happen, it would be so sad to see AllDeaf going under.

Alex, I would advise you to seek professional advice from experts, attorneys and similar.

Whichever you decide what to do, we will be on your side, Alex.

Like diehardbiker said, the company probably wants the domain name, not the bulletin-board. The AllDeaf domain name is a premiere name (think Google.com, Microsoft.com, Apple.com, USAToday.com, CNN.com, etc, etc of the deaf community).

Relay/video services for the deaf in the near future could become a thing in the past as technology for the deaf gets better everyday. If this should happen, it would be so sad to see AllDeaf going under.

Alex, I would advise you to seek professional advice from experts, attorneys and similar.

i agree with brian here.. seek advice from business professional..

also i suggust.. seek advice from tax professionals too as well.
to find out the conquence of paying taxes on that amount.

I agreed with Brian, DeafScuba and Diehardbiker.

I have a feeling that it's sort of not right to sell this, but it's up to you Alex. I'm stepping back since it's your choose.

Somehow, "AllDeaf" deserves a bit more than $500,000, especially for the domain name itself.

I'd say go for it, Alex. 500K plus expenses to close the deal and cash up front. Seek advice for the terms and conditions. After you get settled in Manhattan and have gone around the world, submit a 15 page report to us. Lol!

IS it going to a Deaf person(s) owing this site?? cause if it's hearing then they just want the name!!!! I would say the same thing what Brian said to seek professional help cause this has been a great site to go into...

Not saying this to be wrong, but money isn't everything, it's your passion that you strives that makes this site awesome... would you regret it if you gave up your passion for the money not the heart of it?? think about it...

totally agreed with you on about getting professional advice from experts... smile..

I agree with Brian totally.

Yes I would advise you to check with professional Expert or lawyer for their advice on this.

If you agrees to take someone´s offer then remove my pictures here please...

Would you remain as forum site with different names if you agrees to sell your site to someone for $500,000?

I agree with Brian totally.

Yes I would advise you to check with professional Expert or lawyer for their advice on this.

If you agrees to take someone´s offer then remove my pictures here please...

Would you remain as forum site with different names if you agrees to sell your site to someone for $500,000?

Wouldn't it be weird that we just getting to know a few people on this site, and poof gone!!! sadly... Yeah I would want my profile out as well..

Back