5 Banking Services That Will Be Obsolete in 10 Year

I think a lot of apartments in WA operate this way... with a convenience fee. But seriously I think businesses need to drop this excuse for an additional charge unless there's a ridiculous amount of labor involved... like pizza for instance.

Charging for delivery should be outlawed.

Say you purchase $25 worth of food.

Most places charge about $3.50 average for a delivery fee which does not go to the driver
Yet it is still customary to tip your driver anyway, since afterall, the company does not pay for their gas and they are using their personal vehicles.

So let's say that you're courteous and tip the driver $3.

You just spent almost $7 on stuff you didn't even really "buy".

Business can be greedy.

Dont think itll be gone in 10 years. There are too many reasons to visit the banks. There is actually a trend that businesses are encouraging cash transcations and people avoiding online payment or credit card payment due to bad ID thefts out there Or wanting to be off radar so theyre not tracked. People want to visit their bank instead of paying 3-5 fee from atm machines.

I rarely use my branch but when I do I usually go in to deposit alot coins or get loans

I think a lot of apartments in WA operate this way... with a convenience fee. But seriously I think businesses need to drop this excuse for an additional charge unless there's a ridiculous amount of labor involved... like pizza for instance.

Charging for delivery should be outlawed.

Say you purchase $25 worth of food.

Most places charge about $3.50 average for a delivery fee which does not go to the driver
Yet it is still customary to tip your driver anyway, since afterall, the company does not pay for their gas and they are using their personal vehicles.

So let's say that you're courteous and tip the driver $3.

You just spent almost $7 on stuff you didn't even really "buy".

Business can be greedy.

Our tipping system confuses tourists. Agreed About Business are greedy. It needs to be changed.

First world problem :laugh2:

I had another thought, checks won't go away because those old ladies at grocery stores need a reason to hold up the checkout line.
LOL

That's true!

I still see them everywhere.

The others day, there was one at the Dollar Tree!

The author of the article could be biased. Often, our opinions are based on what we see ourselves. If you never go to the bank, how do you know the bank isn't used often?

Ever notice how suddenly everyone has the same car as you do... after you start driving your car? For instance, your friend drives a Saturn SL2. You don't see a lot of that car anywhere. You buy a Saturn SL2 and after a bit of driving, you notice everyone has the same car as you.

LOL

That's true!

I still see them everywhere.

The others day, there was one at the Dollar Tree!

I had a lot of little old ladies and men for clients that lived alone and the only company they had were their health aides or Meals on Wheel person.
The ladies could be very lonely and not have anyone to talk to .

Back