4AM....zzzzzzz...car alarm goes off?

rockin'robin

Reaction score
2 of my neighbors came over today...saying my car alarm went off at 4AM...for 15-30 minutes...of course I was sleeping and heard "zero".

Not sure if someone tried to burglarize my car or if it was a loud noise. such as thunder....Guessing too, it awoke the neighborhood....:giggle:...I was embarrassed :roll:

And no one knew how to alert me, as I'm all locked in and sleeping and of course, stone deaf.

Feel sure this has happened to other deafies....what's the solution here?....Had thought of getting the alarm disabled...don't think that's a good idea tho'.

Any suggestions or solutions?

I had a neighbor coming to me saying my car alarm going off for no reason. Turns out that the alarm has a short on the hood sensor. In a different car, a short in the module by leaking window seal into quarter panel.

You might want to get that look at. :)

2 of my neighbors came over today...saying my car alarm went off at 4AM...for 15-30 minutes...of course I was sleeping and heard "zero".

Not sure if someone tried to burglarize my car or if it was a loud noise. such as thunder....Guessing too, it awoke the neighborhood....:giggle:...I was embarrassed :roll:

And no one knew how to alert me, as I'm all locked in and sleeping and of course, stone deaf.

Feel sure this has happened to other deafies....what's the solution here?....Had thought of getting the alarm disabled...don't think that's a good idea tho'.

Any suggestions or solutions?

if they lock your community up 6pm how would it be a problem....I bet you were popular alarm going off lol

if they lock your community up 6pm how would it be a problem....I bet you were popular alarm going off lol

:giggle:...doubt it Caz....just bet they were wishing they were the one that was a deafie....sort of feel sorry for hearies sometimes....trying to sleep with all the noise that goes on. And having a deaf neighbor that is fast asleep....zzzzzzz....while they are cussing about being woken up at 4am and having to go to work at 8am....

yep you been well popular...I slept through the 1987 hurricane we had in Britain not hear a thing..husband fretting all night as to wake me up..woke up next morning with my dusbins in hallway one terrified son and pi66ed off husband

yep you been well popular...I slept through the 1987 hurricane we had in Britain not hear a thing..husband fretting all night as to wake me up..woke up next morning with my dusbins in hallway one terrified son and pi66ed off husband

:laugh2:...unbelievable!....:laugh2:...read about a deaf couple that slept thru a tornado...when they woke up the next morning, the roof was gone from their house and they were being rained on.....:laugh2:

We had a real bad T storm around 5AM and it woke up my neighbors , they asked me if I heard it , I didn't . But when I woke I found Finlay wrapped around my heard ! He some how was able to climb over my heard while I was sleeping and get as close as he could to me, I was wearing my dog for a hat when I woke up! The storm much frighten Finlay to death and I had to been dead to the world for him to been able to get himself around my head ! :laugh2:

If I remember right you drive a Crown Victoria or a Grand Marquis? A Ford I used to own used to have the micro chipped key and wouldn't start without it. A couple others would disable the engine without the remote to unlock it so it wouldn't start either. Depending on what you have the sensitivity might be able to be adjusted to make it harder to set off. If it has the micro chip key you could unhook the speaker to the alarm system (unless it uses the horn then wouldn't do that.) Just make sure nothing is in plain view inside the car to make a thief want to break in.

The thing is when someone calls or knocks on the door when we're asleep there wasting their time. The owner of an apartment building I used to live in years ago decided to do a random surprise inspections of certain apartments and mine was included but I was in bed asleep so they decided to use their key to come in anyways but the security chain was on the door so they knew someone was there and thought something was wrong so they cut it off. They tried talking to wake me up then yelled at me and had half a dozen people in there cause they thought I was dead till the owner shook my arm. I woke up and told him I was deaf and he started signing. From that day on I've slept with shorts on :laugh2:

If I remember right you drive a Crown Victoria or a Grand Marquis? A Ford I used to own used to have the micro chipped key and wouldn't start without it. A couple others would disable the engine without the remote to unlock it so it wouldn't start either. Depending on what you have the sensitivity might be able to be adjusted to make it harder to set off. If it has the micro chip key you could unhook the speaker to the alarm system (unless it uses the horn then wouldn't do that.) Just make sure nothing is in plain view inside the car to make a thief want to break in.

The thing is when someone calls or knocks on the door when we're asleep there wasting their time. The owner of an apartment building I used to live in years ago decided to do a random surprise inspections of certain apartments and mine was included but I was in bed asleep so they decided to use their key to come in anyways but the security chain was on the door so they knew someone was there and thought something was wrong so they cut it off. They tried talking to wake me up then yelled at me and had half a dozen people in there cause they thought I was dead till the owner shook my arm. I woke up and told him I was deaf and he started signing. From that day on I've slept with shorts on :laugh2:

:laugh2:...Cracking up here!....:laugh2:

So many embarrassing incidents have happened to me too, due to my deafness....

Anyhow, a good friend make a suggestion, which I think is good....(Calvin's was good too)...I drive a Lincoln Cont., ...and he suggested to me that actually, car alarms are more of a nuisance....and as long as you keep your Insurance current, then disable the alarm....:hmm:...Then again, if your car actually gets stolen you have to go through so many hoops with the Insurance Company....Seems the alarm on my car is very sensitive...We've had a lot of loud thunderstorms in my city recently....:hmm:

Then again, it's not the 1st time the alarm has gone off (during the day)...For no reason (it seems), and I was home, so I was able to turn it off quickly....and of course looking around to see if a burglar was hiding in the bushes...

What I've decided to do is to take it to my mechanic and let him take a look at it...and explain the situation...and take his advise. I always keep my car locked up...but know my type of car is popular with car thieves....has all the bells & whistles...a CD player in the trunk that I don't use, but my boys used it all the time...(I'm guessing that's what it's called)....otherwise, keep nothing in the car that no one would want to take the risk of breaking in to steal....

Was up and down 2 nights straight looking out the window...losing sleep over it...so come Monday, I'll decide what to do.

LOL!!!!! reminds me of my mom's old car (when she tried to start the car, guess what? the car alarm went off and I was all "WTF is this??" in a :mad: tone) *yes, little kids tend to be cranky enough*

I pretty much guessed my dad wasn't even putting up with the crap either!

I don't know anything about the product. Just came up on a google search so no endorsment just thought it might be something to look at.

I don't know anything about the product. Just came up on a google search so no endorsment just thought it might be something to look at.

I think it's neat! and maybe it could be hooked up to mine and my dad's smartphones since my mom has a "dumbphone"

My mechanic said the alarm seems fine....it hasn't gone off again since...so I'm thinking it was the very loud thunder that night as we were having a bad thunderstorm and rain....OR...somebody tried to open the door of my car but found it locked and the alarm went off.....

Not gonna disable the alarm....car alarms go off everywhere during the early morning hours (car thieves)...so as long as you keep ur car locked. feel it will be OK...and the alarm is gonna scare them off.

Back