B

BostonIceFire

Hey..

It's easy to do a spinaround 360 with your car on ice but it is easy to do it on dry ground? How ya do it?

-On dry surface
its easier if you have at least 200 hp manual car with rear wheel drive.

just turn the steering all the way to right or left then drop the clutch.

-on icy surface
go around 30 mph then give the car sharp turn while you engages the emergency brake.

It's also possible with FWD cars, with a automatic tranny too.

You've got to get plenty of speed (50+ MPH is my guess) and plenty of room, since you're doing 50 mph. I prefer left turns so... just turn the wheel as fast as you can all the way over, and when you can *feel* the turn, pull the handbrake ALL the way up, this will lock up the rear tires and send you into a crazy oversteer, this SHOULD complete a 360* if you release the handbrake after you've hit a 180* but before you get to a 240* the tires should (unless you have ultra sticky tires) continue to slide looking for traction and will find it nearing the 360* mark. . .

Keep your foot *slightly* on the gas, to prevent the wheels from rolling backwards, which will just kill the engine, and you'll be slowing down the rotating mass of the rear of the car, which will cause the back tires to gain traction faster, thus causing you to only pull a 180* instead.

My suggestion however, is to practice with the handbrake on a gravel road, with a field on both sides (you WILL go off the road)

You can actually drift the car with enough practice, meaning you can drive while the car is going sideways :)

I've done it before. It's easier to do it on icy or snowy roads. First, give yourself enough speed. Then, pull the emergency brakes. Your car will begin to spin. Just make sure you don't touch the regular brakes or the gas pedals.

Originally posted by VamPyroX
I've done it before. It's easier to do it on icy or snowy roads. First, give yourself enough speed. Then, pull the emergency brakes. Your car will begin to spin. Just make sure you don't touch the regular brakes or the gas pedals.

Once you made your 360, what's next? Step on the brakes to stop? or what?

Originally posted by BostonIceFire
Once you made your 360, what's next? Step on the brakes to stop? or what?
Depends...

Usually, it will stop on its own. Once you skid, you can't stop. If you were driving and you started skidding, then you would have to drive without the gas or brake... and steer the direction you want to go. In this case, you aren't doing that. Basically, it depends on how fast you are going when you make the skid.

I used to skid my first oldmobile car. :roll: I live in Wyoming and there were a lot of ice and snow all over the roads where I lived. I don't hit the brake nor the gas pedal when my car started to skid. Heh. It's fun sometimes, depending on where you are. :thumb:

I have never skid on dry ground before, but on dirt roads, yes, I did. Oops. Heh.

yea i did when i was on icy roads. too much fun !

when i was kid and i had '82 vw rabbit. i was pretty michevious on that cool car. speeding about 30 mph, i pulled a parking brake immedicately (not touching brake pedal) and rear wheels skidded as i turned to left. as my car slid, i shifted to reverse and spun it backward as i turned to left. then i shifted to 1st gear and spun the wheels as my car rolled out of way. there were a lot of smokes.

fun fun fun

did someone have 'cars hide and seeks' game ? it was hmm the most excited and fking scared to death ever i played. a lot of high speed chasings. barely crashings. and some of my friends cars engines blew up. oh boy... thanks to bring that memory to me ! :) *beware: too risky for yall in that game*

[edit: not right, just left :duh:]

Last edited:
I did it recently in rainy weather a couple weeks ago. Boy, it was fun! Heh!

No worries for flip overs?

My camero almost did that when I did a 360 too hard.

Back