2nd CI surgery on Jan 12th!!

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
The surgery on my left ear will be starting around 7 am since I have to there at 6 am. I am so excited and nervous! I had my first CI on my right ear on August 2006. :) I have the Nucleus Freedom on the right ear and now I am going to have Nucleus 5 on the left ear! :) Wish me luck..send alot of prayers and thoughts your way!:wave:

Good luck with the Surgery and going bilateral.

Happy New EAR!!!!!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.1; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Good luck! :)

Good luck. I'm sure it'll be even easier the second time around. Be sure to let us know when you're up and around.

Ron

The surgery on my left ear will be starting around 7 am since I have to there at 6 am. I am so excited and nervous! I had my first CI on my right ear on August 2006. :) I have the Nucleus Freedom on the right ear and now I am going to have Nucleus 5 on the left ear! :) Wish me luck..send alot of prayers and thoughts your way!:wave:

Just a thought...have you talked about using the back up of your n5 as your primary for the other ear? That way, you can use the remote for both processors. That is what my audi suggested for my upcoming second implant. I too have the nucleus freedom as my first processor. Your nfreedom's will then become your backups..

Yes I have and it is all set up! I am so excited!:ty:

Just a thought...have you talked about using the back up of your n5 as your primary for the other ear? That way, you can use the remote for both processors. That is what my audi suggested for my upcoming second implant. I too have the nucleus freedom as my first processor. Your nfreedom's will then become your backups..

I am going in for my Pre-Op appointment on this Thursday at 8:45 am. Hope everything goes well. I will be sure to post all of the experiences soon! :)

CI surgery is at 7:30 a.m. on Jan 12th! I have to be there at 6 am in the morning! I am excited but nervous at the same time!

Back