23 Words that mean something totally different in Florida

I drink that brand of coffee listed in #2 thanks to my Puerto Rican roommate for introducing me to Spanish and Cuban coffee. I cant drink American coffee anymore. :)

My brother and his wife are planning on moving to Florida this summer (if they get jobs) so that means I will learn all of those things about Florida. I have only been there ONCE and it was just to play in a softball tournament. I would love to explore Florida.

Stupid humidity.... definitely muggy.... What area are they planning to move to? :P Definitely a large Deaf community down here in the Tampa Bay area. :P Jobs aren't too bad to find and the cost of living isn't too bad, either. :P

Wirelessly posted

Grew up in Florida. I love it. I have lived in different area of Florida. I can not imagine living outside of Florida.

We have a mountain in our city too , it's the landfill and I call it
Mt. Crapmore .

Somehow, all that new knowledge didn't make me want to visit Florida more.

I drink that brand of coffee listed in #2 thanks to my Puerto Rican roommate for introducing me to Spanish and Cuban coffee. I cant drink American coffee anymore. :)

I grew up drinking that stuff, but now i havent drink because i am not around with cuban peeps. :( My next door, they made it mixed with lot of milk and sugar. YUMMY! good coffee drinks wow i didnt realize i drank that stuff when i was 5 and except cuban coffees for a while continues to present. :shock: I need to visit cuban family!

I seen that Coffee brand here sometimes. Some neighborhoods in my area have much higher Latino population; some stores also now have quite a selection of "ethnic" or "Mexican" products or rows....often Jewish, Latino, Asian/Thai and Italian ends up all being grouped under "ethnic".

I seen that Coffee brand here sometimes. Some neighborhoods in my area have much higher Latino population; some stores also now have quite a selection of "ethnic" or "Mexican" products or rows....often Jewish, Latino, Asian/Thai and Italian ends up all being grouped under "ethnic".

I never had sweet potato pie until I had a Black b/f and I was hooked after one bite. I was very excited when Market Basket started selling sweet potato pies , but it did not last long as was an "ethnic" food and people here do not like to try a new food. Market Basket use to have a section for "ethnic" food , now they just put it with the other foods so you have to hunt for it.

:wave:I like sweet potato pie too. I saw "health food store" version of it a few times at my co-op.

I love tamales and a different health food store in my area had a demo/sampling of local, authentic/handmade and vegan <!> tamales recently. The vegan ones were really popular at the demo and I went to buy some but there weren't any left:( The demo person's boss hadn't given her enough of the vegan styles of tamale to bring for the store to sell.

Sometimes people are scared to try new things. I like to learn about various cultures and people.

I don't think I'd want to always hunt down these unique or more"hard-to-find" things all the time, but am not sure about having an isle labeled "ethnic" either.

I grew up drinking that stuff, but now i havent drink because i am not around with cuban peeps. :( My next door, they made it mixed with lot of milk and sugar. YUMMY! good coffee drinks wow i didnt realize i drank that stuff when i was 5 and except cuban coffees for a while continues to present. :shock: I need to visit cuban family!

My dad use to travel to Cuba , mom and dad went there for their honeymoon. Dad meet Ernest Hemingway there and they became friends .
You made miss my dad , he was always singing songs he learn while living in Cuba. I have my dad's maraca he got on in Cuba in the 40's . I do not dare to use them.

:lol: About half of those can apply to South Carolina, too.

We enjoyed our years in Florida (Pensacola and Key West). :)

Back