naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
This year is pretty bad. Looks like we have:

2012: Eastman Kodak - Camera
2012: Hostess - Foods: Twinkies, Ding Dongs, Ho-Ho's
2012: Houghton Mifflin - Books
2012: Saab - Automobile

I remember in 2011 we had Borders and Dodgers as major ones. And Blockbuster from 2010.

Credit downgrade for first time in U.S. History too. The month of May, 2012 the amount of the deficit doubled :shock:

world.gif
crazy2.gif

eh. wouldn't care much. same ole' business.

It really depends on many things. Books are less popular now thanks to e-readers and online subscriptions, as are VHS movies. It doesn't make sense to keep making products people won't buy.

As for Twinkies.... well, nice to see them go :P *gag*

If a business can't adjust, it's bound to fall. There's no reason for a book company not to switch to new products. Too many entrepreneurs are on a single track and are determined to stick with the same product or service no matter what. A company that can make changes is a healthy company. Also, if a company is not willing to retrain its employees for new products/services, it's going to fall. When a business closes, the employees are left to figure out how to upgrade their skill sets on their own, usually at their expense.

I remember in 2011 we had Borders and Dodgers as major ones. And Blockbuster from 2010.

Hostess is the one that surprises me. Are their sales of junk food flatlining or something?

The scary part is Obame wants to follow the European style model that doomed them. At least some in Europe have learned and are trying to change course.

Our government system is no European style, just other fear.

Look at how Dodgers are turning it around now. I'm sure a lot of fans were happy to see Dodgers go bankrupt as it got Frank McCourt out of door. Now they're in hand of ownership that cares about the product and wants to improve upon it.

I'm no Dodger fan, but I admire the turnaround in 2012 as compared to 2011.

Yea, but look at the new sometimes cheaper things we have:
Camera phones and digital cameras that don't need developing.
Healthy food that doesn't make us fat
Digital books we can download to our phone which cost less
Cars that can park themselves

The future is not for the weak or lazy...

Our government system is no European style, just other fear.

Foxrac, you misunderstood TXGolfer. He is not saying the U.S. government is European style, just that Obama wants to follow this style. And TXGolfer is correct.

I have an old Kodak Easyshare camera for a while. However, it drains the life out of batteries in a day if you use it all day. I love their Kodak printer papers. They're so great.

I received an email from Kodak Gallery a day ago that they plan to close down Kodak Gallery and move KG customers' photos to Shutterfly. I never use Kodak Gallery.

Time for me to buy Canon or Nikon camera.

My Swede friend is kinda sad to see Saab go. He kept talking about it for a while.

Back