2011 taxes

April 15th.

Please don't make it any worse than it is! :giggle:

Right..I usually start filing it early Feb. So, I'm done with taxes!

How many of you already finish doing the taxes?

Right..I usually start filing it early Feb. So, I'm done with taxes!

How many of you already finish doing the taxes?
We don't send our taxes in until last minute because we don't want to send in our money even a day too soon.

We don't send our taxes in until last minute because we don't want to send in our money even a day too soon.

lol, I hate to pay taxes. :ugh:

However, I do have part-time job and there isn't much taxes that took out of payroll.

They can be filed on separate dates?

Federal and state do NOT have to be filed same day.

April 15th.

Please don't make it any worse than it is! :giggle:

right back at you- its 18th this year, not 15th.

Your 2011 federal tax due date is Monday, April 18 this year instead of the usual April 15 due date. April 15 is on a Friday.

Emancipation Day falls on April 15 this year and will be a holiday celebrated in Washington, DC, which means IRS offices will be closed.

NYS is also following april 18th. you need to check your state due dates.

Ohhhhh, the 18th this year...ok, well, doesn't matter to me as I did ours last week or so....

Federal and state do NOT have to be filed same day.

right back at you- its 18th this year, not 15th...
This year, yes. But the standard date is April 15. It's adjusted annually for holidays and weekends.

Your 2011 federal tax due date is Monday, April 18 this year instead of the usual April 15 due date. April 15 is on a Friday....
You mean 2010 taxes, right?

This year, yes. But the standard date is April 15. It's adjusted annually for holidays and weekends.

You mean 2010 taxes, right?

I know reba. hence the title of this thread. 2011 taxes. filing FOR 2010 taxes and preparing to fix new tax breaks, credits, etc for 2012 DURING 2011. :cool2:

I know reba. hence the title of this thread. 2011 taxes. filing FOR 2010 taxes and preparing to fix new tax breaks, credits, etc for 2012 DURING 2011. :cool2:
Yep.

Things got a little jumbled because some people started posting about this year's filing.

It is good to be informed about which breaks can be taken advantage of this year to be applied to next year's filings. We can use all the breaks possible. :ty:

...For those who are working, you SHOULD be seeing a 2% decrease of SS taxes on your paycheck this year. Have you guys confirmed this?
Hubby just got his annual statement for his Navy retirement pension. He was informed that his withholding will increase by $20 per month.

Hubby just got his annual statement for his Navy retirement pension. He was informed that his withholding will increase by $20 per month.

interesting. wonder if it because of navy retirement? is the increase for SS or other deductions?

interesting. wonder if it because of navy retirement? is the increase for SS or other deductions?
On his Retiree Account Statement, the deduction is label FITW.

On the letter that came with the statement it said:

"Military retired and annuity pay will be affected by recent changes to the tax law, tax tables and the expiration of other legislation. This means that there will be a change in Federal Income Tax withholding which will affect your net pay.

"The amount of the change will depend on several factors, including your income level and W-4 elections. Most retirees and annuitants will see a decrease in their net pay, while a smaller number may see an increase."

In his case, it was a $20 increase in withholding, meaning less net pay.

Tax is my worst enemy, because last year I filed out the tax form and got NO refund because they said someone use my SSN and my name as their dependant, and I realized that I am victim of identity theft. The IRS told me to make report to local Police Dept, and three credit reports, and they found nothing such as no one use my SSN, and I am not victim of identity theft. I do really want to know who use my SSN and claim me as dependant, IRS won't tell me anything about who, when someone identity theft me. I am stuck in the middle. Any ideas to solve this problem?

Tax is my worst enemy, because last year I filed out the tax form and got NO refund because they said someone use my SSN and my name as their dependant, and I realized that I am victim of identity theft. The IRS told me to make report to local Police Dept, and three credit reports, and they found nothing such as no one use my SSN, and I am not victim of identity theft. I do really want to know who use my SSN and claim me as dependant, IRS won't tell me anything about who, when someone identity theft me. I am stuck in the middle. Any ideas to solve this problem?

What you need to in few ways below:

•File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission

•File an online complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center

•Check your Social Security records and your annual Social Security Statement to ensure we are calculating your income correctly

•Monitor your credit reports

With your credit report companies, apply for ID theif protection, it can be free for 2 or 3 months for them to monitor any new change on your SSN.

That is the only thing that I can think of....

What you need to in few ways below:

•File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission

•File an online complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center

•Check your Social Security records and your annual Social Security Statement to ensure we are calculating your income correctly

•Monitor your credit reports

With your credit report companies, apply for ID theif protection, it can be free for 2 or 3 months for them to monitor any new change on your SSN.

That is the only thing that I can think of....

Thanks. I'll do those and see from there.

Thanks. I'll do those and see from there.

NP. I been through this but not about taxes, it's about person who stole RIT/NTID laptop with all my account information in it. So, that is how I process it through.

Back