2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Sharky99

Reaction score
OK gophers, here is the 2011 Stanley Cup playoffs.. and the defending Stanley Cup champions Chicago Blackhawks just squeezed in to get the last berth for the Western Conference in order to defend their title but might be in for a hard road... so here are the series and histories (warning the Bos-Mtl Series history is extensive and really amazing how the 2 teams have faced off so much over the years!!)

Eastern Conference
#1 Washington Capitals @ #8 New York Rangers
1985 NYR 3 - Wsh 2 Patrick Division Semifinal
1986 NYR 4 - Wsh 2 Patrick Division Final
1990 Wsh 4 - NYR 0 Patrick Division Final
1991 Wsh 4 - NYR 2 Patrick Division Semifinal
1994 NYR 4 - Wsh 1 Eastern Conference Semifinals
2009 Wsh 4 - NYR 3 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
2011 Wsh - NYR ??? Eastern Conference Quarterfinals

Washington might see if they can brown-beat the Rangers out in 5 or 6 games... :giggle:

#2 Philadelphia Flyers @ #7 Buffalo Sabres
1975 Phil 4 - Buf 2 Stanley Cup Final
1978 Phil 4 - Buf 1 Quarterfinals
1995 Phil 4 - Buf 1 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
1997 Phil 4 - Buf 1 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
1998 Buf 4 - Phil 1 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
2000 Phil 4 - Buf 1 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
2006 Buf 4 - Phil 2 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
2011 Phil - Buf ?? Eastern Conference Quarterfinals

I dare say that Philly and Buffalo will fight it out to the end in 7 series and maybe Buffalo will advance unless Philly has other ideas!!

#3 Boston Bruins @ #6 Montreal Canadiens (longgggg history of meetings!!!)
1929 Bos 3 - Mtl 0 Quarterfinals
1930 Mtl 2 - Bos 0 Stanley Cup Final
1931 Mtl 3 - Bos 2 Quarterfinals
1942 Bos 4 - Mtl 1 Semifinals
1946 Mtl 4 - Bos 1 Stanley Cup Final
1947 Mtl 4 - Bos 1 Semifinals
1952 Mtl 4 - Bos 3 Semifinals
1953 Mtl 4 - Bos 1 Stanley Cup Final
1954 Mtl 4 - Bos 0 Semifinals
1955 Mtl 4 - Bos 1 Semifinals
1957 Mtl 4 - Bos 1 Stanley Cup Final
1958 Mtl 4 - Bos 2 Semifinals
1968 Mtl 4 - Bos 0 Quarterfinals
1969 Mtl 4 - Bos 2 Semifinals
1971 Mtl 4 - Bos 3 Quarterfinals
1977 Mtl 4 - Bos 0 Stanley Cup Finals
1978 Mtl 4 - Bos 2 Stanley Cup Finals
1979 Mtl 4 - Bos 3 Semifinals
1984 Mtl 3 - Bos 0 Adams Division Semifinals
1985 Mtl 3 - Bos 2 Adams Division Semifinals
1986 Mtl 3 - Bos 0 Adams Division Semifinals
1987 Mtl 4 - Bos 0 Adams Division Semifinals
1988 Bos 4 - Mtl 1 Adams Division Finals
1989 Mtl 4 - Bos 1 Adams Division Finals
1990 Bos 4 - Mtl 1 Adams Division Finals
1991 Bos 4 - Mtl 3 Adams Division Finals
1992 Bos 4 - Mtl 0 Adams Division Finals
1994 Bos 4 - Mtl 3 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
2002 Mtl 4 - Bos 2 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
2004 Mtl 4 - Bos 3 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
2008 Mtl 4 - Bos 3 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
2009 Bos 4 - Mtl 0 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
2011 Bos - Mtl ?? Eastern Conference Quarterfinals

Boston and Montreal meet again and I have to wonder if there will be hostilities as a result of a few weeks ago when Zdeno Chara rammed Max P into the boards and he got hurt as a result, later spawning some brickering and angry fightings in the next game?? That ought to be a series worth watching!! I gonna say Montreal in 7 games!!!!

#4 Pittsburgh Penguins @ #5 Tampa Bay Lightning
First playoff meeting for both Pitt and TB.. what will the 2 teams do? a goal blitz or what? hmm I think TB might edge Pitt out in 7 games... :P

Western Conference
#1 Vancouver Canucks @ #8 Chicago Blackhawks
1982 Van 4 - Chi 1 Campbell Conference Final
1995 Chi 4 - Van 0 Western Conference Semifinals
2009 Chi 4 - Van 2 Western Conference Semifinals
2010 Chi 4 - Van 2 Western Conference Semifinals
2011 Van - Chi ??? Western Conference Quarterfinals

Vancouver is hugely favored to win the Stanley Cup this year and would love to get revenge on Chicago for beating them out the last 2 years enroute to the Cup... I think the Canucks might be in something of a cool histry.. get this, the 2 teams that hosted the Olympics one year did win the President's Trophy the next year and also won the Stanley Cup as well.. Montreal hosted in 1976 and won the PT and then the Stanley Cup in 1977... Calgary hosted in 1988 and won the PT and the Stanley Cup in 1989.. Vancouver hosted in 2010 and has won the PT and could the Stanley Cup be in sight?? :cool2: Van will do the sweep but I think it might go 5 or 6...

#2 San Jose Sharks @ #7 Los Angeles Kings
First ever playoff meeting for both SJ and LA.. do LA have it to go deep or will SJ simplly bite some pieces off and move on faster? SJ in 5 games

#3 Detroit Red Wings @ #6 Phoenix Coyotes
1996 Det 4 - Winnipeg 2 Western Conference Quarterfinals
1998 Det 4 - Phx 2 Western Conference Quarterfinals
2010 Det 4 - Phx 3 Western Conference Quarterfinals
2011 Det - Phx ?? Western Conference Quarterfinals
I hope to hell Phoenix finally do it and boot Detroit out, but I wonder how long the Coyotes will be around as there are rumors that the Coyotes could be enroute back to Winnipeg where it all started as the old Winnipeg Jets... one can only hope.. Phoenix in 6 games over Detroit!!

#4 Anaheim Ducks @ #5 Nashville Predators
First ever playoff meeting for Ana and Nsh.. Anaheim might be able to ride Corey Perry's 50 goals season all the way or will Nashville block that and move onto the 2nd round for the first time in franchise history? :hmm: Ana in 5 games

So there ya have it.. the playoff series.. if ya need the dates and times, pm me and I will send ya a MS Office file of the playoff series dates and time and channels I would gladly do it!

Sharky, thanks for you insight and information provided on all the NHL playoff teams. Although the Pens are my NHL favorite team, I will attempt to objectively state my picks. I do like the Caps and Bruins to meet in the East finals, and would like to see San Jose and Anaheim meet up in the West finals. I do have a hard time picking the finals matchup, so I'll be watching closely the next 4 weeks.

I am SOOOO excited my Anaheim Ducks are in the finals!!! We got to win!!!! Quack! Quack! *toss my orange feathers at you* LOL

Doug.. ya are welcome .. but I am thinking a Vancouver-Washington Stanley Cup meeting or so.. will see.. Canucks are favored to grab the Stanley Cup finally..

Ocean.. lol your Ducks gotta get past Nashville first!! LOL...

Doug.. ya are welcome .. but I am thinking a Vancouver-Washington Stanley Cup meeting or so.. will see.. Canucks are favored to grab the Stanley Cup finally..

Ocean.. lol your Ducks gotta get past Nashville first!! LOL...

Us Ducks are looking good so far:nana:

I am a huge Blackhawks fan. I realize that it is very hard to repeat as a Stanley Cup champion. They had their time last year. I do hope they win it again this year, but won't be sad if they don't win it this year.

Oh, shoot, does that mean Toronto Maple Leaf are not going to be in the Stanley Cup Final? Rats! :(

I want the team to win and play in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, but no they are not going to be involve in the Stanley Cup. This team gotta try better next year and I want them to win so that they can try out the Stanley Cup Playoffs. :fingersx:

Bebonang.. I think your Leafs might be a few years away from returning to the Stanley Cup playoffs.. but anything can happen.. just hope to hell the Leafs can fix their problems first then get back into that for the first time since 2004 (last playoff appearance!) and finally get on the chase to win the Stanley Cup for the first time since 1967...

Bebonang.. I think your Leafs might be a few years away from returning to the Stanley Cup playoffs.. but anything can happen.. just hope to hell the Leafs can fix their problems first then get back into that for the first time since 2004 (last playoff appearance!) and finally get on the chase to win the Stanley Cup for the first time since 1967...

:ty: :cool2: :fingersx:

Playoff update:

Eastern Conference

Washington leads NY Rangers 2 games to 1.. I thought Wsh would wipe out NY in 4 straight but the Rangers aint quitting yet.. should be interesting...

Philadelphia leads Buffalo 2 games to 1... ohh the Flyers and Sabres already are driving each other crazy a bit..

Montreal leads Boston 2 games to 1... I was so sure the Habs would move within 1 game of sweeping the Bruins out last night with a win but Boston started faster and confused Montreal good enough.. dang but I think the Habs will bounce back somehow...

Pittsburgh leads Tampa Bay 2 games to 1.. what the hell?? Pitt and TB seems to be ramming each other, with one Pitt player doing the elbow-hitting on someone on the TB team.. wow rough series.. but one thing.. will we see Sid the Kid back before end of this series???

Western Conference

Vancouver leads Chicago 3 games to 0.. knew the Hawks would have a hard time competing with the top dogs once they got into the playoffs barely.. Canucks are on a good roll and might end the series tonite unless Chicago get inspired to win a game to extend their season..

San Jose and Los Angeles are tied 1-1 ... Sharks and Kings surely are something to see.. Will one of them manage to edge out a win tonite?

Detroit leads Phoenix 3 games to 0.. the Coyotes seems to be lifeless and have no answers to the Red Wings and their simple game plans.. I have to be concerned with how the Coyotes are doing to win anything in this series.. I'm afraid Phoenix will have their season end tomorrow and then the NHL will probably make the announcement that they will have the Coyotes move back to Winnipeg (no joke, as we have seen the rumors and discussions of the Coyotes going back to where they originally started out, in Winnipeg) soon after the series is over...

Nashville leads Anaheim 2 games to 1.. looks like the Ducks and Preds are playing each other a bit good but one has to wonder how Anaheim will rebound after that Game 3 loss? hmm..

Coyotes move back to Winnipeg? wtf. Wondering the Coyotes remain same team or change back to the Jets?

Coyotes move back to Winnipeg? wtf. Wondering the Coyotes remain same team or change back to the Jets?

Well the Coyotes used to be the WHA Winnipeg Jets from 1972-79, then as the NHL Winnipeg Jets from 1979-1996... if the Coyotes does move back to Winnipeg, then we will see the name Jets come back for sure.. BUT if another NHL team moves to Winnipeg, cant use the Jets name, can get another name, such as the AHL Manitoba Moose name to promote from there... so.. but it is really something to see the saga of the Coyotes go on for so long for the last few years now.. we do have the MTS Centre which should have been built back in the late 1990s but no the politics and the old Jets owners were at each other and trying to play the blame game.. will see when we will have the NHL back in Winnipeg in the next few days as I do know the Coyotes will play game 4 tonite vs Detroit (might be the last Coyotes game ever unless otherwise) as Detroit has a 3 games to 0 stranglehold and might do the broom sweeping soon..

Next Playoff update:

Eastern Conference

Washington 3 - NY Rangers 1... Wsh might end the series this afternoon unless NY decides to do the spoiling and try to extend the series somehow.. I have my doubts NY will succeed but eh..

Boston 2 - Montreal 2 ... whoever win Game 5 tonite will take control of the series and will have to end the series on Tuesday for Game 6 before Game 7 which is on Wednesday!! I think both Bos and Mtl will have to avoid that somehow....

Buffalo 3 - Philadelphia 2.. ooohh that game last night with Buffalo going up by a score of 3-0 only to have Philly storm back to tie the game and force overtime and then Buffalo burning Philly with that goal.. ouch the Sabres must be grinning good...

Pitt 3 - Tampa Bay 1 ... Pitt can end TB's season with a win this afternoon but it remains to see how the Bolts will react..and the question is, will we ever see Sid the Kid pop up anytime!?!?

Western Conference

Vancouver 3 - Chicago 2... Van won the first 3 games and I thought it was the curtains for Chicago but wow Chi won the last 2 games.. and Van seemed to be flattering a bit more, and I been thinking the Canucks needs to wake up big time or Chi gonna dance good all over them again tomorrow night to force Game 7... ughh... come on Canucks wake up!!!

San Jose 3 - Los Angeles 1 ... Sharks are set on winning tonite and maybe boot the pesky Kings out for sure but I think LA will figure out something to win and get another game and chance as well but will see tonite...

Nashville 3 - Anaheim 2... Predators won last night in overtime after tying up the game in the 3rd period with 33 secs left.. whoa that was a big letdown for Anaheim and I could see some Ducks fans all depressed after the OT goal.. ohh will Nashville finally do it and win their first ever playoff series in franchise history or will Anaheim quack hard and force a Game 7!?!?!?

Detroit 4 - Phoenix 0.. it's official, the Red Wings have swept the Coyotes out of the playoffs and now the move of the Coyotes to Winnipeg might start up more but gotta wait for official announcement soon... terrible to see Phoenix lose hockey but delighted for Winnipeg to regain their beloved Jets (if that happens with the move!)

There ya have it.. more updates to follow later on!

Go Bruins! Good to see them to come back to tie serie up from down 0-2 then now 3 game series for Bruins and Habs.

Red Wings looked great and they can go all the way to The Cup...of course, that NHL playoffs are not great to be betting.

Ah, what good for California that got these three teams into playoffs. NHL Eastern' South Division still been weakest division as usual...yes, Carolina and Tampa Bay won The Cup like I say not great to betting on NHL playoffs.

The flu bug has apparently hit half my team (Canucks) very hard. I'm hopeful that with the 3 days off that they close it up tonight.

GO CANUCKS GO!! :D

Wirelessly posted

deafsmogtech said:
Ducks are heading home after lost the 6th game. No good. :mad:

Its not good. My L.A. Kings will be doing the same if the SJ Sharks win tomorrow. Let it be shark season :laugh2:

Last edited:
Back