2011-12 N.H.L. season...

New Jersey vs Los Angeles

Should be an interesting match-up.

"Brodeur vs Quick" is already expected to shape up to be a rather impressive goaltender's duel.....the veteran and the newcomer.

While not as much of a ratings draw due to the Rangers bowing out, this should be a decent example to showcase the upcoming talent of the NHL- outside of the marketing machine centred around Crosby and Ovechkin.

I wonder how the Devils' relentless forechecking system will fare against the King's methodical defensive corps. On top of that, Brown, Doughty, and Kopitar have been beasts in the transition game so far.

We'll know soon enough!

cant wait for the Stanley Cup Finals to start.. also not sure if I will ever get to see the AHL Calder Cup games on tv.. but will check somewhere in case.. ahh I do hope the LA-NJ series will be the best ever.. should be fun!!

Someone got a feeling that New Jersey will win the Stanley Cup. Just have to wait and see. It is now playing on Game 5 for both of them. Someday, I hope Toronto Maple Leafs will play the Stanley game in the future. :fingersx:

Someone got a feeling that New Jersey will win the Stanley Cup. Just have to wait and see. It is now playing on Game 5 for both of them. Someday, I hope Toronto Maple Leafs will play the Stanley game in the future. :fingersx:

Yeah I certainly hope the Maple Leafs will indeed play for the Stanley Cup.. but we gotta hope their jackass GM Brian Burke wakes up ad get going good.. he ought to look at the Los Angeles Kings and others who have impressed in the playoffs well enough.. if Brian still is being lame-ass ya can expect a long long wait to see the Leafs in the playoffs.. look what happened to Florida Panthers, they were in the playoffs finally after 13 years.. sshheshh..

Now I gonna howling at the TV for the Kings-Devils game.. hehe

Kings are going to win it all. Jersey plays have been sloppy. Kovy has been giving turnovers and bad passes. Jersey relies on Kovy way too much but the only reason Jersey is still in this is because of Brodeur. AWESOME goalie. I mean Quick and Brodeur are both awesome but Brodys style isn't modern but it's consistant.

Wonder what LA and NJ will do for Game 2 tonite.. bet it gonna be like in Game 1 but more stiff playing with no errors allowed lol.. should be fun.. also gonna watch AHL Calder Cup game tonite online (the AHL game is a hour or so earlier than the NHL game) so I hope to be done fast with the AHL game then watch the NHL game for sure..

Hockey gophers.. looks like we will see the Los Angeles Kings to be crowned the Stanley Cup champions soon enough as they now lead 3 games to 0 over the New Jersey Devils tonite.. first time in history a NHL team has started our 3-0 enroute to series win in all 4 rounds!!!!!! LA has done it and will do the impossible on Wednesday.. can the Kings do it or will the Devils roar back?? I am feeling sure the Kings will do everything to end the series for all.. about time the Kings are due for a Cup win as they were denied back in 1993 by the vaulted Montreal Canadiens... I will be howling and dancing on the roof for sure when the Kings does win.. hehe cant believe it.. I do know the Devils have 3 Stanley Cups to their credit but wow unbelievable how NJ has played so far and LA has owned everything good.. ohhhh.. cant wait for Wedneday!!! GO KINGS GO!!!!

The Kings have it in the bag. Jersey has dropped the ball way too many times. Kovy, Parise, Zidlicky, would need to step it up. Broduer can't win a series by himself.

That being said, Kings will win on Wednesday, hands down.

Is tonite the night we will see the Los Angeles Kings, which was a surprise team the entire playoffs, be crowned Stanley Cup Champions?? Or will the New Jersey Devils have something to say about that and try to force a Game 5 on Saturday? I think LA will do everything to avoid going back to the Meadowlands area so they can start the biggest celebration ever.. I would be so damn delighted to see the Kings finally get the Stanley Cup and there are a few local guys from my area that would be a good one.. Dustin Penner and Ron Hextall (assistant GM) .. I do remmy Hextall when he was with the Philadelphia Flyers from many years ago as a goalie, talented yet angry guy lol.. loved how he played for sure.. ahh this is the night for sure... I hope!!! LOL

*drum rimshot*

Ladies and gentlemen... let's say hello and congrats to the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions from La La Land, the LOS ANGELES KINGS!!!!!!! They have done the freaking impossible, knocking off 3 top seeds in the Western Conference then knocking off the mighty New Jersey Devils to win their first ever Stanley Cup title since their birth in 1967!!!!! So happy for the Kings as they were long long overdue no thanks to the 1993 Montreal Canadiens... and I am so glad the NHL season will now end tonite.. onto the 2012-13 season if there is no lockout or so..

Congrats to the Kings..... 45 years too long to waiting to grabbing the CUP. The Cup party is still on until next season opening in the fall. :cheers:

Impressive playoff run...

Congrats to the L.A. Kings on their impressive playoff run this year.

They surely did not play like what was expected from an 8th seed.

While I'm tempted to say that they steamrolled over everyone (note: they didn't- that honour still belongs to the 1988 Edmonton Oilers...16-2...wow)...they sure showed everyone that they will be a force for years to come. Their core is still very young and the maturity they already exhibit is mind-boggling...

Now on to the 2-3 month break before the new season!

Ok gophers... there is a rumor the 2012-13 NHL regular season schedule will be out soon think maybe next week?? That is probably the fastest one unless something comes up.. one team the Phoenix Coyotea and the ongoing saga.. just wish the NHL would give up and let the Coyotes move somewhere and the city of Glendale can get out of the hellhole with the financial debt for sure.. oy...

The 2012 NHL Draft is to be held this year in Pittsburgh.. 7 pm EST so do take your time to watch that.. I gonna be watching for sure as I am a GM of a fantasy hockey league team and want to make sure I can draft some good future NHL stars to add to my rosters in a few seasons or so.. BUT also gonna watch in case any new jerseys will be unvieled with new logos and etc.. then the free agency will start July 1 so that will be very interesting in terms of players moving around...

Back