2010 World Series playoffs....

Sharky99

Reaction score
Ok baseball gophers... the 2010 MLB playoffs starts soon enough and 8 teams are in the race for the 2010 WS crown....

American League Division Series:
New York Yankees (defending champs) vs Minnesota Twins

Texas Rangers vs Tampa Bay Rays

National League Division Series:
Cincinnati Reds vs Philadelphia Phillies

Atlanta Braves vs San Francisco Giants

So I do hope the Twins can do me a favor and boot the crapYankees out.. hehe and also I wanna see TB advance and try for the WS again.... Philly would be a easy choice to advance to the NL Championship ... and I gonna have to root hard for Atlanta to advance past SF.... should be a good playoffs for sure!!!

Texas Rangers never been in World Series. I'm root for Nolan Ryan and Rangers!

BTW Tampa stadium sucks during bit low roof. So, MLB committees make new rule. When balls hit the roof, it's dead ball and pitching won't be count. However, the roof nearly to home run zone, it will count as HR. Huh?
MLB approves rule change for Tropicana Field - ESPN Dallas

BTW, I'm glad Josh Hamilton, the batter king is back and ready for playoff!

I do know for sure NY Yankees, Minnesota, Atlanta, Cincinnati, and Philadelphia have won some World Series titles but only Texas (yet to go to the WS), Tampa Bay (was in 2008 WS but lost) and San Francisco (was in a few WS and came out on losing side) have yet to win a WS title.. I know I included SF in that category but I do know that back then as the New York Giants, the Giants have won a few WS, and since moving to SF back in 1958, no WS titles have come to SF at all, and the closest SF got to winning was in 2002 vs the Anaheim (now Los Angeles) Angels... that's all.. I do think TB might have a big chance but anything can happen..

I'm rooting for the Giants (TB AL WS but losing). But realistically, probably Yanks vs. Philly - which is always great baseball.

Boston Red Sox is not going playoffs, but NY Yankees is. Congrats, yankees fans!

Too many injures. Well, I guess I will have to move on and that the Red Sox better win next year! Go Sox!

Boston Red Sox is not going playoffs, but NY Yankees is. Congrats, yankees fans!

Too many injures. Well, I guess I will have to move on and that the Red Sox better win next year! Go Sox!

Yeah, bad timing for Red Sox....wait and see what they are going after free agent after World Series? Rangers' Hamilton? or Astros's Lee?

OK folks.. next round...

American League Championship Series

New York Yankees @ Texas Rangers....I sure hope to hell that Texas can help boot the damn Yankees out of the playoffs and head to the first WS in franchise history.. it would be great to see it happen

National League Championship Series

Philadelphia Phillies @ San Francisco Giants.. wonder if Philly and SF will have a shootout to a game 7, or will the Phillies simply swat the Giants out?? Ought to be interesting to see....

Yes! Rangers won the series! Now, they need to beat Yankees to get in World Series!

Did you know?
• Rangers is the first road team to won every game.
• Cliff Lee is the most victory with no walk-allow within at least, 10k per game
• Josh Hamilton tell to use Ginger Ale instead wine to shake off and party in locker room to avoid being drunk.

Yes! Rangers won the series! Now, they need to beat Yankees to get in World Series!

Did you know?
• Rangers is the first road team to won every game.
• Cliff Lee is the most victory with no walk-allow within at least, 10k per game
• Josh Hamilton tell to use Ginger Ale instead wine to shake off and party in locker room to avoid being drunk.

I hope so. I m tired of too many Yankees championships. They suck!

Hoping for Rangers vs Giants.....expecting the opposite though. Rangers just blew a 5 run lead tonight.......Not a good start

Hoping for Rangers vs Giants.....expecting the opposite though. Rangers just blew a 5 run lead tonight.......Not a good start

They win tonight, big-mouther. They win and beat that DAMN Yankees tonight. They got it right. Oooo, I hate Yankees!

Anyway... Go Cliff Lee, go and embarrass in front of everybody at New York to see how sucks Yankees are in toliet. lmaoooo

Im hoping for Giants v Rangers in WS...

Im so happy that Rangers smoked Yankees out.

and im SO TOTALLY HAPPIEST on the earth that SF Giants slammed Roy "Doc" Halladay..

GO SF GIANTS!!

tomorrow: Sanchez vs Oswalt...

Its gonna be GREAT series between Giants v Phillies. Thats fo'sho!

MLB would rather to see Phillies vs Yankees for their TV rating - $$ than either Giants or Rangers. Maybe they will tell umpires to make bad calls to help Philly and NYY to win the series. :giggle: :D

Good luck to all fans. :)

Yeah!!! Texans beat piggish Yankees. One more game to finish today, hopefully.

Back