2 Teenage boys lost off Florida coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ocean demands respect or your life.
Ths only time i ever squeeled like a wee girl, in agonizing fear scared literally ****less...was when i was of the coast of cork in a tour boat, it wasnt a big boat, it was close to a death trap, ah well....when a storm hit...now....
To the caprian and sailors it was not much. The usual judging by their smiles....and calm.... I guess. But a black ocean and black sky with masive waves..damn...damn..damn.....really....
I french kissed the shore the second i was back on land...phew. clutching the earth, rathee deshelved only a drink set me right...
Nothing before and nothing since has ever scared me so much..
Just remembering those dark, waves promising oblivion,the rising of the boat and falling faster then you can sign hell, rising....rising...falling...faster then you can sign kightning........and that lightning....damn...damn....(shakes head, smacks face)
Damn...
(Lights joint, inhales....mmmmmm.........)
RIP to the boys...

Feel it's too late now...4 days out there?....without water...and of course the Sharks....plus becoming delusional in the hot Florida weather....even a $100,000 dollar reward has netted nothing....ahhh...the Perils of the Sea and Ocean....

I hope they won't end up like the boy who was from Oregon or Washington. He was drowning in the lake. I can't remember where he was and what his name was, but it's recurrent. Last Spring, I think?

I got feeling they been found

I sure they been found.they been living on jelly fish and sea water.may been different boys but familiar

I sure they been found.they been living on jelly fish and sea water.may been different boys but familiar

There has been nothing on the news about the boys being found , in fact there no reports about the boys on nightly news tonight , there was about the lion .

Yup Coast Guard is still searching-- it's going into day 6 now.

Sad ...my heart goes out to their families.

Sad ...my heart goes out to their families.

Same here , I was so sad to hear this on the news today, the families said they'll keep on looking and not give up . But it been about a week now , they had to run out of food and water by now. :(

somewhere this week I read about two boys in this area who ate jelly fish to stay alive and they were rescued I sure it these two

somewhere this week I read about two boys in this area who ate jelly fish to stay alive and they were rescued I sure it these two

No , that is was not the two boys , I saw on the news that search been called off and the coast guard said if they got any news evident the boys could still be alive they will pick the search . The coast guard believe the 2
boys are no longer alive.

A couple things that I've found out talking to some friends who are major boaters. Those boys were not experienced, despite what their parents said. They did nothing that experienced boaters would do. Other boats were coming into the marina at the time these boys went out because of the weather. They had what turns out to be a 600 dollar cooler, but they couldn't spend 300 bucks on a beacon? They may have thought their cell phones would work further out on the water. They also sent photos earlier in the day with them on the boat without life jackets on so it's unlikely they had them on when they capsized.

I think these kids have been dead for days now.

caz, that article confused someone else I know. It was about two boys that went through their ordeal many years ago.

A couple things that I've found out talking to some friends who are major boaters. Those boys were not experienced, despite what their parents said. They did nothing that experienced boaters would do. Other boats were coming into the marina at the time these boys went out because of the weather. They had what turns out to be a 600 dollar cooler, but they couldn't spend 300 bucks on a beacon? They may have thought their cell phones would work further out on the water. They also sent photos earlier in the day with them on the boat without life jackets on so it's unlikely they had them on when they capsized.

I think these kids have been dead for days now.

caz, that article confused someone else I know. It was about two boys that went through their ordeal many years ago.

The boys didn't some kind of gps that would signaled where they were so they could had been found alive. I agree the boys were only 14 yo had no idea what kind of risk they were taking . This is very tragic and should not happen if the parents had said "NO way!"

The boys didn't some kind of gps that would signaled where they were so they could had been found alive. I agree the boys were only 14 yo had no idea what kind of risk they were taking . This is very tragic and should not happen if the parents had said "NO way!"

I am at a loss... if boating is a way of life for thwir area, it is something they are taught from a young age... and if memory severs properly I believe the news said that one or both the boys had boating certs... why would this not be okay?
Parents have to let their kids have a childhood... climb a tree, go out on a boat, go hunting or fishing, or any of the numerous things kids do... something other than sitting at home playing video games... sure it's safer, and yeah this is a potential downfall... but still ... why must parents always say no... if it is something that they are around they will sneak out to do it anyway... teach them, let them know the risks... that way when they go out you have a better chance of finding them... safe... I know it has not and most likely will not be in this case... but it does not change my feelings on the matter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back