14yo girl kills her newborn

That is an old post, over a year. I'm not sure this crime warrants an adult sentence. Obviously, there are extenuating circumstances.

And, I believe there has since been a plea deal, but I'm not sure either side of the news is accurate.

Horrific....I'm also not sure about her being tried as an adult also...But, obviously, this teen needs long-term counseling.

It is often a taboo when it come with pregnancy. She was not the only one. There were others in the past long time ago before her when they felt they need to kill the babies because they were ashamed or not ready to take care of the baby (unplanned pregnancies). At fourteen years old, she is still a minor and a child. She really want to hide her pregnancy. She and other people who witnessed did not mentioned about the baby's father or if she was raped. There is more to the story about why she had to kill her baby. Very sad that she had to do it. :(

That is an old post, over a year. I'm not sure this crime warrants an adult sentence. Obviously, there are extenuating circumstances.

And, I believe there has since been a plea deal, but I'm not sure either side of the news is accurate.

Killing a baby by suffocating it and blunt force trauma is murder no matter when it happened. I agree with trying her an adult. She clearly doesn't look like she regrets anything and will probably get pregnant again at some point and give herself another "do it yourself abortion" by killing the baby again. Most "children" that kill know very clearly right from wrong - they just don't care. If she could do this to a baby, think of what she could do to another child at school she hates.

Laura

From December 2012: Outcome of the case:

Cassidy Goodson was given 18 months at a juvenile jail.

I looked it up and the crime did happen last year. It's was a shame the girl did not feel safe enough to go her mother for help and that mother refuse to believe that her daughter was pregnant . The family could use some family
counseling .

Not the first time and probably wont be the last time a teenager will attempt to hide her pregnancy and attempt to kill the baby. I just wish she could have dropped her baby off at a church or an agency anonymously.

Killing a baby by suffocating it and blunt force trauma is murder no matter when it happened. I agree with trying her an adult. She clearly doesn't look like she regrets anything and will probably get pregnant again at some point and give herself another "do it yourself abortion" by killing the baby again. Most "children" that kill know very clearly right from wrong - they just don't care. If she could do this to a baby, think of what she could do to another child at school she hates.

Laura

Yes, that might be true that they know right from wrong, but they do not know, "clearly" HOW to solve their problems. And, if I'm not mistaken, that is what the adults around them are supposed to teach them, how to solve their problems. Problems, I might add that, in a perfect world, only adults would be facing.

It is the reason we don't let a 14 year old carry a gun.

Yes, it is an old article, but I couldn't help but re-read it. The link is the same as the OP, but take a look at the bolded below. (The rest of the article refers to her by name, etc., but not this particular sentence.)

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/14yearold-girl-arrested-secretly-giving-birth-bathroom-killing-son-throwing/

Cassidy Goodison may just be the most heartless fourteen-year-old girl on the face of the planet.

Several months ago, she managed to pull off one of the most vile and inhumane acts I’ve ever heard – she delivered her own baby, using nothing but a pair of scissors while sitting on a toilet… she then strangled the baby to death and disposed of the dead infant by tossing it into a shoebox and hiding it in her closet.

Authorities are charging Goodman as an adult, and rightfully so. Her charges include premeditated first-degree murder (a capital felony) and aggravated child abuse (a first degree felony).

It all began on September 19th in Goodman’s hometown of Greenbrier Village, Florida. Goodman had been hiding her pregnancy from her parents for the previous nine months, so when her water broke, instead of calling for medical assistance, she ran to the bathroom, bit on a towel, and pushed out a 9.5 lb baby boy – using nothing but a pair of scissors.

After realizing her child was alive by feeling for his pulse, the animal then strangled her poor son to death and threw him in a shoebox with some of her dirty laundry.

Several days later when her mother, Teresa Goodman, was cleaning Cassidy’s room, she smelled a putrid odor emanating from a pile of dirty laundry. Beneath the pile of foul smelling clothes was the deceased infant hidden in a shoebox. Mrs. Goodman then called her sisters in a state of utter panic, who then called the appropriate authorities.

Cassidy was arrested and taken to the Juvenile Assessment Center and later transferred to the Polk County Juvenile Detention Facility.

The autopsy performed on the infant confirmed that it was a full term birth and that the child was birthed alive and well. The cause of death according to the coroner was asphyxiation and blunt force trauma.

When her parents were asked how the 5’ 3’’ 100 lb Cassidy was able to hide her pregnancy from them for 9 months, they admitted that there were some suspicions afloat, but that Cassidy was very devious and conniving in her attempt to hide her pregnancy – constantly wearing baggy sweats and long oversized t-shirts.

Surely, the charges against Cassidy will stick and she will have plenty of time to contemplate her abhorrent actions behind bars.

18 mos in juvy for strangling and beating to death a baby.....my my justice is grand isnt it?
Maybe when she gets paroled early she can get rich of a reality t.v. show
nice.......
strangle and beat to death a baby and this is justice served
mmmmmm

All she got was 18 months?! Wow.... how disgusting. I understand because she's a minor she's held to different standards... but seriously?! :(

Back