13' Resolutions?

Dude are you high? Or just have reading comprehension problems? I'm not defending myself? Have I said I'm not going to quit? No duh, I'm saying I AM going to quit. I'm not saying that because I smoke and can still run that's a reason to keep smoking. Grummer was pointing out that I will have problems with the tough mudder, that I should put it off for a bit. I was making the point that when I do quit, and after I've been training, it won't be that long til I can go 10 miles.

As I said, ex smokers can be be the most annoying people on the planet. I give to you Exhibit A.

:lol: We have our ways. Of course... same goes for the person we try to help. my wife hates the way I support her so I try to find several different ways to do so.. still won't work on her but it does on other people. Guess my wife hates my style. :lol:

I understand.... I can't wait until Tuesday then... to hear (read) if you have started it or not but the fact, I will prefer see a video of you doing it. eh.

Actually there's a video on here of me doing one armed push ups, and saywhatkid about lost his mind over it, projecting all these crazy motivations that he thought about WHY I did.....so no I don't think I'll be posting anymore of those. Maybe an After pic :D

Actually there's a video on here of me doing one armed push ups, and saywhatkid about lost his mind over it, projecting all these crazy motivations that he thought about WHY I did.....so no I don't think I'll be posting anymore of those. Maybe an After pic :D

I used to that when I weighed 155.. right now at age 38.. I am guessing about 230 right now... losing the weigh waste.. while I do some new mix of training.. am able to do the one arm push ups at this weigh but need to increase the reps. eh. By the way, I congraluate you on that.. do all three stages.. I would want to see if you would do Asylum. Do NOT buy P90X 2 if you haven't. It is a waste. Go to Asylum or try out some of Insanity... they both have similar but different style. It's your choice. Running 10 miles as a goal is awesome to be honest. I am a mixed distance runner because of soccer.. right now I couldn't run more then 3 miles non-stop but I got to run 5 to 10... I would recommend fast jump roping too.. :D Some old fashioned exercises does do people some good.

My hubby is on week 3 of not smoking...I keep kissing and hugging him telling him how much I love him smelling so good. Trying to show him that it makes a difference without the smell of cigarettes around. He needs all the support and he loves being hugged and touched so I am doing 3 times as much. hehehehe. :)

No one is more annoying than an ex smoker, not even jehovah witnesses, a new convert to a new religion is close though. They make me want to punch babies.

This is my favorite "smoking stunts your growth". That is the stupidest thing I have ever f'ing heard. Dude, I quit growing when I was 13, started smoking at 17, and am now 37, aannnnd I'm going to punch you in the throat.

"Those will kill you". So if I quit...I'm not going to ....die?? That's amazing. Every smoker knows what the hell we're doing to ourselves, we don't need people telling us. WE KNOW!!!

The smart thing to do is never tell anyone you're going to quit. One time, my mother found out and announced it to everyone and...guess what? Broke down from the pressure and went back. When I quit for good, I said nothing; they figured it out after the fact, and by then I was 3 or 4 weeks in and golden. When you quit, it's your business and no one else's so say nothing and don't plan a date to stop. That actually makes it worse, then you're anxious about the impending date. I stopped on the spur of the moment, (thanks to fluffy in the road). It's actually easier to quit when you don't shoot for a date to stop - truth be told, you'll just keep putting it off to another date that you think works out better. When there's a sense of finality, with conviction, then you'll stop for good.

Laura

I used to that when I weighed 155.. right now at age 38.. I am guessing about 230 right now... losing the weigh waste.. while I do some new mix of training.. am able to do the one arm push ups at this weigh but need to increase the reps. eh. By the way, I congraluate you on that.. do all three stages.. I would want to see if you would do Asylum. Do NOT buy P90X 2 if you haven't. It is a waste. Go to Asylum or try out some of Insanity... they both have similar but different style. It's your choice. Running 10 miles as a goal is awesome to be honest. I am a mixed distance runner because of soccer.. right now I couldn't run more then 3 miles non-stop but I got to run 5 to 10... I would recommend fast jump roping too.. :D Some old fashioned exercises does do people some good.

I was jogging during the summer and early fall, until it got cold, I am a huge cold baby!! Anyway my 3 mile route was getting too easy, had been debating going further or try going faster. I ended up deciding to do intervals. I'd do 10 minutes easy jog then run for 1 minute, jog for 2 minutes, run for 1 minute etc etc. The first couple times I did that 5 times and then just jogged the rest of the way home. But then I realized I had enough distance and time to add one more interval. That was working very well! Endorphins would kick in doing it that way. I was loving it, then it got chilly and I wimped out lol. But by the time I finish p90x it should be warmer again. I figured the intervals would get me more stamina before I added another mile to my route.

I agree with Laura. When I watch the commercials for p90x all I do is cringe thinking about my knees. Those people are in amazing shape!!!

I had two knee surgeries. My right had a ligament tear and cracked bone from a fall, the left had a floating patella. One thing the nurse said stayed with me: "You never really get your knees back..." So true....can't even run now to make the trains without looking like a dork.

Laura

The smart thing to do is never tell anyone you're going to quit. One time, my mother found out and announced it to everyone and...guess what? Broke down from the pressure and went back. When I quit for good, I said nothing; they figured it out after the fact, and by then I was 3 or 4 weeks in and golden. When you quit, it's your business and no one else's so say nothing and don't plan a date to stop. That actually makes it worse, then you're anxious about the impending date. I stopped on the spur of the moment, (thanks to fluffy in the road). It's actually easier to quit when you don't shoot for a date to stop - truth be told, you'll just keep putting it off to another date that you think works out better. When there's a sense of finality, with conviction, then you'll stop for good.

Laura
Very true!! I spent about 6 months as a non smoker after my son was born. During the 2 day stay at the hospital obviously you can't smoke, and when I got back home, I just didn't start again. I didn't even plan to quit, I just did. Then a few months later I smoked one of the husbands, I think I must have been stressing over something, I forget. Then a few weeks later I had another, them every now and then cig got closer and closer and closer until one day I couldn't wait for the husband to get home from work so I could have one and went to the store and bought a pack. Bam, smoking again. Sneaks right up on you.

I've had friends that were occasional smokers. They might go weeks without having one, or only smoke when they were drinking. I could never do that. Even when I was preggers I was down to 2 or 3 a day, so a pack would last me a week, but I still smoked everyday.

Very true!! I spent about 6 months as a non smoker after my son was born. During the 2 day stay at the hospital obviously you can't smoke, and when I got back home, I just didn't start again. I didn't even plan to quit, I just did. Then a few months later I smoked one of the husbands, I think I must have been stressing over something, I forget. Then a few weeks later I had another, them every now and then cig got closer and closer and closer until one day I couldn't wait for the husband to get home from work so I could have one and went to the store and bought a pack. Bam, smoking again. Sneaks right up on you.

I've had friends that were occasional smokers. They might go weeks without having one, or only smoke when they were drinking. I could never do that. Even when I was preggers I was down to 2 or 3 a day, so a pack would last me a week, but I still smoked everyday.

That is what I am worried will happen to my hubby. Trying to not to put the pressure on him.

I was a social smoker too, but I always smoked in the car, during breaks in between classes, walking through Boston, before school (when they had smoking against the school wall), lunches, and always with friends, in which case I'd go through a pack in one night. I wasn't allowed to smoke in the home, I didn't smoke when I was sick, or if I didn't go out - which is odd, I know. Don't be fooled by that because everyone struggles just the same no matter how it seems at the time.

Dude are you high? Or just have reading comprehension problems? I'm not defending myself? Have I said I'm not going to quit? No duh, I'm saying I AM going to quit. I'm not saying that because I smoke and can still run that's a reason to keep smoking. Grummer was pointing out that I will have problems with the tough mudder, that I should put it off for a bit. I was making the point that when I do quit, and after I've been training, it won't be that long til I can go 10 miles.

As I said, ex smokers can be be the most annoying people on the planet. I give to you Exhibit A.
Not high at all. I remain substance free.

In previous posts, you bragged about being a smoker with athletic prowess. You bragged about your son's friends lusting for you. I countered with the fact that as a mother, you owe it to your children to not smoke. Cancer does not care if you run, weight 90 pounds, have kids, are under 50. Are they not worth it? Prove you can quit. Until you do, you are just making noise.

At least I have a mind. You have an overblown image of yourself. Smoked while pregnant? How impressive! Good job.

An
Not high at all. I remain substance free.

In previous posts, you bragged about being a smoker with athletic prowess. You bragged about your son's friends lusting for you. I countered with the fact that as a mother, you owe it to your children to not smoke. Cancer does not care if you run, weight 90 pounds, have kids, are under 50. Are they not worth it? Prove you can quit. Until you do, you are just making noise.

And voila, crazy projections of what you think my motivations were. I never said any of that or even remotely close to that.....you did. Your perceptions are way off, way way way off. You're insane, high, or just an asshat. Take your pick.

13' should be '13...

an abbreviation just placed in the wrong order, whoop lol

so like, when you read sport stories or reccounts of something that actually happened in the 1970's for example, a mechanic who used to work for Barry Sheene might say;

they'd say in '77 we did that, by the '79 we dropped the idea of using reed valves so we experimented with rotary disc instead this lasted untill '82 at that point we reverted back to using reed blocks all over again.

im thinking of taking up cigar smoking this year...its a different sort of puffing, and women dig men with big smoke because the size of cigar reminds them of , well you know...

nah fuck that.
im just kidding, just stop being fucking prat leave ambrosia alone...
what she does with her self is her business.... no one else..
would someone squib if someone is deciding for a tattoo? esp now a days its so fashionable and yet people are getting real fucked off with 'don't get it once you got it it stays'....but well tatts back then was more for 'bikies or saliors or jailers only' not anymore...

and the styles have changed so much...

but its a personal thing, dammit it is not, that it's fashionable to be 'so personal'? but at same time moan about polllution of people? or the planet while we 'want SUVs? or Jetskis?? you dont go screaming at those people at the beach, get off that, its illegal you're wrecking the planet!!...no we know that's just crazy...its the same

im thinking of taking up cigar smoking this year...its a different sort of puffing, and women dig men with big smoke because the size of cigar reminds them of , well you know...

nah fuck that.
im just kidding, just stop being fucking prat leave ambrosia alone...
what she does with her self is her business.... no one else..
would someone squib if someone is deciding for a tattoo? esp now a days its so fashionable and yet people are getting real fucked off with 'don't get it once you got it it stays'....but well tatts back then was more for 'bikies or saliors or jailers only' not anymore...

and the styles have changed so much...

but its a personal thing, dammit it is not, that it's fashionable to be 'so personal'? but at same time moan about polllution of people? or the planet while we 'want SUVs? or Jetskis?? you dont go screaming at those people at the beach, get off that, its illegal you're wrecking the planet!!...no we know that's just crazy...its the same

Getting more tattoo does fit the new year plan, but the thing is I have no one who is expert on drawing what I want... I want it exactly what I have on mind... maybe they should have wires attached to my head and have the computer draw it out for me to make it easier, then have it drawn onto my skin... other then that, a new car each 3 of us... if you got the money for me. LOL.

Getting more tattoo does fit the new year plan, but the thing is I have no one who is expert on drawing what I want... I want it exactly what I have on mind... maybe they should have wires attached to my head and have the computer draw it out for me to make it easier, then have it drawn onto my skin... other then that, a new car each 3 of us... if you got the money for me. LOL.

if i were you, if hold of till i know exactly what to go on the skin..because it IS permenent...i think id lke a snake and crane, but that's a personal meaning...and i still dont want to have it...because...tattoo is not clothes to change...you can grow a beard it becomes you and you can shave it off. but ink in skin is entirely different..just one advice DONT ever use a name of a wife or lover, NEVER EVER...

Back