13' Resolutions?

For a reason or two, I find that hilarious, dislike nosy neighbors. For balance, why dont you try yoga... or practice standing on one foot, dont raise your foot too high until you build solid balance? Just an idea I usually do with my clients. Step by step even myself.

Relapses? I would recommend dont worry about the past... think and give it plenty of love and courage to make it a success today. You CAN do it... Go all the way. I believe in you.

For everyone: my wife is a pack/pack and half a day smoker, and some of my clients who used to be a smoker.. used Chantix.. very successful but you have to take the pill twice a day... pro.. no nasty taste to the buds and more.. it worked awesome. Better than nicotine gums, and more. Just for your information.

Thank you Jason...not too sure Yoga will help my balance problem tho'...(multiple ear surgeries)....and it just got worse or worstened after the 4th surgery on the left ear...doctor said it was "normal" in my case...:giggle:

RR I would love to go rollatoring around with you. I think we would have a blast.

I sat on my today and reached down to pick up some fluff off the carpet and the darn thing tipped over. My broken leg took the brunt but I think it is OK.

I'm so ready for fun. Wish we lived closer!!!

RR I would love to go rollatoring around with you. I think we would have a blast.

I sat on my today and reached down to pick up some fluff off the carpet and the darn thing tipped over. My broken leg took the brunt but I think it is OK.

I'm so ready for fun. Wish we lived closer!!!

:wave:..Sweet!...Guessing I need to pack up...put my suitcase in the little basket in front of my Rollator....and high-tail it to California.....

The only thing I dislike about the Rollator is it's so "bulky"...wish it weighed less too...I even grocery shop with it since I've got the little basket.....

Be careful, Angel....

Thank you Jason...not too sure Yoga will help my balance problem tho'...(multiple ear surgeries)....and it just got worse or worstened after the 4th surgery on the left ear...doctor said it was "normal" in my case...:giggle:

That often... I say that is not a good idea/picture of going through all that. The more they touch something that ain't theirs... it heads for the better or for worse. Why mess with it. And for the balance, that is why I just suggesting. There is tons ways of doing yoga.. there are some yoga classes without requiring too much of balance depending on the instructor and his/her methods. Two of them at my old job doesn't include more than 2 exercises that uses balance. Maybe if you want to take up yoga, find one without balance or talk to an instructor about your balance problem and I am sure they will work it in for you.

For a reason or two, I find that hilarious, dislike nosy neighbors. For balance, why dont you try yoga... or practice standing on one foot, dont raise your foot too high until you build solid balance? Just an idea I usually do with my clients. Step by step even myself.

Relapses? I would recommend dont worry about the past... think and give it plenty of love and courage to make it a success today. You CAN do it... Go all the way. I believe in you.

For everyone: my wife is a pack/pack and half a day smoker, and some of my clients who used to be a smoker.. used Chantix.. very successful but you have to take the pill twice a day... pro.. no nasty taste to the buds and more.. it worked awesome. Better than nicotine gums, and more. Just for your information.

Thanks Jason :D I don't have insurance so no Chantix for me I have heard good things about it though. Nicorette lozenges for me. Bumped everything to this Tuesday because I ended up staying up ALL night New Years Eve and slept until after 3 the next day. Def want to start p90x on a tuesday though, so had to postpone it.

for 13'.. when I first saw it, I was like.. huh.. typo but I ignored it instantly when I saw resolution.. lol...

for me...

~ Expand my training business

~ Get the website up and running

~ Promote my own new creation in fitness for myself before my clients.

~ Set up new events for deaf community to participate to love. *fingers crossed*

Besides all these above, everything else is just good as it goes... no need for improvements. :D

I can certainly understand your concern. But I don't mean next month. i was thinking later thins year, but really I need to look at where they're going to be and this year and when. I'd like to do one close to me, or close to my family in NH, but if the races are in like say May, that'd be a no go and I'd have to wait for next year. I may have smoked for 20 years but I'm not exactly unfit, I can run 3 miles with no problem actually, and that's with having a smoke before and after. Def would have to train for the mileage. There's also Spartan races as well, I'll have to look at the dates for those. Its not like a marathon and you're running the whole time, you stop every mile or so and do an obstacle, if I remember right their usually half marathons 13 miles not 26. We shall see.

God...for someone that smokes, that's pretty damn impressive...one can only imagine how much more awesome you'd be as a non-smoker....I wouldn't want to race against you...smoking or non-smoking....:shock:

Laura

I agree with Laura. When I watch the commercials for p90x all I do is cringe thinking about my knees. Those people are in amazing shape!!!

Thanks Jason :D I don't have insurance so no Chantix for me I have heard good things about it though. Nicorette lozenges for me. Bumped everything to this Tuesday because I ended up staying up ALL night New Years Eve and slept until after 3 the next day. Def want to start p90x on a tuesday though, so had to postpone it.

I understand the part on the insurance.. but postphoning P90X.. umm how about doing it right now? :D These exercises are actual created by more than 3 trainers overall.. the 10 minutes DVD exercises were created by two training schools' students including me and my colleagues. Quit making up excuses and get it done... :D

Quit making up excuses and get it done... :D
That is the same thing I think about people that want to quit smoking. What is stopping them? It is only an urge. Why be held captive by a stick of leaves?

That is the same thing I think about people that want to quit smoking. What is stopping them? It is only an urge. Why be held captive by a stick of leaves?

Its the chemicals in these sticks that hits their nerve system.. they have trouble putting an end to that because the chemicals they added to the leaves are what calms them down, the longer they stay in, the harder it is to clean it out. Shaky or stress without it.. that is what they want to avoid. Which is why some people exercise, eat, or get treatment. Ya know. They are just scared... need our support to get it done right away so they can stay beautiful and healthy longer.

Its the chemicals in these sticks that hits their nerve system.. they have trouble putting an end to that because the chemicals they added to the leaves are what calms them down, the longer they stay in, the harder it is to clean it out. Shaky or stress without it.. that is what they want to avoid. Which is why some people exercise, eat, or get treatment. Ya know. They are just scared... need our support to get it done right away so they can stay beautiful and healthy longer.
I used those sticks for years. I fully understand the incessant reminders of "smoke one now!" raging through my body every few minutes. I also know that I abhorred the results if I caved in. They tasted like crap, made me whirl, and forced me to become enslaved. What a reward!

My method was completely the opposite of yours. I would mock anyone that failed to quit, including myself. There are only two results here: success, which is its own reward; and failure.

I understand the part on the insurance.. but postphoning P90X.. umm how about doing it right now? :D These exercises are actual created by more than 3 trainers overall.. the 10 minutes DVD exercises were created by two training schools' students including me and my colleagues. Quit making up excuses and get it done... :D

lol it's not an excuse, I have a very good reason for wanting to start p90x on a Tuesday. It's a 6 day a week program, 1 rest day (or xstretch) I'm off on Sundays and Mondays, so if I start on Tuesday my rest day will be on monday, when I'm off, and when the kids are at school. It's not an excuse it's a plan ;)

No one is more annoying than an ex smoker, not even jehovah witnesses, a new convert to a new religion is close though. They make me want to punch babies.

This is my favorite "smoking stunts your growth". That is the stupidest thing I have ever f'ing heard. Dude, I quit growing when I was 13, started smoking at 17, and am now 37, aannnnd I'm going to punch you in the throat.

"Those will kill you". So if I quit...I'm not going to ....die?? That's amazing. Every smoker knows what the hell we're doing to ourselves, we don't need people telling us. WE KNOW!!!

for 13'.. when I first saw it, I was like.. huh.. typo but I ignored it instantly when I saw resolution.. lol...

THANK YOU!! I figure it says more about the people harping about it than it does about me making the typo in the first place so I've just been ignoring them ;)

No one is more annoying than an ex smoker, not even jehovah witnesses, a new convert to a new religion is close though. They make me want to punch babies.

This is my favorite "smoking stunts your growth". That is the stupidest thing I have ever f'ing heard. Dude, I quit growing when I was 13, started smoking at 17, and am now 37, aannnnd I'm going to punch you in the throat.

"Those will kill you". So if I quit...I'm not going to ....die?? That's amazing. Every smoker knows what the hell we're doing to ourselves, we don't need people telling us. WE KNOW!!!
Nothing is more pathetic than a smoker defending themselves. Despite what they think, their habit is forced on others. We all deal with increased health care costs, costly fires, careless littering, second-hand smoke, etc. I was lucky to escape the clutches of nicotine. It was not easy, but I was not willing to go back.

All smokers will be forced to quit at some point; why not do it while you can live a decent life? It won't be very rewarding when it only enables you to take oxygen.

God...for someone that smokes, that's pretty damn impressive...one can only imagine how much more awesome you'd be as a non-smoker....I wouldn't want to race against you...smoking or non-smoking....:shock:

Laura

Thanks :) I've never managed to keep to a regimen fro an entire year, I'm a bit more sporadic than that, but have I worked out off an on for since my early 20's, so I'm not too bad out of shape.

Not long after we moved to SC I missed the kids getting dropped at the bus stop. My daughter was in kindergarten at the time and they won't let the k kids get off the bus without an adult waiting there. I had been on the phone with the realtor about the house we were trying to buy and didn't notice the time. We had left my old beater car in NH and hadn't bought one yet, so if they took my kids back to the school I wouldn't have a way to go get them. I hung up on the guy mid sentence and went running out the door, got to the corner and saw the bus down the road, kicked off my flip flops and started hauling!!! Everytime the bus stopped I'd start to close but it'd take back off again before I got there. A mile down the road I finally caught up to the thing, sprinting, not jogging, but sprinting the entire way. OMG I thought I was going to die, oxygen debt. When I got there the bus driver looked at me all buggy eyed and said "holy crap, you should be in the olympics!!" haha my calves hurt so bad the next day it was crazy, but I got them!!!

Smoker for years....chest x-rays are good and normal....its the LUNGS I gotta worry about....and I do....I've made every excuse in the book for quitting...then going back...quitting and back again....Admitting I'm a failure in that department....but I never say never....

Smoker for years....chest x-rays are good and normal....its the LUNGS I gotta worry about....and I do....I've made every excuse in the book for quitting...then going back...quitting and back again....Admitting I'm a failure in that department....but I never say never....
Yeah, you keep at it. No excuses. I respect that. You aren't bragging about how athletic you are, despite smoking. You have 3 great boys for incentive. I could never imagine having to tell my child, after years of them harping on me to quit, that I had terminal cancer from smoking. It would be heartbreaking.

I used those sticks for years. I fully understand the incessant reminders of "smoke one now!" raging through my body every few minutes. I also know that I abhorred the results if I caved in. They tasted like crap, made me whirl, and forced me to become enslaved. What a reward!

My method was completely the opposite of yours. I would mock anyone that failed to quit, including myself. There are only two results here: success, which is its own reward; and failure.

:lol: We have our ways. Of course... same goes for the person we try to help. my wife hates the way I support her so I try to find several different ways to do so.. still won't work on her but it does on other people. Guess my wife hates my style. :lol:

lol it's not an excuse, I have a very good reason for wanting to start p90x on a Tuesday. It's a 6 day a week program, 1 rest day (or xstretch) I'm off on Sundays and Mondays, so if I start on Tuesday my rest day will be on monday, when I'm off, and when the kids are at school. It's not an excuse it's a plan ;)

I understand.... I can't wait until Tuesday then... to hear (read) if you have started it or not but the fact, I will prefer see a video of you doing it. eh.

Back