13' Resolutions?

yep me to for thousands millian time,it feels like it.....whats a tough muddler i give that a try...tried everything else....got two patches on and nictoine gum on the go plus little lozenge under tongue...
good luck,how about be my smoking buddy and we try not to lie to each other,cos i devious where the old fags concered

Devious eh? lol you got it!!

The tough mudder is an obstacle race. If I'm going to do one, it'd probably help if I quit.

Tough Mudder - Probably the Toughest Event on the Planet

Looks like this year the closest one to me is in Georgia. OR I can do the one in Vermont, my brother and brother in law back home in NH might do that one with me, or there's one in Dallas texas, that's not far from where my parents live, I may be able to get some family together to visit my folks in Texas and do it with me. We'll see :D

Hey Ambrosia, Happy New Year and congratulations on the decision to take another shot at quitting cigarettes. I hope this time is the one:)

For me, I went to a NYE party and a friend of mine I hadn't seen in a while said my signing is coming better than I think it is, and he says he thinks in a few more months I'll be fluent. So for me in 2013, I want to make it happen. Tighten up my regimen. During the holidays I fell away from it, thinking "I'm spending so much time with people who are signing, that's even better than studying" which in some ways is true, but I need my study time if I'm going to get there. So I'm making a schedule, receptive drills, "terping" practice, signing practice- make sure I don't leave anything out just because I get tired. And keep a better organized list of the questions I come across in the process, and go get answers to them:0

I hope we both nail it this year!

And everyone else too:)

*Lose 10 pounds through exercise, walking, and swimming (no HS weight, please!)
*Eat right :/
*Expand my business
*Another home based business
*Be proactive (to myself)
*No more procrastinating in my business
*Buy a journal and write something down
*Mini weekend getaways and long overdue vacations!
*Think positive
*Practice/improve my poker skills (I wanna beat the boys so badly)
*Working on paying off my bills/debt (except for my stupid college loan..it takes forever!)
*Pray hard for my wish!
*Possible surgery to remove a cyst inside my hand

I do not make NY resoluations. I keep focusing on my kids connection and their happiness in their own way.

I'll be happy just to lose weight.....

I'm a former smoker myself and I quit because of a dog believe it or not. I saw someone's dog wander into a busy main street I was driving on and I was so concerned for it, I almost caused an accident and I didn't get to enjoy my last cigerette. I decided then and there to quit. I knew if I bought another pack, I wouldn't smoke just one and throw the pack out, so I never went back. First two weeks are the hardest but everything's cake from then on.....hmmmm....cake....:shock:

Laura

wow, that's a story, moved me a bit, thanks for sharing.
Grummer

True, I have an even harder time with not smoking and have an alcohol beverage though! whooo I'm not going to be able to have a tasty beverage for at least 3 months!!

then make it abit easier, dont have ciggie with coffee, and when drinking, just take 1 or 2 for the night, no more...that way it doesnt because unbearable for you to give in. BUT be strict 2 is LIMIT.. hell, buy a bread 'n' dip while you out on the town, let to eat snack instead of smoking...um but you might get alarned about one side effect, putting on weight, then here' a solution pick swimming or jogging (swinning is more gentle and help make your lungs stronger)...to stay in shape
just ideas
maybe and im sure you'd have your own ideas for toning, what about yoga?

Devious eh? lol you got it!!

The tough mudder is an obstacle race. If I'm going to do one, it'd probably help if I quit.

Tough Mudder - Probably the Toughest Event on the Planet

Looks like this year the closest one to me is in Georgia. OR I can do the one in Vermont, my brother and brother in law back home in NH might do that one with me, or there's one in Dallas texas, that's not far from where my parents live, I may be able to get some family together to visit my folks in Texas and do it with me. We'll see :D

my opinon is, not this year, it too hard, and at that, probably likey too dangerous for you, not the physical hurt, but the fitness level it WILL and can kill you, physical fitness is not something about toughness, its more about being trained for it, and that takes time, maybe in 1 year or 2 years yes, but this year, you're just asking for trouble. maybe a 10k Run, and yes that's is Tough , very tough but well within your reach but SAS courses, id say dont be stupid, reconsider it for a later time. Shit I havent smoked for 18 years and id still wont consider doing that unless i am running regularly and done a couple or few more of 10K runs , at least...

dont imagine im trying to put your off, im saying rushing is not a way to do it, play it safe, while it not 'soft' but signing up for a 10k run is still rewarding, very much so!...and realistic.

I just wanted to add another resolution...

Go to the cities of Baltimore, Annapolis, DC, or New York City once a month just to stroll in any quaint neighborhoods where all the botiques, shops, bars, and restaurants are all lines up. Good exercise and I just love the diversity each city offers.

I don't plan anything because I suck at completing goals. I'll just try to be better person for this year...

my opinon is, not this year, it too hard, and at that, probably likey too dangerous for you, not the physical hurt, but the fitness level it WILL and can kill you, physical fitness is not something about toughness, its more about being trained for it, and that takes time, maybe in 1 year or 2 years yes, but this year, you're just asking for trouble. maybe a 10k Run, and yes that's is Tough , very tough but well within your reach but SAS courses, id say dont be stupid, reconsider it for a later time. Shit I havent smoked for 18 years and id still wont consider doing that unless i am running regularly and done a couple or few more of 10K runs , at least...

dont imagine im trying to put your off, im saying rushing is not a way to do it, play it safe, while it not 'soft' but signing up for a 10k run is still rewarding, very much so!...and realistic.

I can certainly understand your concern. But I don't mean next month. i was thinking later thins year, but really I need to look at where they're going to be and this year and when. I'd like to do one close to me, or close to my family in NH, but if the races are in like say May, that'd be a no go and I'd have to wait for next year. I may have smoked for 20 years but I'm not exactly unfit, I can run 3 miles with no problem actually, and that's with having a smoke before and after. Def would have to train for the mileage. There's also Spartan races as well, I'll have to look at the dates for those. Its not like a marathon and you're running the whole time, you stop every mile or so and do an obstacle, if I remember right their usually half marathons 13 miles not 26. We shall see.

one of my resolutions is going to be broken before day is over,a ciggi,people have driven me to it...

I thought you were talking about a 13-foot resolution, since the title shows the apostrophe after the 13, not before.

(for those that don't get it, it should say '13, not 13')

I don't make resolutions, just one goal: Ride my bicycle 500 miles more than last year, which was a disappointing 1100 miles due to work & family life. (All my riding buddies average 2500-4000 per year).

I can certainly understand your concern. But I don't mean next month. i was thinking later thins year, but really I need to look at where they're going to be and this year and when. I'd like to do one close to me, or close to my family in NH, but if the races are in like say May, that'd be a no go and I'd have to wait for next year. I may have smoked for 20 years but I'm not exactly unfit, I can run 3 miles with no problem actually, and that's with having a smoke before and after. Def would have to train for the mileage. There's also Spartan races as well, I'll have to look at the dates for those. Its not like a marathon and you're running the whole time, you stop every mile or so and do an obstacle, if I remember right their usually half marathons 13 miles not 26. We shall see.

ah, ok , so its quite do-able, then go for it, but yes be sensible as you already showed that, so.., cool!
i get fit in summer just by workng in my garden it grows all year then i chop everythign down to get the summer sun,...bloody hard work, and i cant go right in, i start off 1 hr a day for a week then 2 hrs, then 3 hrs a day in 3rd week ...till 10 hrs a day for the 10th, so id have 4 weeks off real relaxation (and in good shape to know im good for the year's study as i never get time to go to gyms during study months. Weird i know.

Haven't really thought of any New Year's Resolutions......shux...at my age, I outta' just do whatever floats my boat...:giggle:

But one thing does sorta' stick out...getting out more now that I've got a rollator for my balance problem....and perhaps giving those "nosey" neighbors who gossiped that I was "drunk"...give 'em the Bird!....

Anyhow, wishing everybody a very Happy & Prosperous New Year....

For a reason or two, I find that hilarious, dislike nosy neighbors. For balance, why dont you try yoga... or practice standing on one foot, dont raise your foot too high until you build solid balance? Just an idea I usually do with my clients. Step by step even myself.

I have decided that tomorrow, I'm going to quit smoking (AGAIN) not try, there is no try, only do. Also I'm going to start p90x again, I'd want to start on a Tuesday anyway so Monday, my day off, ends up my rest day. This time I'm going to finish it. Last time I quit after phase 2, going to do all 3 phases this time. Seriously thinking about signing up for a Tough Mudder this year too. I'd have to do it deaf, can't wear my hearing aids, but I think I can find some peeps to be on my team that won't mind me being totally deaf for it.

And going to bed earlier, I have GOT to quit my night owl routine, enough of that I'm pushing 40 for pete's sake lol :giggle:

Relapses? I would recommend dont worry about the past... think and give it plenty of love and courage to make it a success today. You CAN do it... Go all the way. I believe in you.

For everyone: my wife is a pack/pack and half a day smoker, and some of my clients who used to be a smoker.. used Chantix.. very successful but you have to take the pill twice a day... pro.. no nasty taste to the buds and more.. it worked awesome. Better than nicotine gums, and more. Just for your information.

Back