13 different ways you can destroy your vehicle

http://www.odometer.com/car-care/4667/13-ways-dumb-people-destroy-cars?drv=4667-fde#slide/5

I didn't realize that parking brake should be employed every time you park your vehicle. I did that only when I drove manual, but never for automatic. That is what happens when I live in the flat state of Illinois.

Hey, Derek. If you parked in my old Rogers Park neighborhood, you would have to deploy that parking brake, as putting it in neutral might not be enough, with how steep some of these hills are in that area.

Guess you never seen manual before and may never drive stick. I don't use parking brake either. BUT when you place tranny in neutral, then parking brake is a MUST otherwise it can roll without warning.

Even though I rarely throw in parking brake with manual as long as I put it in either 1st gear or reverse. Never had issue with it really.

Hey, Derek. If you parked in my old Rogers Park neighborhood, you would have to deploy that parking brake, as putting it in neutral might not be enough, with how steep some of these hills are in that area.

Guess you never seen manual before and may never drive stick. I don't use parking brake either. BUT when you place tranny in neutral, then parking brake is a MUST otherwise it can roll without warning.

Even though I rarely throw in parking brake with manual as long as I put it in either 1st gear or reverse. Never had issue with it really.

Actually I have. My Dad is a semi-truck driver, and in the years before industry regulations became more strict with passengers inside the trucks, I used to ride with him, so I know a thing or two about them, and when he parked, he had to deploy the air brake system. Without that, the truck won't stay put.

I can't hear half the warning sound my car made , they a high pitch sound which I do not hear.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM6x1iK-XY8[/ame]​

I went a gas station and told the guy check my window washer and to add more if was low . I paid and pulled out of the gas station and went to clean my window and all this greasy stuff is on my windshield ! The fool put the wrong stuff in my window washer and they had to drain it all out flush the crap out and I did not pay one bloody cent for this to be done. The owner for the station was pissed off at the guy for putting the wrong stuff in my car. I also know a guy that brought car and he could not find the gas cap ,
I told him were is was . So there are stupid men around too. I am so sick of these dumb blonde jokes .

No offense about the blonde jokes.. but yeah some people put wrong stuff in the car that ruins things. That's why I don't take mine to gas station or jiffy lube for that matter. I go to dealership or recommended independent shops to do the repair I need.

I went a gas station and told the guy check my window washer and to add more if was low . I paid and pulled out of the gas station and went to clean my window and all this greasy stuff is on my windshield ! The fool put the wrong stuff in my window washer and they had to drain it all out flush the crap out and I did not pay one bloody cent for this to be done. The owner for the station was pissed off at the guy for putting the wrong stuff in my car. I also know a guy that brought car and he could not find the gas cap ,
I told him were is was . So there are stupid men around too. I am so sick of these dumb blonde jokes .

No offense about the blonde jokes.. but yeah some people put wrong stuff in the car that ruins things. That's why I don't take mine to gas station or jiffy lube for that matter. I go to dealership or recommended independent shops to do the repair I need.

I thought it was safe to have a station gas check my window washer fluid , they did a full service and I thought what the heck . I when auto the was know to good recommended independent shop and I told the owner I think my starter is going on me. The jerk said I was getting paranoid and , I also told I needed my brakes fixed . He came back and said I need needed a new brake shoe and I said So I am NOT paranoid after all . His face got :Oops: and he said nothing. A month later my car would not start and I called AAA and guess what the guy it was my starter. So I was right . When you're a single woman and an older one some auto shops think you do not know what you're talking about and thy try to rip you off. There is no honest auto shop where I live. There was one but the guy retired.

Some people don't know what they're doing when it comes to cars or fixing something. I have a good friend who is a UPS mechanic, I ask him questions or need any suggestions. He has many mechanic friends owns or working in shops and he led me to one of the shops. I have no complaints for the work being done. We have the respect for each other and he is very nice to look at my car if there's any issues. I'd know what to tell the shop to fix it beforehand.

I have a friend who's quite skilled at fixing cars and making them look good. His friends would much rather he fix their vehicles than go to the shop-- he's that good.

A friend of mine who is a steam cleaner and cleans restaurants, didn't know you were supposed to change the oil on a vehicle at regular intervals and only added oil as needed. When his work truck hit 60,000 miles he decided it was time to change the oil and only got about a quart and a half out of the engine. He ended up taking the motor apart to clean all the gunk out of it and decided the steam cleaner with caustic soda would do a faster job than soaking the parts, so he went to work with the 600 degree water with caustic soda and proceeded to basically destroy what was left of his engine. He put it back together and he and his dad drove it ( sounding like a bucket of bolts) to a car lot and traded it in on a new truck. Lucky for him the dealer didn't test drive his truck because he never would of gotten the 3 grand in trade they gave him if they had.

Interesting...I have always used my parking brake no matter where I park. Just something I was taught I guess.

I pick up a latest BMW car for smog inspection, this car will not move when I shift to Reverse in automatic tranny with electric E-brake on. Just press a button on the console instead of the tradition handbrake, to disable E-Brake. Cool

Many many years ago I went to Jiffy Lube, stupid mistake. They ended up draining my transmission fluid but never replaced it.

I pick up a latest BMW car for smog inspection, this car will not move when I shift to Reverse in automatic tranny with electric E-brake on. Just press a button on the console instead of the tradition handbrake, to disable E-Brake. Cool

How about dash valve?

Some people don't know what they're doing when it comes to cars or fixing something. I have a good friend who is a UPS mechanic, I ask him questions or need any suggestions. He has many mechanic friends owns or working in shops and he led me to one of the shops. I have no complaints for the work being done. We have the respect for each other and he is very nice to look at my car if there's any issues. I'd know what to tell the shop to fix it beforehand.

You lucky. One customer that we service his vehicles, asked my manager, anyone in the shop, know how to repair broken bolts in the cylinder head, manager point at me as a customer look at me, like I come to see them for something, he wrote a note to me that he (customer) want to know if you can repair broken bolts in cylinder head. I say sure, what car? He was afraid to telling me... He say boat. I told him to bring a boat. He want me to come to the marina, take a look at the cylinder head. In few weeks later, I contact him to met him at his boat slip during my working hour about 1/2 mile to the marina from my work. I aboard the speedboat, to examine the broken bolts on the side of the cyl head, told him, Too Risk because of rusted head, can't do anything. But he offer high $$. I told him $250 dollars for repairs.... One week later, i brought a portable air compressor (shop's) and tools. Real hell f@@king work about 4 hours to restore 6 new threaded holes with Heli-coil inserts. He paid me $350 cash. He put a new exhaust manifold himself. Sweet customer..

Back