10-digital phone number

TheXandieBoy

Reaction score
When is release for 10-digital phone number? And, how I can get them?

Thanks for reply! :ty:

What's the difference between 10-digital phone number and DirectVP number ???

When is release for 10-digital phone number? And, how I can get them?

Thanks for reply! :ty:

You can get one right now from Sorenson, Viable or HORVS of your choice. Just ask the representative from either of those and she/he will give you one. Or wait until Jan. 1st 2009 and ALL relay services should have local ten-digit numbers ready to give out then.

What's the difference between 10-digital phone number and DirectVP number ???

What the different?

DirectVP and 10 digital numbers are pretty much same expect the long distance part that could charge on hearing phone bill, depend on their long distance plan.

If you are in same area and same where hearing people live, you can give them 10 digital numbers. If your friend or family that live out of area code or state, give them DirectVP that no charge on their phone bill long distance or lose their minutes of free long distance plans.

You can ask Sorenson for more information about that part. Important that your home address is current up to date.

You can get one right now from Sorenson, Viable or HORVS of your choice. Just ask the representative from either of those and she/he will give you one. Or wait until Jan. 1st 2009 and ALL relay services should have local ten-digit numbers ready to give out then.

Keep that mind... if people doesn't have computer or router. Just simple directly Modem to VP. Sorenson is easier since the HOVRS and Viable need up to date the IP Address while Sorenson system take care of it.

zerodog .... Thanks for explaination for the difference. Interesting but I gave my friends, hospital and doctors in my area my DirectVP numbers and they've used my DirectVP 866.... when they called me here with no problem. I just don't understand why bother to have 10 digital numbers when I don't want to confuse which numbers to give to. Is or will there be a law such as January 2009 that we must have 10 digital numbers?

What the different?

DirectVP and 10 digital numbers are pretty much same expect the long distance part that could charge on hearing phone bill, depend on their long distance plan.

If you are in same area and same where hearing people live, you can give them 10 digital numbers. If your friend or family that live out of area code or state, give them DirectVP that no charge on their phone bill long distance or lose their minutes of free long distance plans.

You can ask Sorenson for more information about that part. Important that your home address is current up to date.

From what I was told... after we get the local phone numbers, we can still keep the current DirectVP numbers for hearing people that don't live in our local calling zones. The reason we are getting local phone numbers is for the 911 system to recongise where we are located so they can send help quickly and etc.

I had gotten new 10-digital number from SorensonVRS last two week ago. Throw away my old proxy (fake) number. I have both of new number and directIP number in my VP. But they are not ready to use 10-digital number for connecting to other Videophone as VPAD, OJO, MVP, etc... till January 1, 2009.

End of this year, we possible will have own 10-digital number.

zerodog .... Thanks for explaination for the difference. Interesting but I gave my friends, hospital and doctors in my area my DirectVP numbers and they've used my DirectVP 866.... when they called me here with no problem. I just don't understand why bother to have 10 digital numbers when I don't want to confuse which numbers to give to. Is or will there be a law such as January 2009 that we must have 10 digital numbers?

It is okay for you keep DirectVP instead of 10 digital numbers, it will appear their caller id display what number you want to display in near future before end of year or begin of year.

Why do we need ten digital numbers, you can compare yourself... for example; you apply the job if you have partner... you can ask her/him before you do it. You apply ten digital numbers and partner's application job with directvp. It may show you the different and they may comfortable with ten digital numbers.

It hearing mind point of view that DirectVP view in hearing world. The toll-free number isn't free for people who have one in their number. Even live in state and still charge per minutes while ten digital number isn't charge anything if live in same local.

Some they feel comfortable that ten digital number knows that you live that area and able to contact you. Some are legal issue such as your SSN background check that be sure same ten digital number that physical where you live due they tend not accept toll free numbers. The big mistake for our credit history that tend to show Relay toll number come first on record and suspect that we could be steal the SSN which it not true. Happen to me, it appear Sorenson toll free number until now I can use my ten digital number :)

Compare of what those talk about all device can contact each other with ten digital numbers, it will work for DirectVP too.

Beside it is free to have ten digital numbers... Yea, I do not know what your toll number looks like easy or bit confusing sometime when you gave them out while you can use 10 digital number base on where you live.

It just small basic thing about those two numbers on benefit due legal issue that couldn't accept DirectVP# and they want regular home phone number.

hope that make sense.

End of this year, we possible will have own 10-digital number.

No, it not "possible", all VRS have those numbers or equipment get ready order by FCC's expection by Dec 31, 2008 11:59pm at 59 seconds.

Again, if you already have DirectVP or you haven't still can get DirectVP numbers at no costs.

I had gotten new 10-digital number from SorensonVRS last two week ago. Throw away my old proxy (fake) number. I have both of new number and directIP number in my VP. But they are not ready to use 10-digital number for connecting to other Videophone as VPAD, OJO, MVP, etc... till January 1, 2009.

Yes it can, but the question is... are those SVP, VPAD, OJO, and MVP has it ready for one number to run? The problem is their server; for exampe, in old history that house only have one telephone per house until it can multi-telephone per house. How that work? It base on telephone's server system on whatever that version from past to present. The question, are those VRS do have one and again by FCC say one default provider of VRS.

No, it not "possible", all VRS have those numbers or equipment get ready order by FCC's expection by Dec 31, 2008 11:59pm at 59 seconds.

Again, if you already have DirectVP or you haven't still can get DirectVP numbers at no costs.

well, I don't know if it's confirm on schedule.

I wouldn't recommend DirectVP because it goes thru Sorenson VRS, and that their VRS response always gets too long for you to wait and wait till the next available VRS interpreter to pop up for you. SVRS stinks!

Run off from them (SVRS) but use CSDVRS or HOVRS where their response is more than often quicker! :lol:

I wouldn't recommend DirectVP because it goes thru Sorenson VRS, and that their VRS response always gets too long for you to wait and wait till the next available VRS interpreter to pop up for you. SVRS stinks!

Run off from them (SVRS) but use CSDVRS or HOVRS where their response is more than often quicker! :lol:
Well, I don't know how the SVRS system works, but whenever I call SVRS, it is always prompt without any delay.

Umm... My family doesn't wait that long and even I try myself.. it not that long.. When the last time you use them?

So is this 10-digit phone number useful only for VRS? What about Webcaptel? Thanks.

Back