AllDeaf.com
Mobile - Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Relationships > Parenting
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Unread 09-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
frankiesmom

update on frankie

well, the surgery went great..but i feel so guilty! he looks pitiful when he is attached to his feeding tube/iv pole thing. it is helping though..he is sleeping through the night more and is overall more content.
right now i am in a frantic search for his hearing aids because i cant remember where i put them!!!
frankiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #2
AJWSmith

Thanks for the update. Hugs to you all
Unread 09-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
Sunshine
Banned

People just wonder about Frankie! Thanks update! Glad hear he well
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
ash345
Audist Free Zone

so happy to see that he is doing well... feeding tubes are not easy for anyone, but at least he is getting the nutrition he needs!

"Love and dreams are miraculous, they don't need to be heard or said or translated, only felt"

That Deaf Girl
ash345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
frankiesmom

i just hope i can find his damn hearing aids..i seriously cant remember where i put them!! and without them, he cant hear his baby music
Unread 09-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
ash345
Audist Free Zone

I hope you can find them... my suggestions for searching (you may have already looked in most of these places) his diaper bag, look by his bed, under his bed, on the changing table, under and behind it, in the living room (look under furniture) and... in the freezer... (i know its weird... but sometimes it works)

"Love and dreams are miraculous, they don't need to be heard or said or translated, only felt"

That Deaf Girl
Unread 09-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #7
Sunshine
Banned

Tell other kids $5 to whomever find HAs first. Kids find anything especially motivate money!!!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #8
Frisky Feline

hope he's feeling much better. also hope you ll find his hearing aid. maybe it is in his bed or toy room??? also hope you are doing well.
Frisky Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #9
AlleyCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_signs View Post
Tell other kids $5 to whomever find HAs first. Kids find anything especially motivate money!!!
Good idea!
AlleyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #10
frankiesmom

i found them!!! i left them in the dehumidifying thing!
thank god..and this is after we accidentally left them at the drs office the day before yesterday..i dont even remember putting them in there but i guess i did. yay!
im doing ok..just very stressed, and pretty unhappy, to be honest..i was totally hoping that his delays were from being deaf...but it seems like every week brings a new issue that shows that its definitely not the cause. it just sucks ass, really. :/
Unread 09-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #11
Beach girl

Aw. Hugs to you! And I'm so glad you found the aids in the dehumidifier.

I am the sort of struggling housekeeper who has to have a place for things, or I'll forget where I put them. So my keys (separate sets of house keys and car keys, ALWAYS go on the key rack holder thingie by the door; reusable grocery bags on a big hook in the closet, hearing aids in dehumidifier if not in my ears. Looks like you automatically did that too, and thankfully, saved you the stress of really losing them!

So hold on to your sanity, girl. You obviously have some coping mechanisms in place that you weren't even aware of.

You've got a long road ahead, for sure, but day by day, one foot in front of the other, you have come such a long way over the last few months in figuring out Frankie's problems and what you can do about them. Congrats to you for that, and I'm sure you'll keep on doing that as the days and weeks roll on. You don't have to figure it out all at once - one day at a time, and you'll keep finding what you need.
Beach girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #12
RachelRene

Send a message via Skype™ to RachelRene
Big hugs to you. Hang in there, mama.
RachelRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #13
LoveBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiesmom View Post
And I was going to say look in the last place you'd expect to find them...but you should have looked in the first place you'd expect to find them.
LoveBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #14
ash345
Audist Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBlue View Post
And I was going to say look in the last place you'd expect to find them...but you should have looked in the first place you'd expect to find them.
haha! thats why i recommended the freezer.

That Deaf Girl
Unread 09-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #15
Smithtr
Web development/Graphic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_signs View Post
that is great sound
Unread 09-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #16
jillio
Banned

Quote:
well, the surgery went great..but i feel so guilty! he looks pitiful when he is attached to his feeding tube/iv pole thing. it is helping though..he is sleeping through the night more and is overall more content.
right now i am in a frantic search for his hearing aids because i cant remember where i put them!!!
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to keep us updated. He will soon adjust to the changes he is currently experiencing, but it is a mother's nature to feel guilty about anything that disrupts our child's constancy.
jillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 07:48 PM   #17
deafskeptic
Premium Member

Quote:
thank god..and this is after we accidentally left them at the drs office the day before yesterday..i dont even remember putting them in there but i guess i did. yay!
im doing ok..just very stressed, and pretty unhappy, to be honest..i was totally hoping that his delays were from being deaf...but it seems like every week brings a new issue that shows that its definitely not the cause. it just sucks ass, really. :/
Hey, I'm glad ot hear from you about also a little sad at the news you hve to bear to us. I hope you get some relief from all the stress you have.

Think Pink.
FREE JILLIO!
deafskeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #18
deafskeptic
Premium Member

Quote:
Glad you found them!

Think Pink.
FREE JILLIO!
deafskeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #19
Sarfarigirl2011

that's good! and I never lose my hearing aids since my beige *old* and my new purple ones are easy 2 spot
Sarfarigirl2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #20
deafdyke

Send a message via AIM to deafdyke
Quote:
Ah, the syndrome "another problem?" sort of thing. I feel for you. But he is progressiving with HA right? It's also somewhat possible that if he is diganosed with a syndrome, there might be a treatment for the cognitive issues. It's also possible he will do more and accomplish more then you could ever think.
deafdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2011, 04:22 PM   #21
frankiesmom

he is doing about the same, and that is good because i personally think he hears more than they think, or else hes adapted pretty well. he doesnt really respond to us talking to him but he does enjoy music.
Unread 09-16-2011, 04:23 PM   #22
Smithtr
Web development/Graphic

Quote:
he is doing about the same, and that is good because i personally think he hears more than they think, or else hes adapted pretty well. he doesnt really respond to us talking to him but he does enjoy music.
that is good! great he is pretty hear can enjoy!
Unread 09-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #23
frankiesmom

yep, he LOVES music..he still hasnt learned any signs but he does enjoy hearing baby songs and stuff, so that is something, right? he has also learned what "no" means..if hes messing with something, and i tell him no..he stops!
Unread 09-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #24
sallylou
Potterhead and Janeite

Wirelessly posted (droid)

What a good kid. Glad that he's enjoying himself.
Unread 09-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #25
rebeccalj

Quote:
Hang in there Mumma. I am not religious now but my upbringing left one thing with me. We are *never* given anything that we cannot handle even if it seems like we can't at the time. People come into our lives for a reason. To teach us something about ourselves. Frankie has come into your life for a reason, too.

You are a strong, capable and loving, loving mother!

Frankie is a gift to you. He is a beautiful boy who is much loved by his family. That is obvious.

Try to imagine what your life would look like without him and I think you would feel hole in heart at the thought. My two youngest were *BIG* surprises to me but I would never, ever change that.

rebeccalj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #26
rebeccalj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillio View Post
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to keep us updated. He will soon adjust to the changes he is currently experiencing, but it is a mother's nature to feel guilty about anything that disrupts our child's constancy.
As soon as children are born they come with built in 'Mum guilt-o-meter.'

I never used to feel guilty about too much until I have kids.
Unread 09-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #27
rebeccalj

Quote:
yep, he LOVES music..he still hasnt learned any signs but he does enjoy hearing baby songs and stuff, so that is something, right? he has also learned what "no" means..if hes messing with something, and i tell him no..he stops!
Small victories to some are huge victories to others.
Unread 09-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #28
Babyblue

You all are in my thoughts. I am glad he is doing better with the tube. He is sleeping more and now you found his hearing aids so he can enjoy the music. The small things in life is what makes it all better.
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #29
frankiesmom

thanks! now i do have a question..i remember back when we were going to send him to the deaf preschool, they mentioned an fm system..i havent thought much about it since but i wonder if we had one, if he would hear me talk more clearly? i know he can hear, and i just bet if he could hear a tiny bit better, it would help him immensely.
Unread 09-17-2011, 06:01 PM   #30
Bottesini
Your Name Here!

Quote:
thanks! now i do have a question..i remember back when we were going to send him to the deaf preschool, they mentioned an fm system..i havent thought much about it since but i wonder if we had one, if he would hear me talk more clearly? i know he can hear, and i just bet if he could hear a tiny bit better, it would help him immensely.
Yes he would.