AllDeaf.com
Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Unread 03-21-2011, 04:57 AM   #1
AquaBlue

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MLB 2011 Thread!

How is your team doing now? Are they on a roll, or a slump so far and why?

My Florida Marlins have some new arms in the pen. Last year's relievers, terrible pitchers, are out and new pitchers are in place for 2011 season. We have one new regular starter who has been replaced/traded so the rest of the starters remain for 2011 (which is good news). The front office has made some very good moves this off season and I can't want for April when we play the Mets on opening day.

Go fish!

__
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
Sharky99

Location: Sharkland *I'm prime minister and ya aint gonna get in or there gonna be war!! hahaha!!*
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Your Marlins will be known as the Miami Marlins for next year.. so I guess we will see the Florida Marlins logos and name branded around tv for the last time ever before the name change is official for next year...
Sharky99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
AquaBlue

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes. Many, many changes indeed.
Unread 03-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #4
rolling7
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Houston astros....sameoldsameold 50/50 team
rolling7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
hohDougRN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to hohDougRN Send a message via Yahoo to hohDougRN
Braves started nice, but last 3 days not so well. What I have seen the first week may be a good example how things may go this season. Either way I'll be watching and rooting of course.
Unread 04-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
authentic

Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
RedSox 0 - 5 I lol hard.
Unread 04-08-2011, 12:26 AM   #7
Mister Potts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mister Potts
Here's to the Rockies! 5 - 1
Mister Potts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #8
Stormy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hope the Yankees won't win the WS this year. Those greedy bastards.
Stormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #9
AquaBlue

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Potts View Post
My Marlins face the Rockies soon. I am worry. The Rockies are a good squad.
Unread 04-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #10
AquaBlue

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey! What's up? No one want to talk about baseball? What's wrong with ya guys?
Unread 04-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #11
AquaBlue

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We are half a game behind the Phillies who are in first place in our division. Note: my Marlins are the youngest team in baseball and look how good we are playing. Can anyone say world championships in two to three years!? I can. Go fish!
Unread 04-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #12
hohDougRN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I highly doubt Marlins will win a ring in next 2-3 years. Reason is the Marlins haven't exactly demonstrated that they are willing to increase their payroll from the doldrums of MLB. If a young athlete blossoms and their contract is ending the Marlins will usually trade the player or lose them to free agency market. Yes, the Marlins did win it all in 97 and 03 with very low payrolls, but things have changed a lot since then. When Marlins only get a few thousand fans per game, it doesn't exactly show the fans care a lot anyways. Hanley Ramirez is one of the only examples that Marlins have so far kept a high profile playe as well as Josh Johnson. Logan Morrison, Gaby Sanches and Mike Stanton are great young players and show a lot of promise also so we'll have to see if Marlins hang on to those three. Uggla was traded to the Braves in offseason as well.

I do agree that the Marlins have gotten of to a nice start, and have gotten a few great outings by their pitchers, but with only 3 weeks of the season played, its hard for me to be convinced. Hopefully they prove me wrong, because I do like when low market teams compete for a whole season + with a payroll thats half of that of larger markets.

Oh yeah, Marlins need a new damn stadium for the longest time eek
Unread 04-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #13
Beach girl

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Shout out here to fellow Red Sox fans. I'm a transplanted member of the Red Sox nation, used to live in Boston years ago. They put something in the water to make you a RS fan for life if you've ever lived there. ;-)

This year - ay yi yi. So far, not so good.
Beach girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #14
hohDougRN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Potts View Post
And now the 13-5 Rockies! Woah, they are off to a good start. I must say Tulowitzki could very well contend for the Triple Crown this season. He is simply awesome to watch, and also his fielding- what a cannon! All this with Ubaldo Jimenez on the 15 day DL (coming off today or tomorrow). Chacin and De La Rosa have been fabulous, may be interesting to see how they keep that up. So far the Rockies have definately been my favorite team to watch, and I am happy to see that they have tremendous fan support as they are easily drawing 25,000 + on weekday games and >30-35,000 on weekend games.
Unread 04-23-2011, 12:46 AM   #15
AquaBlue

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohDougRN View Post
I highly doubt Marlins will win a ring in next 2-3 years. Reason is the Marlins haven't exactly demonstrated that they are willing to increase their payroll from the doldrums of MLB. If a young athlete blossoms and their contract is ending the Marlins will usually trade the player or lose them to free agency market. Yes, the Marlins did win it all in 97 and 03 with very low payrolls, but things have changed a lot since then. When Marlins only get a few thousand fans per game, it doesn't exactly show the fans care a lot anyways. Hanley Ramirez is one of the only examples that Marlins have so far kept a high profile playe as well as Josh Johnson. Logan Morrison, Gaby Sanches and Mike Stanton are great young players and show a lot of promise also so we'll have to see if Marlins hang on to those three. Uggla was traded to the Braves in offseason as well.

I do agree that the Marlins have gotten of to a nice start, and have gotten a few great outings by their pitchers, but with only 3 weeks of the season played, its hard for me to be convinced. Hopefully they prove me wrong, because I do like when low market teams compete for a whole season + with a payroll thats half of that of larger markets.

Oh yeah, Marlins need a new damn stadium for the longest time eek
I respectfully disagree with most of what you said. Today we pitched a near no no against the Rocks, and the Rocks are a darn good squad. We are the youngest team in baseball. The new park will bring new excitement to Miami. and yes, we will will a world championship within the next four years. You can take that to the back. Go fish!!
Unread 05-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #16
hohDougRN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, the NL East has some seriously wicked pitchers. I am so very happy the Braves are playing well again. I'm especially pleased that the highest starter's ERA is 3.22 (Derek Lowe) Please please please start hitting more though
Unread 05-17-2011, 12:07 PM   #17
Royale

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Royals Pitcher Pounded for 14 Runs in 19-1 Loss to Indians - FoxNews.com

This story got me so disgusted. The Royals kept him on the mound after he was being hit hard hard and hard. In the end he was charged with 14 earned runs.
Royale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #18
Beach girl

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm watching the Cubs at Boston on mlb gameday right now. Classic match-up; Cubs have not played at Fenway since 1918. RS leading right now, 10 - 5.

Double-screening it, also watching Washington Nationals at Baltimore. Nats are blowing the O's out of the water, 15 - 5 right now. O's are gonna be glad to get this thing over with.
Beach girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2011, 10:23 PM   #19
AquaBlue

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Marlins are 6 games above .500 and in second place in the division! Go fish!!
Unread 06-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #20
hohDougRN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It rough that Florida has Josh Johnson and now Hanley Ramirez on DL. Oooo they get to matchup with Braves tonight but its not like Braves have been playing very well.

Now that we're 60 games in, it seems like most of season long predictions are kind of falling into place now. Giants, Cards, and Phils in 1st, and Yankees, Texas are in 1st. Only real suprise has been Cleveland but they have been sliding fast and Detroit been catching them.

Congrats to Twins, Mariners, Brewers and Diamondbacks for making some big moves and all playing good recently.
Unread 06-17-2011, 01:25 AM   #21
hohDougRN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
70 games now into the season and just over 3 weeks until the All Star Game. For those who haven't voted for the All Stars go to MLB.com where ballots are available, and also all MLB ballparks will have ballots there as well.

It seems to me this is a very pitcher friendly year with all the Shutouts and complete games thrown already. Also this year we can break the record of most rainouts in a season if we keep getting a few. Feel bad for MLB trying to reschedule those games.

My team (Braves) are going through bit of injury issues themselves, on top of the already low run support for their pitching. Lets hope the last 10 days will be the beginning of more good things to come as far as scoring more runs.

Im not sure, but what the heck has happened to the Indians, Marlins, Texans,
Astros, Oakland A's, and the Cardinals?! The last 10 days havent been kind to those teams.

My teams of the WEEK:

1- Minnesota Twins; despite their very terrible start, the Twins have cut a 15.5 games behind 1st place to 9 games behind 1st place since the start of June. Maybe they'll keep it up maybe not. Morneau goes back to the DL just as Mauer is set to come back this weekend. If they can overcome this and keep their decent pitching, they could make a run. Keep it going guys!

2- Philladelphia Phillies: As much as it hurt me to say that the Phillies have 7 wins in a row and are putting more space behind them for second place with 5 game lead over the second place Braves. If the Phills stay healthy they should continue to slowly widen their lead over the next month.

3-Boston Red Sox: Winners of 11 of their last 12 games to get past the Yanks and currently reside in 1st place. They are averaging 9 runs/game in that current stretch.

4-Pittsburg Pirates; 35-33 now which is the deepest in a season they have been over .500 record in who knows how many years. Keep it up guys, your pitching has been great and run support is pretty good.
Unread 07-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #22
MichaelS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nats are gonna go all the way, though whether it's to the Series or straight to the off-season and "do not pass go do not collect $200"....
MichaelS is offline   Reply With Quote