Pocket Money !

Wanna earn lots of money?

Here's a tip how to get $10 million in 1 year...

Start off with 10cents
add it every day so it goes like this

Day 1 - 10
Day 2 - 20c
Day 3 - 40c
Day 4 - 80c and etc.

good luck with it :D

Chajukin said:
Here's a tip how to get $10 million in 1 year...

Start off with 10cents
add it every day so it goes like this

Day 1 - 10
Day 2 - 20c
Day 3 - 40c
Day 4 - 80c and etc.

good luck with it :D
Actually, you're wrong. You would get much more... much, much, much more!

Let's try something different. If you were to start off with one penny on January 1, 2004 and double it each day, you would have a total of:

Code:
$1,503,067,252,975,253,265,849,267,581,945,175,697,520,436,831,301,324,717,252,666,221,780,613,776,073,349,403,816,767,358,966,251,969,940,438,384.63

Last edited:
VamPyroX said:
Actually, you're wrong. You would get much more... much, much, much more!

Let's try something different. If you were to start off with one penny on January 1, 2004 and double it each day, you would have a total of:

Code:
$1,503,067,252,975,253,265,849,267,581,945,175,697,520,436,831,301,324,717,252,666,221,780,613,776,073,349,403,816,767,358,966,251,969,940,438,384.63

SHIT! That is like the entire planet's money supply. :shock:

Well, during time I receive no pocket money from my parents because they can´t afford... I hardly get everything from them...
I work at kitchen to wash the dishes in the pub during school holiday to earn my own pocket money when I was 11 years old...

Well, my sons received their monthly allowance...

My both sons received allowance every month since they were toddlers. I taught them to put 1 DM (Deutsche Marke) in Saving pig. They received the praised from Bank once a year when I emptied their saving pig to Bank to add their saving book.

I increase 1 DM on each year to follow their aged until when they were 6 years old to understand something what they want at shop. They throw their monthly allowance real fast on the same time they get from me. Few weeks later they asked me for more money. I asked them: "What you do want more which you bought something already with monthly allowance last week"? They said nothing. I said with firmly NO. I explained them that I would improve their allowance if they helped me with housework or garden (something like tidy up or go to get drink etc or put away etc). I ignored their grumpy look... They begin to notice that their savings grow very slowly than before... I explained them why their savings grow slowly because they didn't add few of their monthly allowance in their saving pig but throw all of their monthly allowance on nonsense things. They look surprised then add 1.-- in their saving pig every monthly... They did which it's good.

My eldest son (11) received €11.-- a month to follow his age. Accord Bank, the children from 10 years old are allow to use AIM card to buy anything accord their parent's guardians. I transfer €11.-- to his account every monthly which it started last year. I'm surprised that he is learn to manage with his money well. No problem with him but he bought music CD, PC ROM & card collecting YI GI UI or Magic but with my second son....

My second son (8) received €8.-- a month aco follow his age. I handle him €8 every end of month. He put €1.-- in saving pig but he throw all of his monthly allowance on silly things real faster. I warned him to not buy anything without tell/ask me first. He always give a good answer back... Well, his answer: "This is my money". I answered him back: "This monthly allowance I gave you is the voluntarily". He said.... He respect me & show me where he like to buy... I explained him why I think it's no good etc... until I'm approve what he can buy...

My sons know my upbrings limit... They only received big gift from us is only Easter, Birthday & Christmas. We discussed what they wish...

I only Give Markus Money Only if he brings home Good Grades on his Report Card...

I Take them Out to Toys R Us instead of Giving them Money and they get to buy something at the Store Only if They were Good and helping Out when needed...

I used to have a weekly allowance of $10 when I was young. It eventually went up to $20. One time, I wanted to buy a video game console, Sega Genesis. My dad said that he would never buy me one so I skipped lunch for a few weeks just to save up $200 for that.

I used to get an allowance.. But my dad always tied to to things like doing the dishes or something. Then the older we got, the less money he had, so he didnt give us an allowance. We had become dependent on our allowances, so we didnt do our chores cause we werent getting paid for it. He tried to do that token program, which we didnt like, and then my uncle offered to give my sister and I allowances but my dad said no. On top of that we didnt get "special bonuses" you know? Christmas was ok, Easter was pretty funny but minimal.

When I moved in with my birth mom when I was a senior in HS (17 till i was 18) she would give me 10 bucks for every A I got on my report card, for B's I'd get a "you can do better than that" and if I got C's, I'd have to pay 10 bucks for every C and be punished till my next report card. I also received 20 bucks a month, and I did not work. I was always bored :) But if I wanted something, all I had to do was ask. What a life. My mom and her husband are total dictators, but I learned a lot in that year.

pinkster said:
I used to get an allowance.. But my dad always tied to to things like doing the dishes or something. Then the older we got, the less money he had, so he didnt give us an allowance. We had become dependent on our allowances, so we didnt do our chores cause we werent getting paid for it. He tried to do that token program, which we didnt like, and then my uncle offered to give my sister and I allowances but my dad said no. On top of that we didnt get "special bonuses" you know? Christmas was ok, Easter was pretty funny but minimal.

When I moved in with my birth mom when I was a senior in HS (17 till i was 18) she would give me 10 bucks for every A I got on my report card, for B's I'd get a "you can do better than that" and if I got C's, I'd have to pay 10 bucks for every C and be punished till my next report card. I also received 20 bucks a month, and I did not work. I was always bored :) But if I wanted something, all I had to do was ask. What a life. My mom and her husband are total dictators, but I learned a lot in that year.
My dad sorta did the same thing. I had allowances until I started working. Now, the only "allowances" my parents give me are birthday money. Heh!

*pump*

My both sons still receive money allowance for their money pocket every month from us... The money allowance was transfer from our bank account to their account. They learn to manage money thru money pocket... that what they can buy or not... (We are lucky that we have store law here for not allow to sell the children adult DVD, PC games, cigarettes, alcoholc, music etc. until they are 18 years old.)

*bump* for any newbies...

Well, my both sons still receive money allowance from us every month... The money allowance transfer from our bank account to their account. They learn to manage money thru money pocket... that what they can buy or not... (We are lucky that we have store law here for not allow to sell the children adult DVD, PC games, cigarettes, alcoholc, music etc. until they are 18 years old.)

http://money.msn.co.uk/Bank_Plan/savings/Journals/StashThatCash/PocketMoney/default.asp

eh when i was young i get 5 bucks a week but that goes to my bank so when i turned 18 my grandmother said at the age of 21 u ll be able to get your trust fund which was fine andi didnt know how much i had at the time and rememver back in the 80s/early 90s money was big for me so i got a sum of 5k in the trust fun and in the 3 short yrs later it depleted, due to fiances and paying bills. so in all aspect that was a learning lesson and i have had bad budgeting ovetr the yrs but as i age now, im getting better and not overdrawing with my lousy math skills ehhh but this is good considering im almost done paying of 2 credit card bills YAY.... those came first those bills had to come first before anyone or anything... now i know what to do and how to maintain my bills properly and here in hawaii, i dont have to worry abt mailing my checks cuz i just don't like it, i perfer to pay in person and knowing i paid my bills helps me stick with my budgeting. :)

for kids now days thier spending money like water because they want things and aren't taught with what they NEED. like i did i was taught a little bit abt that but i knew when i ran out of someting i need for like school or myself u know ladies things i would get it myself other than that its on me if i blow the money.

Interesting debate forum over children pocket money... I´m agree some of their posts.

Should children be given pocket money or not?

http://www.dimdima.com/forumnw/message.asp?
Tid=53&q_title=Children's+Pocket+Money+

I´m agree to some of their posts...

I think it's good for kids to have pocket money because they can learn to manage and understand the value of money

I think that kids should have pocket money because it gives you a sense of responsibility.

Children should be given pocket money and also, they have to be taught as to how they can spend their money.

I think it gives children the responsibility and independence a child needs, however it can lead to problems with friens if you get more than them or less than them, but I agree with pocket money.

I think that pocket money helps to prepare children for the future, by saving up and managing your finance, I also get 5 pound a week and I like the idea of having my own savings

Yes,children should be given pocket money so that they they can think where to spent money. Though PARENTS give them money, they should ask the children where they have spent money so that parents will be aware that their children are not going on wrong way. Pocket money will also enable to keep the children proper account & make their way in limited money.

javapride said:
eh when i was young i get 5 bucks a week but that goes to my bank so when i turned 18 my grandmother said at the age of 21 u ll be able to get your trust fund which was fine andi didnt know how much i had at the time and rememver back in the 80s/early 90s money was big for me so i got a sum of 5k in the trust fun and in the 3 short yrs later it depleted, due to fiances and paying bills. so in all aspect that was a learning lesson and i have had bad budgeting ovetr the yrs but as i age now, im getting better and not overdrawing with my lousy math skills ehhh but this is good considering im almost done paying of 2 credit card bills YAY.... those came first those bills had to come first before anyone or anything... now i know what to do and how to maintain my bills properly and here in hawaii, i dont have to worry abt mailing my checks cuz i just don't like it, i perfer to pay in person and knowing i paid my bills helps me stick with my budgeting. :)

for kids now days thier spending money like water because they want things and aren't taught with what they NEED. like i did i was taught a little bit abt that but i knew when i ran out of someting i need for like school or myself u know ladies things i would get it myself other than that its on me if i blow the money.

Yeah, the reason I expose my children an earlier to learn how to responsible with money... It´s value for them to understand with money...

When I was young and do chores for my parent mostly I do whole household and earn 2 dollars in 2 weeks allowance..

Todays... My children are extreme luckily because spoiled!
My children gets 5 dollars every friday after 4pm and also do their chores earn 50 Cent clean their room and also 1 dollar do chores help mom or Dad's chores likely eg:Dishes, Garbage, vacumming and much things do chores earn 1dollar.

Example:
my child get 5 dollars their allowance... and their chores do: Dishes.. will earn 6.00 dollars that is it..
If want more another chores... Garbage.. will extra another 1 dollars will be 7.00 dollars.

Increase their responbile chores...
If child did clean their bedroom 50 cent extra... If suppose 50 cent x 5 days 2.50 + 5.00 = 7.50 if child did another chores willl extra more.

Our family rules..
Simalir alike employment job... We want show them understand...
My daughter really want job newspaper and will get their own pay check.
I will appluase my daughter doing work hard her job newspaper. I cannot wait she'll get next couple pay check. When she receives pay check, I will help her set up her own bank account and have to try save her money some little petties deposit her account bank and what she really want her goal to buy something.
Part of her responbiles *growing* :D

Yeah, I do give my boys their allowance every 2 weeks only if they have good grades on their report cards, clean their own room up, do a few jobs around the house and read book 20 mins a day , if they fail to do one of those step, we take dollar off of their allowances and that inculding fighting or picking on each others too.....

I give them 10 dollars every 2 weeks...

They have to show their part in order to deserves an allowances that just how it goes!

My foster mom gave me $10 a week and then another $10 a week if I went to church (only reason I went to church, LOL) totaling to $20 a week, which was PLENTY!

Back