AllDeaf.com
Mobile - Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Advertisement > Deaf Events & Meets
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-30-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
Chevy57
Sherlock Hound
 
Chevy57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: O..HI..O!
Posts: 10,977
Deaf Nation World Expo at Las Vegas Report

The Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas was buzzing with activity and hands were flying everywhere you turned during the week of July 18-23, 2010. More than 23,400 unique visitors from 73 different countries came to Las Vegas for the DeafNation World Conference and Expo (DNWE).

DeafNation DeafNation World Expo

You would like your feedback in making this decision.


I think that I would like to select other cities. Not Las Vegas
Chevy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on AllDeaf.com
   
Unread 07-30-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
PowerON
Registered User
 
PowerON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 37.5, 126.9
Posts: 10,829
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via AIM to PowerON Send a message via Yahoo to PowerON Send a message via Skype™ to PowerON
someone told it's over 30,000 to 40,000. Look like they're wrong. Maybe it's 30,000+ when they're not register and wander around out of expo.
__________________
ē [Illustrator.Blog-alloon.com] ē
Don't shoot me! I'm only blogger!
PowerON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
Kalista
Premium Member
 
Kalista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 8,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerON View Post
someone told it's over 30,000 to 40,000. Look like they're wrong. Maybe it's 30,000+ when they're not register and wander around out of expo.
It has been confirm 23,400 people. Check on



DeafNation DeafNation World Expo
Kalista is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
PowerON
Registered User
 
PowerON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 37.5, 126.9
Posts: 10,829
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via AIM to PowerON Send a message via Yahoo to PowerON Send a message via Skype™ to PowerON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalista View Post
It has been confirm 23,400 people. Check on



DeafNation DeafNation World Expo
I already aware of it as I read it.

And I just tell that I saw other weblog who make assume the number which is too much. lol
__________________
ē [Illustrator.Blog-alloon.com] ē
Don't shoot me! I'm only blogger!
PowerON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #5
Frisky Feline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 24,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy57 View Post
The Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas was buzzing with activity and hands were flying everywhere you turned during the week of July 18-23, 2010. More than 23,400 unique visitors from 73 different countries came to Las Vegas for the DeafNation World Conference and Expo (DNWE).

DeafNation DeafNation World Expo

You would like your feedback in making this decision.


I think that I would like to select other cities. Not Las Vegas
why other cities, not las vegas?
Frisky Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
authentic
Registered User
 
authentic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 6,969
I voted Los Angeles for next DeafNation World Expo host, because of Hollywood, Beach, and Disneyland. I am sure MORE THAN 23,400 people will go to Los Angeles.
__________________
authentic is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2010, 12:59 PM   #7
Chevy57
Sherlock Hound
 
Chevy57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: O..HI..O!
Posts: 10,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisky Feline View Post
why other cities, not las vegas?
Well, If Las Vegas win in vote, should not be summer season. too hot! I like spring or autumn.
Chevy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #8
Chevy57
Sherlock Hound
 
Chevy57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: O..HI..O!
Posts: 10,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic View Post
I voted Los Angeles for next DeafNation World Expo host, because of Hollywood, Beach, and Disneyland. I am sure MORE THAN 23,400 people will go to Los Angeles.
What s about Orlando?
Chevy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 02:16 AM   #9
ComputerLover
Registered User
 
ComputerLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 485
i got email,
i was there at deafnation world expo on july 18 to 23rd
I don't know anything about it happen, whether it is true or not
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have u heard the 7 rapes occurred... Treasure Island manager billed to Deaf Expo owner, the Barrishes 32 thousand dollars plus the Expo Hall someone who stole TV and others the Venetain billed again for some thousand dollars for some damages .... They at the Expo planned badly .

Next Deaf Expo will be in Europe in 2014
ComputerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 02:57 AM   #10
The Highlander
Registered User
 
The Highlander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy57 View Post
Well, If Las Vegas win in vote, should not be summer season. too hot! I like spring or autumn.
OH! We went to LV from last year and it was 117F. I like LV's weather than IL. IL is awful for very high humidity for summer and spring. I got heavy sweat so easy at 85F with very high humidity but we got little sweat from LV so we don't complained. I am happy that LV is very low humidity.
__________________
"There are a lot of people that donít like this software. It is because they donít understand how to use the software and donít realize itís potential."
The Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #11
Tousi
Registered User
 
Tousi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 16,956
ComputerLover, source for the 2014 Europe Deaf World Expo?
Tousi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #12
ComputerLover
Registered User
 
ComputerLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 485
Quote:
tousi:
ComputerLover, source for the 2014 Europe Deaf World Expo?
i dunno----- wait see... next ???
ComputerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 12:37 AM   #13
eternity
Registered User
 
eternity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,783
I heard the rumor.. The DeafNation World Expo 2015 will be hosted in France. I tried to find the facts.. I couldn't find any info anything about it yet.
eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 06:15 AM   #14
katz4life
Registered User
 
katz4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Queen City
Posts: 1,590
Send a message via AIM to katz4life
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerLover View Post

Have u heard the 7 rapes occurred...

Next Deaf Expo will be in Europe in 2014
Got proof? Was there newspaper article about the rapes? You mean it happened at Treasure Island hotel/casino or all within Deaf events in LV during that week? I wouldn't be surprised if Stefan Vaseliescu did. He's got a look of a rapist.

Well, someone told me that World Deaf Expo in 2014 will be taken place in Orlando. I know it's not confirmed yet about the location.
katz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #15
PowerON
Registered User
 
PowerON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 37.5, 126.9
Posts: 10,829
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via AIM to PowerON Send a message via Yahoo to PowerON Send a message via Skype™ to PowerON
There are many CON on why would DeafNation be host in other country.

- Too many here in US cannot attend to other country
- Will be small amount of people, lack sponsor for deaf
- Sell equipment aren't mean for North America's outlet compatible

Stick with DeafNation for here in North American only. I don't mind in Cancun, MEX.
__________________
ē [Illustrator.Blog-alloon.com] ē
Don't shoot me! I'm only blogger!
PowerON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #16
Chevy57
Sherlock Hound
 
Chevy57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: O..HI..O!
Posts: 10,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerON View Post
There are many CON on why would DeafNation be host in other country.

- Too many here in US cannot attend to other country
- Will be small amount of people, lack sponsor for deaf
- Sell equipment aren't mean for North America's outlet compatible

Stick with DeafNation for here in North American only. I don't mind in Cancun, MEX.
Hawaii???
Chevy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #17
PowerON
Registered User
 
PowerON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 37.5, 126.9
Posts: 10,829
Blog Entries: 5
Send a message via AIM to PowerON Send a message via Yahoo to PowerON Send a message via Skype™ to PowerON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy57 View Post
Hawaii???
It's cheap on flight ticket for anyone who live on Pacific coast but unfortunately for rest of US. Too expensive.

Otherwise, Mexico is much cheap to buy anything.
__________________
ē [Illustrator.Blog-alloon.com] ē
Don't shoot me! I'm only blogger!
PowerON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 08:26 AM   #18
Royale
Registered User
 
Royale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: World's Second Coldest Capital City!
Posts: 4,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternity View Post
I heard the rumor.. The DeafNation World Expo 2015 will be hosted in France. I tried to find the facts.. I couldn't find any info anything about it yet.
It will NOT happen, period.
Royale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 08:28 AM   #19
Royale
Registered User
 
Royale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: World's Second Coldest Capital City!
Posts: 4,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerLover View Post
i got email,
i was there at deafnation world expo on july 18 to 23rd
I don't know anything about it happen, whether it is true or not
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have u heard the 7 rapes occurred... Treasure Island manager billed to Deaf Expo owner, the Barrishes 32 thousand dollars plus the Expo Hall someone who stole TV and others the Venetain billed again for some thousand dollars for some damages .... They at the Expo planned badly .

Next Deaf Expo will be in Europe in 2014
Where are your proof? If it were all hearsay, I will not buy this bullshit, period. Joel and I chatted about the next Deaf Nation World Expo for about 30 minutes and he never mentioned anything about Europe. He said it would be most likely somewhere in U.S. and his folks will discuss and make an announcement in a few years' time. Do not get me wrong since Joel and I are old friends.
Royale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #20
LaurenTTRD
Registered User
 
LaurenTTRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 355
I went there, its a very interesting experience for me its nice to see old face and new face.

Work there at the booth, by end of my shift, I passed out. haha
LaurenTTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #21
posts from hell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 9,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenTTRD View Post
I went there, its a very interesting experience for me its nice to see old face and new face.

Work there at the booth, by end of my shift, I passed out. haha
which booth
posts from hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 11:42 PM   #22
The Highlander
Registered User
 
The Highlander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,018



No wonder Lauren passed out.
__________________
"There are a lot of people that donít like this software. It is because they donít understand how to use the software and donít realize itís potential."
The Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 11:45 PM   #23
AlleyCat
Registered User
 
AlleyCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my time zone
Posts: 12,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by katz4life View Post
Got proof? Was there newspaper article about the rapes? You mean it happened at Treasure Island hotel/casino or all within Deaf events in LV during that week? I wouldn't be surprised if Stefan Vaseliescu did. He's got a look of a rapist.

Well, someone told me that World Deaf Expo in 2014 will be taken place in Orlando. I know it's not confirmed yet about the location.
Ouch. I don't know the guy, but I'd be very, very careful about naming names, especially just because "he's got a look of a rapist."
AlleyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 11:58 PM   #24
souggy
Registered User
 
souggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 9,541
I didn't know in the Deaf world, you're guilty before proven innocent.
__________________
"It is my task to convince you not to turn away because you donít understand it." - Richard Freynman
souggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #25
deafmtguy82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
o.O Was there I hear nothing. I was there 2012 it was all good to me.
deafmtguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Join AllDeaf on Facebook!    Follow us on Twitter!

AllDeaf proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2002-2014, AllDeaf.com. All Rights Reserved.