AllDeaf.com
Mobile - Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Miscellaneous > Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Unread 12-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
Loghead

AllDeaf's Biggest Loser

I thought this would be a creative thread to make for other ADers who are serious about wanting to get rid of a couple pounds.

Let's track our weightlosses and see who's been the most successful! Share your own personal success stories and tips in order to assist and motivate others going through the same thing you were.

Healthy recipes? Workout tips? Motivational speeches?
Loghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
Loghead

So far I have lost a total of 12 pounds since I started seriously trying at the end of August. It took a long time, but it's been worth it. I was 195 pounds and 5'3... ... but I have narrowed it down to 183 pounds. The goal is 135 pounds, but I would still be happy with 150 pounds. So that gives me a little under 50 pounds left to lose.

My tips? Well basically all I have been doing is eating healthy (for the most part... there have been a few slip ups) and exercising for at least an hour a day (I admit to having skipped a few days). The most important thing to do is to allow yourself to have a treat at least once a week. If you don't do that, your body will crave it, and if you do have a treat after a month of eating healthy, you're going to go nuts on junk food. Also, try not to lose your weight too fast. 1-2 pounds a week is healthy. Anything more gives you the possibility of having loose skin after your weight loss.

Anyway, I will record any futher weightlosses!
Unread 12-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
KristinaB
Emotional Mess

Since June 2009 I have lost 27.5 pounds. I have another 79.5 to go. I started at 255 and am down to 227.5

I try to pay attention to portion control and basically follow the weight watcher's points system.

I am unable to use the sugar free jellos or puddings or things like that since I have an allergy to aspartame (sp?)

I make a sugar free jello, by using Ocean Spray diet Cranberry juice with Splenda and Knox gelatin. It's really good. I also love, love, love, recipes from Lisa Lillien a/k/a Hungry Girl.

I have been doing a lot of walking and using the resistance bands for exercise.
Unread 12-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
Loghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinaB View Post
Since June 2009 I have lost 27.5 pounds. I have another 79.5 to go. I started at 255 and am down to 227.5
Congratulations, Kristina! You should be really proud. Keep doing what you're doing because it's obviously working.
Unread 12-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
Bottesini
Your Name Here!

I lowered my blood pressure from 220 over 120 to 160/100 in about two months.

I began a walking program, my older daughter goes with me between events in her hectic day.(That is due to my tendency to be a careless deaf/ one eye blind person. I am not great at noticing cars.)

I have so far lost about 10 pounds and begun a vegetarian diet, which should help with a lot of my physical problems.
Unread 12-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
KristinaB
Emotional Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post

Way to go!!

I began a walking program, my older daughter goes with me between events in her hectic day.(That is due to my tendency to be a careless deaf/ one eye blind person. I am not great at noticing cars.)

Good that she's there for you. My son goes with me as I fall even while using cane.

I have so far lost about 10 pounds and begun a vegetarian diet, which should help with a lot of my physical problems.
Vegetarian wasn't so bad for me, but having to cook for family as well it didn't work out. I'm just cooking healthier for all of us.
Unread 12-01-2009, 09:54 PM   #7
Loghead

Quote:

Congratulations Botts! Great to hear about all that you've accomplished!!
Unread 12-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #8
Dismal Shadow
Premium Member

Alldeaf weirdest member thread...now this? What's next?
Atheism in the name of God is an abandonment of all religious beliefs giving up the attempt to make sense of the world in terms of any fixed idea or intellectual system. It is becoming again as a child and laying oneself open to reality as it is actually and directly felt, experiencing it without trying to categorize, identify or name it.
Alan Watts
Dismal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #9
Bottesini
Your Name Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Alldeaf weirdest member thread...now this? What's next?
It's about weight loss and health Nathan!!
Unread 12-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #10
Dismal Shadow
Premium Member

Quote:
It's about weight loss and health Nathan!!
I know. It's the title that put me on humor.

Sorry BTW.
Atheism in the name of God is an abandonment of all religious beliefs giving up the attempt to make sense of the world in terms of any fixed idea or intellectual system. It is becoming again as a child and laying oneself open to reality as it is actually and directly felt, experiencing it without trying to categorize, identify or name it.
Alan Watts
Dismal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #11
Bottesini
Your Name Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I know. It's the title that put me on humor.

Sorry BTW.
That's ok.
Unread 12-01-2009, 11:55 PM   #12
LDNanna
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to LDNanna
LOL Botts. You smacked him like a mama... haha (sweet, silly Nathan)

Great going everyone! Keep giving inspiration. Doc says I should lose some too, but just dont have the courage to try again.

Good idea here Loghead. We AD'ers do seem to enjoy a bit of competition, and who couldn't benefit from a healthier lifestyle?
LDNanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 12:24 AM   #13
jinxedkitten

Send a message via AIM to jinxedkitten
I threw away my weight scale...

... totally regrettin' it now O_O

I'm guessing I've lost 20 pounds since the end of October? I will refer back to this thread when I find a weight scale
jinxedkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 01:55 AM   #14
sara1981

Send a message via Yahoo to sara1981
im rather not watch big loser on tv!! But i would focus on weight and i got gain weight down to 360 sometimes got more 361 and also down weight whether i lose few pounds on weight scale..

Before im lose weight i got more over lots weight near 400 lbs but im think i would let get more lots lose weight.

im lose weight down by 390,380 and 370 im hope i would get down 360 and 350 im pray for that but im still eat lots fruit sometime vegetable..

Katie the beagle puppy she so adorables!!
sara1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 04:01 AM   #15
sequoias
Premium Member

Hmmm, I must be the biggest loser on Alldeaf....no just kidding.
sequoias is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #16
sallylou
Potterhead and Janeite

Congrats to all of the people getting trimmer and healthier.
Unread 12-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #17
Jason

I am glad you guys have this post. I think it is good idea. I am currently studying to be personal trainer. I have lost lots of fat weighs and gained muscle weigh. I have created a group in Facebook called "Deaf Bodybuilding and Fitness" to share experiences, problems, nutrients, supplements, and many more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxedkitten View Post
I threw away my weight scale...

... totally regrettin' it now O_O

I'm guessing I've lost 20 pounds since the end of October? I will refer back to this thread when I find a weight scale
JinxedKitten, nah.. nobody needs the scale but the doctor's office. If you want to look awesome, hot, and so on... just do what you can to achieve that goal.. you dont need the scale because it weighs your wet weigh, bad fats, muscles and other things in total. You even lose weigh when you are sick, eating too much, too much water and stuff like that which is not worth the time when you look in the mirror. It is all depends on what you eat and drink... exercise daily... you slim down... simple. My weigh maintains the same but I change by the way I look. People come to me say "damn, you look so good, .........." It is what matters, not the scale.

~ Total Fitness With Jason ~

* Get in Shape and Stay Fit *

* Personal Trainer *

~ Has account with Facebook, Twitter and Google+ as a trainer ~

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #18
kokonut

It's always good to see people try and take control of their weight issues. Even I pointed out how great it was for Rush Limbaugh to lose a total of 82 pounds. He still looks good even today. Even I lost about about 25lbs, too, from 190.

Man, what a total mess. What a big fail. I am just laughing at it all. Gotta have sense of humor in life.

Paranoia much? Run to Mama then.

Last edited by kokonut; 12-03-2009 at 12:26 AM.
kokonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 01:51 PM   #19
posts from hell

I used to be 275, lost that flab to 190.

Now I'm hovering around 230. (I'm assuming... ) Working out to make sure I maintain my muscles this time around.

Got a few comments in the past few weeks that I was losing weight. I'm not even trying.
posts from hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 05:44 PM   #20
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by posts from hell View Post
I used to be 275, lost that flab to 190.

Now I'm hovering around 230. (I'm assuming... ) Working out to make sure I maintain my muscles this time around.

Got a few comments in the past few weeks that I was losing weight. I'm not even trying.
It may have to do something to do with your intake versus daily calories burns that you didn't bother to realize such as walking, sleeping, etc...

* Personal Trainer *

Unread 12-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #21
jinxedkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by posts from hell View Post

Lucky SOB

Unread 12-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #22
jinxedkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteTiger View Post
It may have to do something to do with your intake versus daily calories burns that you didn't bother to realize such as walking, sleeping, etc...
I am very active, I exercise and hike whenever I can... yet I have to count my calories just to maintain my weight, my body is greedy!
Unread 12-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #23
Phillips
Lets ride horses!

Cool! Good Idea thread here

My journal!
http://poochie21.blogspot.com/

***Enjoy life today, Yesterday has past and Tomorrow may never come.***
Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 08:48 PM   #24
Jason

beforeafter.jpg

This is Before and After Picture.

First one, busy day. Got home. Talking to a friend, BAM, wife took a pic of me sleeping just in five to ten minutes after sitting in that chair. Overweight, tired all the time. You can see I have no muscle and had fat belly... On After picture, that was taken few weeks ago before I start working out at my local gym after one year in total of attendance. Lost lot of bad fats, but lower four abs needs more work.. you can see the difference. Less tiring and felt lot better with increased ability to do whatever I used to do back then or better. I was at 235 lbs went down to 215 then after all the muscles gaining. I went back up to 225 but look more healthy and stronger. I am still training, not just bodybuilding, I am trying to run more then a mile or run a mile faster then 10 minutes. I am still losing the fats around my ABS and guts while I find more nutrients that works for us all.

How? I have input some information on foods and drinks in my blogs. I will add some workout journals later when I am settled down for the week or probably on this coming Sunday.

* Personal Trainer *

Last edited by Jason; 12-02-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Unread 12-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #25
kokonut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonut View Post
It's always good to see people try and take control of their weight issues. Even I pointed out how great it was for Rush Limbaugh to lose a total of 82 pounds. He still looks good even today. Even I lost about about 25lbs, too, from 190.
Correction: I lost 35 lbs. Typo.

Here's me at 190 (during my strongman heydays) with Greg Gunderson while at the 2006 NAD convention in Palm Desert, California. I may resume training after a 2 year hiatus to prepare myself for future mountain hiking starting early next year.

Man, what a total mess. What a big fail. I am just laughing at it all. Gotta have sense of humor in life.

Paranoia much? Run to Mama then.
kokonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 05:21 AM   #26
~*Kaelei*~

Send a message via AIM to ~*Kaelei*~ Send a message via MSN to ~*Kaelei*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Kaelei*~
I've been wanting to lose weight so bad, since I've given birth to my son in 2006. I used to be 103 in 2005, before I got pregnant.... but I gained about 70 pounds in my pregnancy, horriable I know. But it took me almost three freaking years to lose 41 pounds. I'm now 132 pounds and I would really like to get down to 110 pounds... so I have about 22 pounds to lose.... but that's gonna be tough.

So lately I've been walking/jogging every day and doing curl ups to flatten my stomach/abs. Also I've been eating salads and fruits about everyday.... so fingers crosses that I would be able to lose the last 22 pounds before summer of 2010 comes because I would love to be in two peice swimsuit by the time summer comes.
Unread 12-03-2009, 05:22 AM   #27
shel90
Audist are not welcome

Well, as many of you know, I have lost around 30 lbs since July. I probably gained a few over the Thanksgiving break due to overeating and not exercising but now, I am right back to working out.

I work out 5 times a week. 3 times a week 90 mins each and 2 times a week 60 mins each.

The 90 mins workouts, I scretch for 15 mins and do a hard warm up on the treadmill, bike, or rowing maching for another 15 mins. Then I weightlift for 30 mins with the focus on two muscle areas
Sundays:
3 different exercises with 3-15 reps each on my biceps
3 different exercises with 3-15 reps on my back.
3 different exercises for my abs

Tuesdays:
6 different exercises with 3-15 reps on my legs and butt

Thursdays
3 different exercises with 3-15 reps on my triceps
3 different exercises with 3-15 reps on my chest and shoulders

Then after 30 mins of weightlifting, I do 30 mins of fat burning on any of the machines

Mondays..I work out at home on my Wii Fit
Wednesdays..either Wii Fit or if I have cash, go to the pool and swim 40 or more laps doing 3 different strokes without stopping.

I take Fridays and Saturdays off from exercise but I do housecleaning or walking the dog sometimes.

As for eating..that is still a work in progress...try not to eat 2nd helpings..eat more vegetables than foods with high carbs. Snack on more fruits instead of crackers or cheese.

Drink no more than 2 cups of soda and never after 8 AM.

However, due to the holidays, I had a few slip-ups. I guess I will always have those every now and then.

***** word of advice*****

When you have achieved your target goal, DO NOT STOP working out because you will gain it all back. Keep on working out. Make it a part of your life...at least 1 hour a day between 3 to 5 times a week. Give yourself at least 1 or 2 days off a week to prevent burn out.

DRINK WATER

That's what works for me. When I was working with a personal trainer in the late 90s, that was his routine set up for me and I went from over 30% to 9% of body fat. I didnt feel burnt out or anything so I have resumed his routine for me but it is not as easy as it was before because I was younger.

Good luck everyone!
3 d

--- Anonymous
shel90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #28
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by shel90 View Post
Well, as many of you know, I have lost around 30 lbs since July. I probably gained a few over the Thanksgiving break due to overeating and not exercising but now, I am right back to working out.

I work out 5 times a week. 3 times a week 90 mins each and 2 times a week 60 mins each.

The 90 mins workouts, I scretch for 15 mins and do a hard warm up on the treadmill, bike, or rowing maching for another 15 mins. Then I weightlift for 30 mins with the focus on two muscle areas
Sundays:
3 different exercises with 3-15 reps each on my biceps
3 different exercises with 3-15 reps on my back.

Tuesdays:
6 different exercises with 3-15 reps on my legs and butt

Thursdays
3 different exercises with 3-15 reps on my triceps
3 different exercises with 3-15 reps on my chest and shoulders

Then after 30 mins of weightlifting, I do 30 mins of fat burning on any of the machines

Mondays..I work out at home on my Wii Fit
Wednesdays..either Wii Fit or if I have cash, go to the pool and swim 40 or more laps doing 3 different strokes without stopping.

I take Fridays and Saturdays off from exercise but I do housecleaning or walking the dog sometimes.

As for eating..that is still a work in progress...try not to eat 2nd helpings..eat more vegetables than foods with high carbs. Snack on more fruits instead of crackers or cheese.

Drink no more than 2 cups of soda and never after 8 AM.

However, due to the holidays, I had a few slip-ups. I guess I will always have those every now and then.

***** word of advice*****

When you have achieved your target goal, DO NOT STOP working out because you will gain it all back. Keep on working out. Make it a part of your life...at least 1 hour a day between 3 to 5 times a week. Give yourself at least 1 or 2 days off a week to prevent burn out.

DRINK WATER

That's what works for me. When I was working with a personal trainer in the late 90s, that was his routine set up for me and I went from over 30% to 9% of body fat. I didnt feel burnt out or anything so I have resumed his routine for me but it is not as easy as it was before because I was younger.

Good luck everyone!
3 d
That sounds good for an amateur, I see that you didn't list or do cardio such as treadmill, bikes, machines like that or go outside for a run? They burn more fat then just working out. Yes working out on muscles pulls the fat to transform to energy but in some areas, you have to do cardio after body workout.

* Personal Trainer *

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #29
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kaelei*~ View Post
I've been wanting to lose weight so bad, since I've given birth to my son in 2006. I used to be 103 in 2005, before I got pregnant.... but I gained about 70 pounds in my pregnancy, horriable I know. But it took me almost three freaking years to lose 41 pounds. I'm now 132 pounds and I would really like to get down to 110 pounds... so I have about 22 pounds to lose.... but that's gonna be tough.

So lately I've been walking/jogging every day and doing curl ups to flatten my stomach/abs. Also I've been eating salads and fruits about everyday.... so fingers crosses that I would be able to lose the last 22 pounds before summer of 2010 comes because I would love to be in two peice swimsuit by the time summer comes.
are you serious? Being able to weigh that light, you must be petite. How tall are you? It is most common in women to work to burn the baby fats after the pregnancy, for some women, it only take few weeks or even 10 years...but I knew two women, they cant even lose any at all. So you must be lucky enough to be able to lose some of that baby fat...my will be ex wife has four kids and she lost approx 15 pounds 1 to 2 yrs after each birth.. it is just the way she eats and gets her body around the places... it also varities on the women's metabolism. If you continue having trouble, please feel free to ask me. I will be more then happy to help you.

* Personal Trainer *

Unread 12-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #30
shel90
Audist are not welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteTiger View Post
That sounds good for an amateur, I see that you didn't list or do cardio such as treadmill, bikes, machines like that or go outside for a run? They burn more fat then just working out. Yes working out on muscles pulls the fat to transform to energy but in some areas, you have to do cardio after body workout.
I did mentioned it..see below..

I have many years of working with personal trainers and I learned from my years on a college fast-pitch softball scholarship in the early 90s. We were required to hit the gym along with softball practice.

--- Anonymous
shel90 is offline   Reply With Quote