Update on my dr appointment...

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
My dr appointment went great...the baby is doing very good and being active.. the heartbeat is normal and my blood pressure as usual is normal. I gained 8 more lbs so I weigh 132 lbs right now. The dr requested that I take another blood test this time for my sugar level but he said I should be fine though.

The other hand, when I told my grandma about this.. she went crazy on me and said I shouldn't gain too much pounds or I would have a hard time in labor when I am having the baby. :roll: What's your opinion about that comment she made?

ur grandmother probally thinking of old fashion ways....

8 lbs gain is good.. if the doctor says its good then its good.. nothing to worry about :)

my grandmother always do old fashion ways about pregancy, baby born.. etc.. still do arahh :roll:

DeafSCUBA98 said:
ur grandmother probally thinking of old fashion ways....

8 lbs gain is good.. if the doctor says its good then its good.. nothing to worry about :)

my grandmother always do old fashion ways about pregancy, baby born.. etc.. still do arahh :roll:

yeah my dr says it's great.. it's supposed to be good for the baby.. is 132 normal for almost 25 weeks pregnancy..

how u deal with your grandma when it comes to that stuff especially with your son?

WildKaTReSS said:
yeah my dr says it's great.. it's supposed to be good for the baby.. is 132 normal for almost 25 weeks pregnancy..

how u deal with your grandma when it comes to that stuff especially with your son?
I just let her do it... sometimes when i'm not happy on this.. for example she gave rice krispie bar to my son when he's 8 month old.. i told my grandma.. NO. too young..

but however other old fashion ways i deal with it okay.. i accept it a little.. for example my grandma give my son sugar druing his hiccups... this bothers me a little but it's okay it's her way of old fashion..

However druing prengency time... We don't tell my grandparents about what the doctor says.. just say its a boy.. it due june 3rd (baby accually born May 9)

Congrats!! Just dont listen to your grandma! Doctors know best and they know the modern stuffs while your grandma's brain may be stuck back in the old days. Take our advice and listen to your doctor, but you can tell your doctor what ur grandma says and perhaps he can give u the answer and u can make ur grandma rebuttaled, eh! It's your body and your baby!

Going to show off your tummy soon?

I am already showing my tummy.. it's big :) My husband Jeremy thinks I am sexy being pregnant and he loves to show off my tummy.. he kisses and talk to the baby also. :):)

Awww That sweet what ur husband is doing to u... Most Men thinks Pregnant women are sexy because they are carrying their baby.. Heh. Grandma always worried too much about their granddaughter/grandson.. That is very Common and Normal. My Grandma always wants best for me she would always asked me if I felt left out when we at the family gather thing cuz she worried too much about leaving us out..She just wanted us to be part of the family and feel conformable and fit in. Sometime she would just asked me things like U, oK with the baby even through U couldn't hear it cry? I would say Grandma I know what IM doing. heh. All Grandmas are worried and wants what's best and good for you. that's all its good to have someone like that in ur life even through it gets on your nerves a lot.

Congratulations!....

I heard the same thing from my mother in law....My advice to you is don't listen to her....they think they know everything when we know doctors know more than they do....if your doctor said everything is fine...listen to your doctor not your grandmother... ;) ..

btw when is baby due? ...

^Angel^ said:
Congratulations!....

I heard the same thing from my mother in law....My advice to you is don't listen to her....they think they know everything when we know doctors know more than they do....if your doctor said everything is fine...listen to your doctor not your grandmother... ;) ..

btw when is baby due? ...

May 19 :)

No offense... if you're old enough to have kids, then it sounds like your grandmother is pretty old and might be becoming senile. :crazy:

My grandmother is the same way. Many years ago, she was smart and knew what she was doing. Now, she's gotten to the point where she gets picky and fussy over many things. Before, they always played cards with everyone. Now, no one wants to play cards with them cuz they refuse to play with normal playing cards due to religious issues. :sure: My parents are stuck using Rook playing cards instead... ugh!

congrats on ur baby's update. AND as far as it goes i been SPOILED and grandma always treats my fever like i was going to die GAWD aLways parnoid! now thier in heaven... rest in peace

I'm glad to know that everything's going great for you.. don't worry about your grandmother. Gaining 8 lbs is just fine.. I'm not sure how much it is good to gain altogether during pregnancy but I'm sure you'll be just fine so don't worry :)

Back