Just thought I would introduce myself

DGirl101

Reaction score
Hello, :wave:

As you can see, my username is DGirl101. My real name is Kirsten. I'm 29 years old.:applause:

I was born with deformed temporal bones in both ears. I was not fitted with hearing aids until I was 6 years old.

I presented with a lot of problems before it was figured out by my mother and grandmother that I could not hear.

From the age of 6 to 17 yrs. I wore hearing aids in both ears. In my right I lost the hearing, in my left ear the hearing was failing, even with the help of the hearing aids, so my parents and I opted to recieve a Cochlear Implant.

I had three years of wonderful hearing, and three years of fighting an infection in the area of the CI, before I finally lost the device in 2000 and since then I have been 100% Deaf.

I do know Sign Language, but it is rusty. I speak orally and am thankful to have been in Speech Therapy for years, because where I live it is rare I meet with a fellow Deaf or HoH out of the blue and where I live speech is more dominant, so I do A LOT of speech reading. :eek3:

I hope to get to know you all and I look forward to being a part of this community. :cool2:

Bye for now!

Back