AllDeaf.com
Mobile - Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Miscellaneous > Auto Talk
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-29-2009, 11:48 PM   #1
purplecatty
Registered User
 
purplecatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Center of the USA
Posts: 3,685
Crazy runaway Postal Truck

I was in training few day ago before taking LLV driving test. I saw video and i went


Be surprise and he's lucky. but The Instructor said that the store want Post Office to pay for damaged pump. Post Office manager found out who it was and that postal employee was fired for withholding information of what happened. It was two days of withholding information that's why.

If had he been honest and immediately inform his supervisor of situation, he wouldn't have been fired, perhap slap on his hand and return to work or a week suspension without pay.. It look like he accidently shift to "R" instead of "P" cuz it's a runaway, not rolloff (difference between Runaway when Engine is on, Rolloff when engine is off). He did not turn off the engine that's why.

Don't forget to pull the parking brake, Park your gear, and turn off the engine and remove the key!!

Here's the same video I saw in the Training...

Imagine that It went through busy intersection without any accident. That's miracle!

purplecatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on AllDeaf.com
   
Unread 05-29-2009, 11:56 PM   #2
The Highlander
Registered User
 
The Highlander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,023
LLV Long Life Vehicle
LLV Lockheed Launch Vehicle
LLV Liquor Licensing Victoria
LLV Log-Likelihood Value
LLV Loving Las Vegas
LLV Lunar Logistics Vehicle
LLV Long Leg Vertical

Which one you talk about? I bet you was laugh so hard when you watch the video
__________________
"There are a lot of people that donít like this software. It is because they donít understand how to use the software and donít realize itís potential."
The Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 12:45 AM   #3
purplecatty
Registered User
 
purplecatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Center of the USA
Posts: 3,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highlander View Post
LLV Long Life Vehicle
LLV Lockheed Launch Vehicle
LLV Liquor Licensing Victoria
LLV Log-Likelihood Value
LLV Loving Las Vegas
LLV Lunar Logistics Vehicle
LLV Long Leg Vertical

Which one you talk about? I bet you was laugh so hard when you watch the video
*>>Long Life Vehicle<<*
LLV Lockheed Launch Vehicle
LLV Liquor Licensing Victoria
LLV Log-Likelihood Value
LLV Loving Las Vegas
LLV Lunar Logistics Vehicle
LLV Long Leg Vertical

That's the clarification

Nah, At first.. I was freaked out so did everyone in the classroom . We have gotten an idea that would have happen if we didn't use parking brake and shut off engine.. We did laugh afterward cuz it's funny that the LLV went around the traffic and back to it's place.

Catty
purplecatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 12:55 AM   #4
deafsmogtech
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Surf City
Posts: 1,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecatty View Post
I was in training few day ago before taking LLV driving test. I saw video and i went


Be surprise and he's lucky. but The Instructor said that the store want Post Office to pay for damaged pump. Post Office manager found out who it was and that postal employee was fired for withholding information of what happened. It was two days of withholding information that's why.

If had he been honest and immediately inform his supervisor of situation, he wouldn't have been fired, perhap slap on his hand and return to work or a week suspension without pay.. It look like he accidently shift to "R" instead of "P" cuz it's a runaway, not rolloff (difference between Runaway when Engine is on, Rolloff when engine is off). He did not turn off the engine that's why.

Don't forget to pull the parking brake, Park your gear, and turn off the engine and remove the key!!

Here's the same video I saw in the Training...

Imagine that It went through busy intersection without any accident. That's miracle!

YouTube - Runaway Postal Vehicle
holy dang. stunt postman. Hey, I had been seen the vehicles were rolling out of the pump islands as the motorists were about to walking toward the cashier as I witnessed them where I employed at the gas stations. I didnt yell at the motorists cuz they acts ego. I saw an old Toyota pick up was rolling down from the pump island, almost hit an expensive Mercedes Benz then crashed a parked Ford pick up. Also refuel lines were pulling off from the pumps, as the happy motorists who drove away with nozzles stuck inside the necks. Cost to reattach or replace line is $400. We call a serviceman come to inspect the line and reattach the pump, charge us $200. Smile
deafsmogtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 01:03 AM   #5
The Highlander
Registered User
 
The Highlander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafsmogtech View Post
holy dang. stunt postman. Hey, I had been seen the vehicles were rolling out of the pump islands as the motorists were about to walking toward the cashier as I witnessed them where I employed at the gas stations. I didnt yell at the motorists cuz they acts ego. I saw an old Toyota pick up was rolling down from the pump island, almost hit an expensive Mercedes Benz then crashed a parked Ford pick up. Also refuel lines were pulling off from the pumps, as the happy motorists who drove away with nozzles stuck inside the necks. Cost to reattach or replace line is $400. We call a serviceman come to inspect the line and reattach the pump, charge us $200. Smile
You should yell at idiot people. Who care if they acts ego or not. If they take smoke during refill up the gas. What you do? Ignore them and let them burn themself?
__________________
"There are a lot of people that donít like this software. It is because they donít understand how to use the software and donít realize itís potential."
The Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 01:13 AM   #6
The Highlander
Registered User
 
The Highlander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecatty View Post
*>>Long Life Vehicle<<*
LLV Lockheed Launch Vehicle
LLV Liquor Licensing Victoria
LLV Log-Likelihood Value
LLV Loving Las Vegas
LLV Lunar Logistics Vehicle
LLV Long Leg Vertical

That's the clarification

Nah, At first.. I was freaked out so did everyone in the classroom . We have gotten an idea that would have happen if we didn't use parking brake and shut off engine.. We did laugh afterward cuz it's funny that the LLV went around the traffic and back to it's place.

Catty
Nice, How you feel that you work for gov?
__________________
"There are a lot of people that donít like this software. It is because they donít understand how to use the software and donít realize itís potential."
The Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 09:30 AM   #7
moonflower
Registered User
 
moonflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washtenaw County, Michigan
Posts: 5,762
OMG damn
moonflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #8
purplecatty
Registered User
 
purplecatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Center of the USA
Posts: 3,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highlander View Post
Nice, How you feel that you work for gov?
I work for Govt for long time and its secure. It's not bad tho.

Catty
purplecatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #9
purplecatty
Registered User
 
purplecatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Center of the USA
Posts: 3,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafsmogtech View Post
holy dang. stunt postman. Hey, I had been seen the vehicles were rolling out of the pump islands as the motorists were about to walking toward the cashier as I witnessed them where I employed at the gas stations. I didnt yell at the motorists cuz they acts ego. I saw an old Toyota pick up was rolling down from the pump island, almost hit an expensive Mercedes Benz then crashed a parked Ford pick up. Also refuel lines were pulling off from the pumps, as the happy motorists who drove away with nozzles stuck inside the necks. Cost to reattach or replace line is $400. We call a serviceman come to inspect the line and reattach the pump, charge us $200. Smile

Ouchie. You will see some more dumb jerks let their car roll off soon . I heard in LLV class that some Carriers forgot to take gas nozzle out of filler, they drove off thus ripping off the hose from pump. They got into trouble but just a slap in their hand. Cuz they were in a hurry trying to get the work done. Sheesh.

I've seen couple of time rollaway car went through same 711 store in Olathe. Cuz 711 store is situated on bottom of slope from traffic on top of slope. That's really bad spot for biz location. Ouchie lol. Now they have Stantons (thick cement poles) lined up in front of the store for precaution.

Catty
purplecatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 12:52 PM   #10
purplecatty
Registered User
 
purplecatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Center of the USA
Posts: 3,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highlander View Post
You should yell at idiot people. Who care if they acts ego or not. If they take smoke during refill up the gas. What you do? Ignore them and let them burn themself?
Yup, I would agree with you. Dumb jerks!!

Catty
purplecatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 12:08 AM   #11
deafsmogtech
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Surf City
Posts: 1,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highlander View Post
You should yell at idiot people. Who care if they acts ego or not. If they take smoke during refill up the gas. What you do? Ignore them and let them burn themself?
I did yell at the smokers.
deafsmogtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 12:58 AM   #12
deafsmogtech
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Surf City
Posts: 1,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecatty View Post
Ouchie. You will see some more dumb jerks let their car roll off soon . I heard in LLV class that some Carriers forgot to take gas nozzle out of filler, they drove off thus ripping off the hose from pump. They got into trouble but just a slap in their hand. Cuz they were in a hurry trying to get the work done. Sheesh.

I've seen couple of time rollaway car went through same 711 store in Olathe. Cuz 711 store is situated on bottom of slope from traffic on top of slope. That's really bad spot for biz location. Ouchie lol. Now they have Stantons (thick cement poles) lined up in front of the store for precaution.

Catty
Mobil station is on the top of the spot, sloped to the parking lots where the unattend vehicles were rolling down from the pump islands. Prior to transfered another 76 station, I had been hopping several station to station in 13 years under same owner. I love gas stations cuz of atomsphere and free view of the automobiles and women you know. My current job at the 76 station is very tough ever I work there since Mobil.
deafsmogtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 09:28 AM   #13
purplecatty
Registered User
 
purplecatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Center of the USA
Posts: 3,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafsmogtech View Post
Mobil station is on the top of the spot, sloped to the parking lots where the unattend vehicles were rolling down from the pump islands. Prior to transfered another 76 station, I had been hopping several station to station in 13 years under same owner. I love gas stations cuz of atomsphere and free view of the automobiles and women you know. My current job at the 76 station is very tough ever I work there since Mobil.
Cool. I know some jobs are tough but fun. I would be working on tough job soon cuz of security and dogs plus angry customers That's something that I will deal with soon.

Catty
purplecatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2009, 08:03 AM   #14
Grummer
Registered User
 
Grummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Posts: 14,394
wow what a miracle no shit
__________________
Grummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2009, 08:08 AM   #15
diehardbiker
Registered User
 
diehardbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fly Free!
Posts: 14,596
Agreed, look how busy street is there? It could have been much worse than that! Or even worse if Steering wheel spin the opposite, gee!

DHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grummer View Post
wow what a miracle no shit
__________________
J-MAC's quote: "People who try and fail are more superior than people who don't try at all"

"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson (1778)

NY Governor Andrew Cuomo MUST go! We, the New Yorker had ENOUGH of Cuomo's BS!
diehardbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2009, 08:29 AM   #16
~SG~
Super Moderator
 
~SG~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 6,987
When I was watching this video, I was shocked to see that postal truck rolling back and heading toward to busy road and then back to gas station. It was a miracle that no one else got hurt or gotten involved in car accident.
~SG~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.


Join AllDeaf on Facebook!    Follow us on Twitter!

AllDeaf proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2002-2014, AllDeaf.com. All Rights Reserved.