AllDeaf.com
Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Relationships > Marriage, Dating & Single Life
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Unread 05-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
coolgirlspyer90

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When you're talking to a boy, what kind of topics that keeps the convo going?

I have a new crush on someone but everytime i text a guy i almost always never know what to talk about.. SO i need advice.

Soo... When you're talking to a boy, what kind of topics would you keep the converstation going and intresting to talk about..

Please keep the ideas in high school stuff. Not like the adult stuff. i am in high school and almost 16 years old. What i try to talk about with a guy is about drumline (oh btw did i mention that i like someone that is in DRUMLINE?) about band camp..idk..it probably seemed boring because all he ever says is yeah...no...idk...sure.. but on the other hand he is really sweet. But the thing is that he like someone else. But i want to try and see if he might like me if i talk to him more. you know, all is fair in love and war!!

But is there any high school deaf girls out here willing to give me ideas?? i'm in desprate need of flirt training!!
coolgirlspyer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #2
coolgirlspyer90

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So...any ideas?
Unread 05-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
shel90
Audist are not welcome

Liked 90 Times in 58 Posts
What about talking about certain music groups you both are interested in? He could be the quiet type and may not do his part to keep the conversation rolling. It takes two to do that.

--- Anonymous
shel90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2009, 10:27 PM   #4
coolgirlspyer90

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shel90 View Post
What about talking about certain music groups you both are interested in? He could be the quiet type and may not do his part to keep the conversation rolling. It takes two to do that.
hmm..that seems like a good idea. I really like this guy. He made me feel all good inside lol. but mostly he told me he liked someone else but he wouldnt tell me who. he wanted to keep it a secret. But I want to try and talk to him more and try to steal him before anybody else does. I want to try and flirt with him. But to me it seems like everytime i try and talk to a boy i just get all nervous and run out of things to talk about and i get shy too.
Unread 05-27-2009, 11:21 PM   #5
dark

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to dark
Perhaps, try to find something/or interesting to do which will lead to more/or extanding conversaions and increase yourself confidence esteem by talk him often or hang out/events/socialize time and such; Also, i'd suggest you to have him with any folks/friends to make conversaion as its easier way to do so and yes i urge you to say something out of ur mind whatever you wants to say or to comment along with him and others, hope this help :]

dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2009, 11:40 PM   #6
Milwaukee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well you could try find what his hobby is.

Many times peoples text and I have no topic to talk so it kind hard to keep go but it work ok.
Milwaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2009, 12:58 AM   #7
MoonDrifter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
asking him about his life does help get the conversation going. with him saying yea, yea, yea, no, maybe, idk, i guess, well, i dunno, sure, yea, no, ok, yea, then it kinda gets pointless since he's not really putting into the plate as much as you are. If I could, I'd give him a large whack on his head to remind him that there IS a girl interested in HIM and that he should give HER a chance.

since the two of you are in high school, why not wear your best perfume and talk with him in person. Texting is great in its own element, but it cannot replace the social interaction that takes place in new relationships. So try hanging out with him and see where it goes.

With his eyes ogling on the other girl, that makes things a tad challenging, but go for it without fear! I hope it works out for the best.

Remember, you are very young and you will have many opportunities in the future to have a great relationship. Don't worry if this one doesn't land on the moon. He doesn't know what he's missing out on.
MoonDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 11:41 AM   #8
Bramus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Avoid questions that can be answered by a simple yes/no answer.

Quote:
since the two of you are in high school, why not wear your best perfume and talk with him in person. Texting is great in its own element, but it cannot replace the social interaction that takes place in new relationships. So try hanging out with him and see where it goes.
this is a great idea.

One of the things that is really annoying is that uncertainty of (in a boy's case), "Does she like me and if I ask her out will I get shot down?"

I don't believe in beating around the bush and if I like the girl I'll just go up to her and tell her. If she doesn't like me back, oh well, but if she does and takes the initiative that's extra points for her. In this case, you DO like the guy so I suggest you take the initiative and ASK HIM out to a movie or even a Starbucks run where you two will be alone just to get the wheels moving.
Bramus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 12:47 PM   #9
rockin'robin

Liked 98 Times in 61 Posts
Tell him to log on to AD....that'll keep the convo going for sure! HAHA
rockin'robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #10
shel90
Audist are not welcome

Liked 90 Times in 58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgirlspyer90 View Post
hmm..that seems like a good idea. I really like this guy. He made me feel all good inside lol. but mostly he told me he liked someone else but he wouldnt tell me who. he wanted to keep it a secret. But I want to try and talk to him more and try to steal him before anybody else does. I want to try and flirt with him. But to me it seems like everytime i try and talk to a boy i just get all nervous and run out of things to talk about and i get shy too.
I undy about feeling nervous and tongue tied. Been there before when I was in high school. It sucks when that happens! As for him liking someone else, that will pose a bigger challenge for u.

--- Anonymous
shel90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #11
Babyblue

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Be yourself. Do not pretend, to make up a false conversation.

Go up to him and introduce yourself and talk about your interests. and ask him about his interest.

Talk about school, your day, ask open ended questions. (the ones that does not have a yes or no answers)

Ask how is his day. Ask what kind of things he likes, etc..

Mainly be yourself.

If you are the shy type. Then you need to rake up some courage.

Quick question. If he is not interested in you then what will you do?
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 02:12 AM   #12
Grummer

Liked 69 Times in 50 Posts
just say "do you want to go around with me?"
Unread 05-31-2009, 07:51 AM   #13
Babyface

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Babyface Send a message via Yahoo to Babyface
hmmm take it from guys the only thing you have to say is this *wanna go out with me? if not im going to go ask the next person I Like* then youll get your answer if he says no he aint worth your time, he says yes be careful never trust a guy whose quick on the draw" he might be one of those creepy types like shel muwhahahahha random moment anyhoos just ask that question wanna go out or not? and see what he says and go out yay fun times then get home and decide if you liked him or not usually youll know in the first five minutes. or 2 minutes whatever thats my point, be straight and too the point, after ther initial question, notice the clothing you can tell alot about a person from clothing especially if there teenagers. so try that out be straight and too the point.

oh and its better to ask guys about what they like than women mostly because they arent guys

Seig un Jeden Preis

Europas Freheit
Babyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 11:25 AM   #14
rockin'robin

Liked 98 Times in 61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyface View Post
hmmm take it from guys the only thing you have to say is this *wanna go out with me? if not im going to go ask the next person I Like* then youll get your answer if he says no he aint worth your time, he says yes be careful never trust a guy whose quick on the draw" he might be one of those creepy types like shel muwhahahahha random moment anyhoos just ask that question wanna go out or not? and see what he says and go out yay fun times then get home and decide if you liked him or not usually youll know in the first five minutes. or 2 minutes whatever thats my point, be straight and too the point, after ther initial question, notice the clothing you can tell alot about a person from clothing especially if there teenagers. so try that out be straight and too the point.

oh and its better to ask guys about what they like than women mostly because they arent guys
I agree....First impressions (how they look, dress, act) is important, means a lot.....so after watching that for awhile and you like it....then ask him if he would like to go out with you....or better yet...."wanna hang".....This would "spark" his interest, and he might give you the "eye over" (really look at you)....
rockin'robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 07:59 PM   #15
coolgirlspyer90

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi guys, read your posts

Those seem like really good ideas. But mostly i'm so shy around guys that I like. Most of the guys that are friends with me I am not shy with. I'll see him all summer in band camp. And I really want to try and push myself to talk to him. That way I can get over being a scary cat and all...haha
Unread 05-31-2009, 08:04 PM   #16
Babyblue

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Hi guys, read your posts

Those seem like really good ideas. But mostly i'm so shy around guys that I like. Most of the guys that are friends with me I am not shy with. I'll see him all summer in band camp. And I really want to try and push myself to talk to him. That way I can get over being a scary cat and all...haha
Well that is one interest that you both can discuss. The summer band camp!
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #17
serena1986

Location: brooklyn,new york where i was born and rasied here so that make me 100% a native newyorker for life and always.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
just what is your name and i want to get to know you very well.
serena1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #18
mariano

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Most importantly be yourself and feel comfortable with yourself. Then, be playful and confident. Most importantly, look nice; wear nice clothes (no need for expensive stuff), smell good, show some skin (nothing overboard), be confident and feel sexy. Believe me, you don't have to do much since you are the sexy gal.
mariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2009, 02:06 AM   #19
sallylou
Potterhead and Janeite

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ask questions about him. People love to talk about themselves. (some too much!) What he likes--movies, music, hobbies, etc. You can share what have in common and add more. Good luck!
sallylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2009, 07:50 AM   #20
Grummer

no, its better go straight out, like saying "i want to suck your cock, and will you do my pussy?", LOL, no seriously I'm only joking. Indeed it is awkward to try asking questions like that, so of course it means you don't ask that!, you just treat him/her like your new freind, while it is not entirely easy, try picture this, imagine if you can, what its like to ask your brother's freinds what they do you know like ordinary chatter, my point is don't freak out and think you have to have every right said. it is all a matter of experience, if you have none, well you're gonna gain some. Hell I should be saying this to myself, as i havent seen anybody for quite a long time. Also lastly, it is often the 'worst advices' when someone say be yourself, no dont - it is more about finding out yourself. This is a better way of putting it, I would consider this as a good way of putting your 'anixety' into perspectives and just 'be yourself'. LOL i know its all riddles, but thats just like what Bruce Lee used to say alot, a punch isnt just a punch, you have to do this or that and train long hours, days and months, even years to get it right, and then a punch is indeed just a punch'. Contradictive yes, and that is exactly why alot of people would say to you "just be yourself" - now you know it, it doesnt mean exactly that, but with experience it is!.
Good luck and just be happy with whatever, its just the fun part of life, it isn't like lining up for the war.
Cheers
Unread 08-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #21
Loves

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Persoanally, if a guy's not into me, I say "NEXT!" You need to remember you are an amazing person that has a lot to offer a person, and if they can't see that, someone BETTER will! Good luck!
Loves is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2009, 01:56 AM   #22
Barbaro

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
it's easier to talk to boys if you're a tomboy. LOL.
Unread 08-09-2009, 06:51 AM   #23
Mrs Bucket

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue View Post

Go up to him and introduce yourself and talk about your interests. and ask him about his interest.

Talk about school, your day, ask open ended questions. (the ones that does not have a yes or no answers)

Mainly be yourself.

She said it all!

Be yourself and remember if he doesn't express any interest in you, be prepared to accept the idea he only wants a friend.

A friend is better than a stranger.

Keep in mind, he just may be as nervous and shy like you or even worse so take it easy and not pursue it too quickly. Boys since birth, always took their grand time so you can bet they will be the same, they will take their time.

Except when it comes to youknowwhat.. you take your time dearie!
Mrs Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2009, 08:28 AM   #24
Grummer

Loves, this is easier said than done. I suppose you got a more robust skins, feelings than I do. When I get rejected i feel BAD.......like rotten banana skins discarded to the rubbish bin.
but yeah i wish i had the mentality 'i love myself, who cares, next person....'
i *do understand the logic* but i dont understand it for myself, somehow not fitting, but yes it comes a time when i have to realise '**** it' it got to be neccessity to say 'next!' so i guess I am beginning to understand this.
Unread 08-09-2009, 08:33 AM   #25
Mrs Bucket

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grummer View Post
duh
Get up on the wrong side of the bed baby? Wake up!
Mrs Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2009, 12:25 AM   #26
coolgirlspyer90

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hi guys. Sorry for not posting as much. band was calling me.

unfortunately i found out that my crush from drumline is dating a SENIOR girl in drumline. yep i said it. he's dating a SENIOR. but the thing is hes a sophmore like me. and about my age. i found out from my girlfriends that he asked out a senior (her name is sarah mae and my crush name was nick) at band camp in the end of july (perhaps..? at least i think) and sarah mae thought that he was joking with her about nick asking her out. and she said yes anyways. so they had this nervous, awkward relationship and then thats when sarah mae finally realized that they were going out for real and they're more comfortable around themselves now.

THAT made me feel kinda like poopy.. but mostly my mind is kind of in shock that hes dating a senior... Because people my age would rather date people our age instead of older people. but only one of my good friends like dating a guy who is a year older. but bleh.. i'm still kind of sad about it
Unread 08-17-2009, 12:43 AM   #27
JClarke
AD Veteran

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
hi guys. Sorry for not posting as much. band was calling me.

unfortunately i found out that my crush from drumline is dating a SENIOR girl in drumline. yep i said it. he's dating a SENIOR. but the thing is hes a sophmore like me. and about my age. i found out from my girlfriends that he asked out a senior (her name is sarah mae and my crush name was nick) at band camp in the end of july (perhaps..? at least i think) and sarah mae thought that he was joking with her about nick asking her out. and she said yes anyways. so they had this nervous, awkward relationship and then thats when sarah mae finally realized that they were going out for real and they're more comfortable around themselves now.

THAT made me feel kinda like poopy.. but mostly my mind is kind of in shock that hes dating a senior... Because people my age would rather date people our age instead of older people. but only one of my good friends like dating a guy who is a year older. but bleh.. i'm still kind of sad about it
Never mind him, girl. There's plenty of fishes in the sea.

Time for a fishing trip!
Alldeaf.com Official Meet II - date updated!
Follow the world with JClarke blog
JClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2009, 01:44 AM   #28
KarissaMann05
Premium Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to KarissaMann05 Send a message via MSN to KarissaMann05 Send a message via Yahoo to KarissaMann05 Send a message via Skype™ to KarissaMann05
I was the beast so I did not really into talk with boys since they "hated" me. But if they didn't, it would not so hard for me to talk with boys. I was so asexual, and now a semi asexual.

(Clickable Stamp)

Vampire is so overrated!
Let's swim with merfolks for some fun!

Psst, I do love cougars. *runs away*
KarissaMann05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2009, 03:05 AM   #29
Buffalo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue View Post

Mainly be yourself.

You took the words right out of my mouth! Exactly, be yourself. You won't like a boy if he change himself to make you like him and then change back to his true self, would you?

Many guys I know are really into sports. Some likes a particular sport and others like general sports. If you like sports, that is great and talk to him about sports. If you know nothing about sports, find out what is his favorite sport and maybe he will explain sport rules to you. You might learn to like his type of sport or maybe not. I know I don't care for sports but there are some women who are really sport-freak (be it football or whatever). If the relationship with this guy doesn't take, don't worry because another one will show up and he might be a better one.

“The problem is not that the (deaf) students do not hear. The problem is that the hearing world does not listen. “- Rev Jesse L. Jackson ( American Civil Rights Activist, Minister)
Buffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2009, 03:10 AM   #30
Buffalo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grummer View Post
no, its better go straight out, like saying "i want to suck your cock, and will you do my pussy?", LOL, no seriously I'm only joking. Indeed it is awkward to try asking questions like that, so of course it means you don't ask that!, you just treat him/her like your new freind, while it is not entirely easy, try picture this, imagine if you can, what its like to ask your brother's freinds what they do you know like ordinary chatter, my point is don't freak out and think you have to have every right said. it is all a matter of experience, if you have none, well you're gonna gain some. Hell I should be saying this to myself, as i havent seen anybody for quite a long time. Also lastly, it is often the 'worst advices' when someone say be yourself, no dont - it is more about finding out yourself. This is a better way of putting it, I would consider this as a good way of putting your 'anixety' into perspectives and just 'be yourself'. LOL i know its all riddles, but thats just like what Bruce Lee used to say alot, a punch isnt just a punch, you have to do this or that and train long hours, days and months, even years to get it right, and then a punch is indeed just a punch'. Contradictive yes, and that is exactly why alot of people would say to you "just be yourself" - now you know it, it doesnt mean exactly that, but with experience it is!.
Good luck and just be happy with whatever, its just the fun part of life, it isn't like lining up for the war.
Cheers
Me -> <- Grummer - The OP made it clear that she is 16 and that kind of language shouldn't be around those young ears!!!

“The problem is not that the (deaf) students do not hear. The problem is that the hearing world does not listen. “- Rev Jesse L. Jackson ( American Civil Rights Activist, Minister)
Buffalo is offline   Reply With Quote