Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Deaf Community > General Chat
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Unread 03-17-2009, 12:49 AM   #1
Jiro
If You Know What I Mean

Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Lego Imagination

39 Creative Lego Advertisements - Creativty without bricks

Don't you remember when you played with lego as a kid... it was what we imagined it to be?

All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-17-2009, 01:09 AM   #2
sequoias
Premium Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yea, I had about 25 pounds worth of Legos. I remember playing with them when I was a kid. I sold it on Ebay long time ago when it wasn't needed for me.
sequoias is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 04:53 AM   #3
Frisky Feline

Liked 83 Times in 57 Posts
Yep. I loved playing with LEGOS. now my son is doing the legos, well they are star wars now.
Frisky Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 07:43 AM   #4
JamieLynn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The boys still play LEGO (my nephews) so Jamie's got to play too every once in a while (me loves!!!)

JL

PS. Love the imagination LEGO
JamieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:17 AM   #5
VamPyroX
bloody phreak from hell

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to VamPyroX Send a message via AIM to VamPyroX Send a message via Yahoo to VamPyroX
I remember those early LEGO sets that were so simplified.

LEGO has gone a long way.
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:31 AM   #6
Frisky Feline

Liked 83 Times in 57 Posts
legos are really good! i have too many legos from big size to tiny size. i hate tiny size that i often stepped on those tiny legos that hurt my feet like H3LL
Frisky Feline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #7
Daredevel7
Adrenaline Junky

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I still have my legos. Nowadays when I walk by the lego aisle, I look at the specific and unique pieces and I just say to myself "You're so not a lego."
Daredevel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
society's_child

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisky Feline View Post
i hate tiny size that i often stepped on those tiny legos that hurt my feet like H3LL
My younger brother loved legos when he was a kid. Unfortunately, he'd leave them scattered all over which-a-way. Was a hilarious sight to see my mom step on them. She'd just about curse a blue streak.
Unread 03-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #9
VamPyroX
bloody phreak from hell

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to VamPyroX Send a message via AIM to VamPyroX Send a message via Yahoo to VamPyroX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daredevel7 View Post
I still have my legos. Nowadays when I walk by the lego aisle, I look at the specific and unique pieces and I just say to myself "You're so not a lego."
I still have some LEGO sets... they're all related to Star Wars. I do have one that's a sports motorcycle.

There are a few that I really want... one is the Star Wars Millennium Falcon that's HUGE!
Unread 03-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #10
VamPyroX
bloody phreak from hell

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VamPyroX View Post
I still have some LEGO sets... they're all related to Star Wars. I do have one that's a sports motorcycle.

There are a few that I really want... one is the Star Wars Millennium Falcon that's HUGE!
These are what I really want...

Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon™ | Star Wars™ Classic | LEGO Shop

Death Star II™ | Hard to Find Items | LEGO Shop

http://assets.lego.com/images/shop/p...00-xx-12-1.jpg
Unread 03-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #11
Babyblue

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I love going to LEGO Land in Orlando, Downtown Disney.

I still play with LEGOS with my Son, and preschoolers.
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 01:39 AM   #12
JamieLynn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I plan on taking the boys to Legoland in Germany some time this summer vacation! Can't wait. (this thought came up, when Jiro posted this thread)

Thanks Jiro (I'll make sure to get you some pics)

Jamie
Unread 03-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #13
deafbajagal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On a serious note, I wish more kids would go back to the basics when it comes to toys: play doh, legos, Lincoln logs, etc. Nowdays it's all electronic games and shit. I heard a phrase once that is so true: The more battery power, the less brain power.

"Simple" toys that do not require batteries often encourage imagination, enriches language development, and increases fine motor and gross motor skills, and all that good stuff that kids need.

I try to encourage my kids to paint, play with play doh, blocks, dolls, balls, etc. We do have a few battery-operated toys (such as the keyboard) but I try to avoid those. I'm proud that my kids hardly own computerized toys and games. A $3 ball does more for the kid's development than a $300 game system. And that's been proven through research.
deafbajagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 10:13 AM   #14
Jiro
If You Know What I Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieLynn View Post
I plan on taking the boys to Legoland in Germany some time this summer vacation! Can't wait. (this thought came up, when Jiro posted this thread)

Thanks Jiro (I'll make sure to get you some pics)

Jamie
Unread 03-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #15
Jiro
If You Know What I Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafbajagal View Post
On a serious note, I wish more kids would go back to the basics when it comes to toys: play doh, legos, Lincoln logs, etc. Nowdays it's all electronic games and shit. I heard a phrase once that is so true: The more battery power, the less brain power.

"Simple" toys that do not require batteries often encourage imagination, enriches language development, and increases fine motor and gross motor skills, and all that good stuff that kids need.

I try to encourage my kids to paint, play with play doh, blocks, dolls, balls, etc. We do have a few battery-operated toys (such as the keyboard) but I try to avoid those. I'm proud that my kids hardly own computerized toys and games. A $3 ball does more for the kid's development than a $300 game system. And that's been proven through research.
wow. best post ever. +100 Your post should be in every PARENTAL GUIDE books! Now that I look back to my childhood. I may be an example of what you just said above. Even though I had nintendo and gameboy, I played with toys/sports/bikes/etc. much much more than those silly devices. That probably contributed to my creativity and fine-motor skill.

btw - what's gross-motor skill?
Unread 03-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #16
violet

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:

True that!
violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #17
JamieLynn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:

The boys are constantly outside!!!! You never know where they are At 7pm you start calling around the neighborhood to figure out where they are.

Every once in a while they are allowed to play DS or play one or two games on the Net... that's about it I keep them pretty much entertained whenever I am around. During the week, they both have school and sports and music activities so there is no time to sit around and do nothing... or just watching TV or whatever... That's a life style they don't know and they are 13 and 15 years old! One has a gf now, so hm... that's bound to get interesting

But you are about right! Too many kids don't know what it is like to play without toys!!!

Amen to your post!

Jamie
Unread 03-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #18
Calvin

Liked 46 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:

Ah, I used to play with those when I was kid, darn those ol days...
Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #19
Babyblue

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:

I totally agree with you. I bought my two a yo-yo! Now they love it! They are learning new tricks as they go.

I taught my kids how to play Jacks, marbles, I encourage arts and crafts often.

My Daughter loves making Friendship bracelets. Etc.

Son creates with LEGOS.

My kids do have video games. I limit their time on the games. Especially my son. He gets glued to his DS at times.
Unread 03-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #20
Bottesini
Old Deaf Ranter

Liked 100 Times in 62 Posts
Maybe I should go buy Star Wars Lego game for PS3 or PSP.
Unread 03-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #21
Babyblue

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post

My, my, that would be cheating ... Wouldn't it??
Unread 03-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #22
Bottesini
Old Deaf Ranter

Liked 100 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue View Post
My, my, that would be cheating ... Wouldn't it??
I couldn't resist.
Unread 03-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #23
society's_child

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
My brother has that game and he loves it. Best part: no painful little Lego block booby traps lying around on the floor waiting to get stepped on.
Unread 03-18-2009, 04:10 PM   #24
Jolie77
Premium Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:

Agreed - Also it develops their hands and eye coordination skills as well. The more they play with it, the more they think. Some of the toys such as Legos or Lincoln Logs also requires a "problem" solving scenario as to how to build a house or whatever it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
btw - what's gross-motor skill?
Gross Motor Skills involves the large muscles of the body that enable such functions as walking, kicking, sitting upright, lifting, and throwing a ball.
Jolie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #25
JamieLynn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by society's_child View Post
My brother has that game and he loves it. Best part: no painful little Lego block booby traps lying around on the floor waiting to get stepped on.
Lego blocks between your toes at 4am... IT HURTS

That's all I am saying

Jamie
Unread 03-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #26
Daredevel7
Adrenaline Junky

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Uh oh... I used to play a lot of video games..... Although I didn't start playing with them until I was about 7 or so. However, I definitely played a LOT of legos, k'nex, board games, played catch and tennis with my dad all before sweet sweet Nintendo came into my life.

Not to mention all the "adventures" I had with my cousins. We've pretended to be mermaids in the pool, Indiana Jones looking for treasure in the backyard, hiding from the "enemy" by building a fort (which was 2 chairs and a blanket thrown over them).

Man, I wanna be a kid again.
Daredevel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #27
society's_child

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieLynn View Post
Lego blocks between your toes at 4am... IT HURTS

That's all I am saying

Jamie
Unread 03-19-2009, 12:47 AM   #28
VamPyroX
bloody phreak from hell

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I do have some LEGO mosaic projects in mind, but they require a lot of LEGO pieces and money.

For a 5' x 5' picture, it would cost me at least $500 in pieces. (If I'm lucky, I can find them for $300.)

When I have time and money, then I might consider making something and then selling it for profit.
Unread 03-19-2009, 12:51 AM   #29
VamPyroX
bloody phreak from hell

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
I do have some LEGO mosaic projects in mind, but they require a lot of LEGO pieces and money.

For a 5' x 5' picture, it would cost me at least $500 in pieces. (If I'm lucky, I can find them for $300.)

When I have time and money, then I might consider making something and then selling it for profit.
Here are a few...

http://www.geekalerts.com/u/gameboy-lego-mosaic.jpg

http://www.instructables.com/files/d...3VV.MEDIUM.jpg
(I like that one.)

http://i.pbase.com/g4/12/60812/3/64502171.Ta9Kwu22.jpg
(This is cool.)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/se...ly/mosaic2.jpg
(I could do this... might be the cheapest.)
(Be sure to look at it from a distance. Looks better.)
Unread 03-19-2009, 01:05 AM   #30
Calvin

Liked 46 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
Here are a few...

http://www.geekalerts.com/u/gameboy-lego-mosaic.jpg

http://www.instructables.com/files/d...3VV.MEDIUM.jpg
(I like that one.)

http://i.pbase.com/g4/12/60812/3/64502171.Ta9Kwu22.jpg
(This is cool.)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/se...ly/mosaic2.jpg
(I could do this... might be the cheapest.)
(Be sure to look at it from a distance. Looks better.)
Those must be time consuming and takes a lot of practice to piece all that together..

I'd agree, someone would make a good profit out of that when one sells.
Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote