AllDeaf.com
Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Deaf Community > General Chat
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Unread 10-23-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
Taurus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To these people who dont believe Global Warming..

Can you explain me why you dont believe it?

I am curious about your point of views..

It shocks me when I found out that there are many people out there dont believe it.. It made me wondering why you/they are thinking that way..

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #2
imdeafsowhat
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I believe that Earth will explode.
imdeafsowhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #3
Jiro
If You Know What I Mean

Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts
I think you're slightly confused. I think it's more accurate to say that Global Warming is real but it is NOT largely caused by men. That is what I believe. I don't believe this global warming is largely caused by men nor can we fix it. All these green friendly stuff.... if we adopt it today for a year, the Earth will not benefit from this immediately or anytime soon.

In short.... Global Warming = natural phenomenon. if you will - an unexplained mysterious power of nature
Jiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
Tousi

Liked 51 Times in 33 Posts
*Signing my name next to Jiro*
Tousi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 01:57 PM   #5
Endy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Humans cause Global Warming. PBS, History, Discovery, and other TV stations showed the film Documentaries telling us it is! There are hundreds of Video (DVDs) telling us it is! There are thousands and thousands of reports telling us it is! There are more than 50 nations are affecting by Global Warming telling us it is! Four famous authors and scientists received Noble Prize on Global Warming telling us it is. Al Gore and other famous leaders telling us it is. I mean, SO MANY... I mean thousands and thousands of people saying so.

Simply, United States is the one of FEW nations are not listening. US people don't believe in it. They keep polluting, no question. Why? US government told us it is "normal" and told us not to worry. Everything will take care of it. They are just like cows, they will believe anything what the government says.

If you are really looking up closely to other nations why they are screaming because they are affecting by it. England, Northern European, France, Spain, Canada, Japan, Australia are working so hard to keep Mother Earth clean in their own countries. China is finally doing something with their country. They felt the impact and they knew they had to do something with it, so they did.

I think it has to do with Attitudes among US people. Nations show they do care of Mother Earth.
Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #6
Tousi

Liked 51 Times in 33 Posts
Endy, I was going to make a serious reply but after seeing "Gore" in your message, I just knew it was hopeless.
Tousi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 02:00 PM   #7
imdeafsowhat
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
I think you're slightly confused. I think it's more accurate to say that Global Warming is real but it is NOT largely caused by men. That is what I believe. I don't believe this global warming is largely caused by men nor can we fix it. All these green friendly stuff.... if we adopt it today for a year, the Earth will not benefit from this immediately or anytime soon.

In short.... Global Warming = natural phenomenon. if you will - an unexplained mysterious power of nature
You're confused, little grasshopper.
It is because we are using gasoline and the smog that comes out the cars actually amplifies the sun ray's light that heats up Earth. It is getting worse and worse, I believe that the sky will be red and water will be evaporated, all the ices in the north and the south will be gone. UNLESS, we use oil for different reasons and use a different resource for our transportation. Not only USA are "cows" but others as well that profits in Oil.
Unread 10-23-2008, 02:39 PM   #8
Jiro
If You Know What I Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endy View Post
Humans cause Global Warming. PBS, History, Discovery, and other TV stations showed the film Documentaries telling us it is! There are hundreds of Video (DVDs) telling us it is! There are thousands and thousands of reports telling us it is! There are more than 50 nations are affecting by Global Warming telling us it is! Four famous authors and scientists received Noble Prize on Global Warming telling us it is. Al Gore and other famous leaders telling us it is. I mean, SO MANY... I mean thousands and thousands of people saying so.

Simply, United States is the one of FEW nations are not listening. US people don't believe in it. They keep polluting, no question. Why? US government told us it is "normal" and told us not to worry. Everything will take care of it. They are just like cows, they will believe anything what the government says.

If you are really looking up closely to other nations why they are screaming because they are affecting by it. England, Northern European, France, Spain, Canada, Japan, Australia are working so hard to keep Mother Earth clean in their own countries. China is finally doing something with their country. They felt the impact and they knew they had to do something with it, so they did.

I think it has to do with Attitudes among US people. Nations show they do care of Mother Earth.
oh lord...... allow me to clarify it for you. European countries are FAR more liberal than USA. Of course I'm not surprised they're quick to jump on bandwagon heading to...... euro-Woodstock Festival If they really care about Earth.... then they shouldn't have cut down their forests, eh? Well too late... they already lost nearly all of their forests and agriculture. Tsk tsk tsk..... They're just feeling a spank NOW for raping their land (not Earth) for centuries and USA is not even close to that severe level. We're fine. We have plenty of lands, pristine nature, etc... and we have better regulations and our agriculture sector is fine. Europe should not be lecturing us on this when they have nearly no green field left. Oh btw - if Europe really cares about Earth... then why do they have a total of 197+ nuclear power plants and 13 more under construction? USA has only 104. There are about 439 nuclear power plants in the world now.

As for Japan - they're a clean freak. They like clean surrounding. Japan is a very small country with a very limited space for its population. I'm sure they do not want to smell landfills close to their mega city. That's why they're being efficient & clean. It's a direct response & adaption to their current living situation. NOTHING TO DO WITH GLOBAL WARMING.

As for China - it's their surrounding that are showing serious, immediate impacts... from POLLUTION due to poor regulations. Factories spewing out junks into the river - hence "the Yellow River"... Factories spewing out junks into air - thus Shanghai, Beijing, etc. are coughing. Lack of regulations and poor oversight resulting in thousand of kids being sicked and killed from melamine and lead in their toys and baby foods. As you can see - Global Warming has nothing to do with it. NOTHING.
Unread 10-23-2008, 02:39 PM   #9
Jiro
If You Know What I Mean

oh btw - Yes I'm aware of "thousand of people" including authors, scientists, countries, tv channels telling us about Global Warming but like Presidential Candidate races... things said by scientific community can be taken out of context, distorted, exaggerated, etc by media and overly-zealous tree huggers. They do not truly understand the complicated check-and-balance system of Earth. You think what scientific community said is easy for Joe the Plumber to understand? You think they explained it in one simple sentence?

They merely said "yes the global warming is real" but what people do not understand is their lengthily explanation of causes and effects. Easy for media and politicians (Al Gore) to scare the public. "oooo the poor polar standing on one little piece of ice as the result of of long traffic jams and you using up one too many toilet papers!!!"
Unread 10-23-2008, 03:22 PM   #10
Maria
Premium Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't believe Global Warmin' -- it has to be somethin' else.
Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 03:27 PM   #11
Beowulf
Premium Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
No doubt Sarah Palin believes global warming is just God hugging us closer.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 03:59 PM   #12
Pinky

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am neutral believe in global warming. Not 100 % believe in. Our Earth need reduce the greenhouse. People thought it was Bush's faulted on war. I don't believe it. God is in control the earth. He created of Earth and all planet, sun, moon and stars. I trust in God is in control the earth. I don't need to worry or panic about global warming. Earth is very eldest about 20 million years old. Life is too short to worry and panic.
Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 04:01 PM   #13
Kelpies

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Polygraph Testing

I .....

Last edited by Kelpies; 10-24-2008 at 05:51 AM. Reason: wrong post
Kelpies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #14
Hermes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Hermes
Whatever is the cause, its happening out there. You dont need to be scientist to see its effects. Everybody witnesses climate changes in their local area.

-

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
Hermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 04:28 PM   #15
GarnetTigerMom

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
Whatever is the cause, its happening out there. You dont need to be scientist to see its effects. Everybody witnesses climate changes in their local area.

-
Well said! Agree witht that.

GarnetTigerMom

"The rain may be falling hard outside,
But your smile makes it all alright.
I'm so glad that you're my friend.
I know our friendship will never end."
-- Robert Alan
GarnetTigerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 04:30 PM   #16
imdeafsowhat
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:

-
For Southern California, it's hotter than usual. Up to 90 degrees. ZZZ.
Unread 10-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #17
Foxrac
FOX

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I believe in global warming, earth is 4 billions years old and formed from evolution.

Sunlight has gotten worse in many decade, also I feel like more hotter than in 90's.

Stewie is gun nut, right?
Patriot Guard Riders
Beware of NSA and they are sending manhunt to your home.
Foxrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 04:41 PM   #18
GarnetTigerMom

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrac View Post
I believe in global warming, earth is 4 billions years old and formed from evolution.

Sunlight has gotten worse in many decade, also I feel like more hotter than in 90's.
Yep, because the sun comes closer to the earth every year, so hopefully scientists or NASA come up with new ways or idea how to prevent that from happen if the sun ever get any closer to the earth. I think we are okay for now. :-)

GarnetTigerMom

-- Robert Alan
Unread 10-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #19
imdeafsowhat
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetTigerMom View Post
Yep, because the sun comes closer to the earth every year, so hopefully scientists or NASA come up with new ways or idea how to prevent that from happen if the sun ever get any closer to the earth. I think we are okay for now. :-)
We aren't going to stop the course of the sun approaching Earth. We are looking for another habitant planets and redevelop there.
Unread 10-23-2008, 04:53 PM   #20
GarnetTigerMom

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdeafsowhat View Post
We aren't going to stop the course of the sun approaching Earth. We are looking for another habitant planets and redevelop there.
I never said we can stop the sun coming closer to the earth. But I did say I hope scientists or NASA come up with a plan to help the earth being damage from the sun harmful rays. Even it that was true to live on another habitant planets, than that great unless there is water and air on the other planets. There are no possible guarantees yet if that happen unless it was safe to live on another planets. I can only believe time will tell. Just don't know when yet.

GarnetTigerMom

-- Robert Alan
Unread 10-23-2008, 05:09 PM   #21
imdeafsowhat
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
I never said we can stop the sun coming closer to the earth. But I did say I hope scientists or NASA come up with a plan to help the earth being damage from the sun harmful rays. Even it that was true to live on another habitant planets, than that great unless there is water and air on the other planets. There are no possible guarantees yet if that happen unless it was safe to live on another planets. I can only believe time will tell. Just don't know when yet.

Time is the only enemy we have in life.
Unread 10-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #22
imdeafsowhat
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You people need some laugh.

Unread 10-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #23
Foxrac
FOX

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdeafsowhat View Post
Garnet is right.

It has with global warming, when global warming goes more worse then would have more chance to sun to be closer in around of earth, we need find way to reduce of CO2 and prevent our planet, it's very difficult to drive or do anything without use oil.

Stewie is gun nut, right?
Patriot Guard Riders
Beware of NSA and they are sending manhunt to your home.
Foxrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #24
dead money

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
theres billions and billions of people on the planet so it was inevitable anyway. We can try to control it but it aint happening until the planets population declines.

So i say death to stupid people. That'll help the situation some.

mike matusow...or god for short.
dead money is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 05:22 PM   #25
imdeafsowhat
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead money View Post
theres billions and billions of people on the planet so it was inevitable anyway. We can try to control it but it aint happening until the planets population declines.

So i say death to stupid people. That'll help the situation some.
Bring the cowboy time back! BANG BANG, gallops on the horse. No where to be found.
Unread 10-23-2008, 05:24 PM   #26
Hollisterbabe7

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~♥~Pinky~♥~ View Post
I am neutral believe in global warming. Not 100 % believe in. Our Earth need reduce the greenhouse. People thought it was Bush's faulted on war. I don't believe it. God is in control the earth. He created of Earth and all planet, sun, moon and stars. I trust in God is in control the earth. I don't need to worry or panic about global warming. Earth is very eldest about 20 million years old. Life is too short to worry and panic.
Agreed with you girl....

Hollisterbabe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 05:27 PM   #27
Byrdie714
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:

-
Agree. Especially unusual weather patterns that don't affect one's area that often.
Byrdie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #28
Pinky

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrac View Post

Record Highest Temperatures by State — Infoplease.com Check the date in history.
Unread 10-23-2008, 10:05 PM   #29
Pinky

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I found an interesting link. The World Time Almanac is my favorite!

Record Lowest Temperatures by State — Infoplease.com

global warming — Infoplease.com
Unread 10-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #30
BradB08

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
Can you explain me why you dont believe it?

I am curious about your point of views..

It shocks me when I found out that there are many people out there dont believe it.. It made me wondering why you/they are thinking that way..
I used to believe in it but now I believe more in Pole Shift Theory. Pole shift hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not denying that global warming exists though. There is definitely something happening in the world and no matter what we call it, we may still be able to "fix it", despite the fact that scientists claim we have no time left for it.

Some may dismiss both as quackery but the pole-shift theory is just too interesting to dismiss completely and you will not get a visit from Al Gore if you don't believe completely in Global Warming. I wouldn't mind meeting him because after he went through the typical stuff regarding global warming, I'd ask him his thoughts on pole-shift theory.
BradB08 is offline   Reply With Quote