Are Oticon Hearing Aids Any Good?

Doug5

Reaction score
I have currently have a Beltone and have read some bad things about them. It was working good until tonight. Now its real weak. I tried replacing the battery but its still weak.

I am going to go back to the store and see what they say. It should still be under warranty. I hope I didnt get too ripped off by them. THe ha cost $1200.

Anyways, Oticon was the first ha Ive ever had and worked for over 10 years. I retired it for a stronger ha. Another thing that was nice about it was the stainless steel metal components. Im allergic to some metals. I dont seem to have any allergy to titanium or stainless steel.

My current ha irritates the back of my ear where it hangs. Theres a metal piece on the ha wear it touches my ear. Its irritating the skin.

Anyone got any suggestions of advice?

If you are keeping the irritating aid you have, Ear Gear are covers that come in several colors so only not irritating cloth touches your ear. If you are getting rid of it, then yes Oticon have very good reputation.

yeah, Im not a fan of the covers. For the money they charge you for ha, they should use stainless steel metal parts over the cheaper metal that corrodes easy.

THats what seems to be the factor whether or not Im allergic to the metal. Metals like gold and titanium that dont rust, dont bother my skin

i have a phonak ha and my friend as well and there is no metal on it accept inside

Oticons have been great for me. I have them fo 2 years now and good results + they make pleny of HA for severe/profound losses. Mine are Oticon Synchro Power. Also Sumo's are as bout as powerfull as HA get.

Come on. Just try wear a Gear for Ear. Hearing Aid Safety Device to Cover, Protect, & Prevent Loss of Children's Hearing Aids! . It will not touch your ear through metal when you're wear gear for ear. Trust me! It's protect from sweating. Check my post in your other thread of sweating.

yeah, Im not a fan of the covers. For the money they charge you for ha, they should use stainless steel metal parts over the cheaper metal that corrodes easy.

THats what seems to be the factor whether or not Im allergic to the metal. Metals like gold and titanium that dont rust, dont bother my skin

My daughter wears Oticon Gaia. They are heavy duty. They were expensive though... around $5000 for 2.

Yes, yes, must agree. They are expensive, but I cannot complain about quality, and power seems OK. my HA's 5800$- I had to sell my first born to buy them! :shock: (j/k- never had child, but metaphor to explain :giggle:)

my oticon sumo DM is easily the best hearing aid I've ever had and i've been through several styles/types and brands. I'm looking at it right now and I don't notice any metal on the outside of it.

I've always been a fan of Oticon HAs. Prior to receiving my CIs, I had a pair of Oticon 380P analog BTEs that continued to work perfectly from 1990 until the time I received my second CI in 2006. Well worth the money in terms of durability and performance.

I been using Oticon brand BTE since 1984 and it was the best BTE I ever had.

I had a pair Oticon from like 1984 to 1995 then got new set of more powerful Oticon in 1995 to when I got the CI about around 5 year ago.

I never had any problem with Oticon and it perform very well for me until I got older and my hearing got weaker so I went with CI.

my oticon sumo DM is easily the best hearing aid I've ever had and i've been through several styles/types and brands. I'm looking at it right now and I don't notice any metal on the outside of it.

I have had the Oticon SUMO DM too..worked well... I liked them I have the Seimens digital Centra now very good like it much better than the SUMO DM sound quality is better etc. plus they come with two year warrentty instead of single year for the Oticon SUMO's. but I don't really care as my insurance pays 100% for hearing aids for each ear, every 12 months nice to have great insurance plan.

I have had the Oticon SUMO DM too..worked well... I liked them I have the Seimens digital Centra now very good like it much better than the SUMO DM sound quality is better etc. plus they come with two year warrentty instead of single year for the Oticon SUMO's. but I don't really care as my insurance pays 100% for hearing aids for each ear, every 12 months nice to have great insurance plan.

That quite a fine to find a insurance plan that will pay for hearing aids every 12 months

Back