AllDeaf.com
Mobile - Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Deaf Community > General Chat
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Unread 03-30-2008, 07:46 AM   #1
Buffalo

Missing deaf people

Donna Jean Snowdon has been missing since 1987 from Rivercrest Community, Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas. She was born in 1966 and that would makes her about 41 years old now. Does anybody know her? If you do, please tell us about her and anything on the day she went missing as well.

Link: The Doe Network: Case File 1762DFTX

“The problem is not that the (deaf) students do not hear. The problem is that the hearing world does not listen. “- Rev Jesse L. Jackson ( American Civil Rights Activist, Minister)
Buffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #2
Buffalo

Missing: Lonene Ray Rogers

Another deaf woman went missing from Hayfield Township, Crawford County, PA. She was born in 1951 so she would be 56 years old now. Anybody know her?

GoErie.com :: Unsolved Murders
The Doe Network: Case File 1850DFPA (picture in here)

“The problem is not that the (deaf) students do not hear. The problem is that the hearing world does not listen. “- Rev Jesse L. Jackson ( American Civil Rights Activist, Minister)
Unread 03-30-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
GarnetTigerMom

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo View Post
Another deaf woman went missing from Hayfield Township, Crawford County, PA. She was born in 1951 so she would be 56 years old now. Anybody know her?

GoErie.com :: Unsolved Murders
The Doe Network: Case File 1850DFPA (picture in here)
Nope, don't know here, but if there a missing poster of her that would help her her be found. Someone go missing are hard to be found most of the time.

GarnetTigerMom

"The rain may be falling hard outside,
But your smile makes it all alright.
I'm so glad that you're my friend.
I know our friendship will never end."
-- Robert Alan
GarnetTigerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 11:53 AM   #4
Twelphe

If she is 56 and alive, she could've report herself found by now.
Twelphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 12:28 PM   #5
Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelphe View Post
If she is 56 and alive, she could've report herself found by now.
Either she doesn't want to be found or she is dead. She got two small children and no mother in her right mind would leave them.

Unread 03-30-2008, 12:42 PM   #6
Buffalo

Robert Ross Baird

Robert Ross Baird walked out of his home in Pocopson Township, Chester County, PA in 1998. He was born in 1951 and he would have been 56 years old now. I have a bad feeling about him because he is diabetic and insulin-dependent.

PSP: Missing Person - Robert Ross Baird

Unread 03-30-2008, 12:46 PM   #7
Buffalo

Phyllis Rome

Phyllis Rome was last seen at a night club in Clarksdale, Mississippi in 1993. She was born in 1971 and would have been 36 years old now. she also got tattoos.

National Center for Missing Adults (NCMA)

Unread 03-30-2008, 03:00 PM   #8
WBHarley

buffalo

thank you for posting these... i hope these pictures are going to help a lot for these deaf people and these hearing people who knew sign language might be very helpful..

hope these cases will be solve soon
WBHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 07:59 PM   #9
Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBHarley View Post
buffalo

thank you for posting these... i hope these pictures are going to help a lot for these deaf people and these hearing people who knew sign language might be very helpful..

hope these cases will be solve soon
Thank you. I found them at Welcome to the Doe Network and the volutneers there do search that site for a match between Does and Missing Persons. Some of them do find a match and solve the cases. I was so impressed with that and I thought why not post those Deaf persons and see what happens. I am hoping that there are some members that do know at least one of them personally and maybe tell us about him/her. That might be some clues there that can lead to solving the case(s). I won't know how it turn out unless I post them here.

Unread 04-02-2008, 03:38 PM   #10
Buffalo

I was looking at Donna Snowden's missing person report. Does anybody know where the Rivercrest Community is ? It is in Lufkin, TX which is north of Houston. Is Rivercrest Community a condo community or something? I am puzzled at so little information on Donna. It doesn't give the date of her disappearance like many other missing reports.
I am hoping that somebody in AD would know her although she disappeared back in 1987. I hope that person can fill me in on more details. Thanks.

Unread 04-02-2008, 03:51 PM   #11
Twelphe

Y'know, just to redeem myself a bit, how about sticky this thread?
Unread 04-02-2008, 03:57 PM   #12
Chase
Premium Member

Good idea, Twelphe. If it's within my power, I'll try to get 'er done.

Update: Apparently it's so easy, even I could do the job.

Last edited by Chase; 04-02-2008 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Update
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 04:02 PM   #13
Buffalo

Thanks, Twelph and Chase. I suppose only the mods has the power to make it sticky, correct?

Unread 04-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #14
Twelphe

Still on a training wheel?
Unread 04-02-2008, 04:12 PM   #15
Chase
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelphe View Post
Still on a training wheel?
Oh, yeah. I have a learning curve with very little rise. But each day brings at least one new challenge with its reward of at least a half-dozen hate PMs. Life is good. Okay, back on topic to publicize lost deafies.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #16
GalaxyAngel

Have found them yet?

Parent's proud our children.
GalaxyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #17
Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyAngel View Post
Have found them yet?
Heh, no. I am trying to get some information on any of those 4 deaf people. The DoeNetwork.org has a long listing of those missing and also another long listing of those found dead but not identified. People who look at both lists might find a good match and they will report to the police department. If the match is found, the DoeNetwork will note it and tell us. I thought I would try my luck in finding a match with any of the four I posted in here.

It would be good if all four are found and brought home for burial. That would be a good closure.

Unread 04-03-2008, 05:44 AM   #18
Phillips
Lets ride horses!

Cool.. One of deaf missing from Tx so I did e.mail to my deaf cousin cuz he's from fortworth

My journal!
http://poochie21.blogspot.com/

***Enjoy life today, Yesterday has past and Tomorrow may never come.***
Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 02:49 PM   #19
Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillips View Post
Cool.. One of deaf missing from Tx so I did e.mail to my deaf cousin cuz he's from fortworth
Great! I look forward to his answer. He can always ask other deaf people in their 40's (same age as Donna if she lives) if they remember her.

Unread 04-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #20
porchlight

Donna Jean Snowden

Hello. My name is Lauran and I am the founder of Porchlight for the Missing and Unidentified. Sadly Donna Jean Snowden has been identifed. She was actually found deceased in Texas in 1993. Tragically she was not identified until just recently, by a DNA match in the Codis database. Our group Porchlight works on these old cases by submitting possible matches with unidentified souls to law enforcement. You can read about sweet Donna's case here
Porchlight International for the Missing & Unidentified -> TXF930121 / Donna Jean Snowden

If we can ever assist anyone here, please do not hesitate to contact me at monkalup@aol.com.

Peace
porchlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #21
Interpretrator
Crime fighter

That's heartbreaking, but it sounds like you're doing great work with this Porchlight group. All the best.
Interpretrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2008, 12:20 AM   #22
Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchlight View Post
Hello. My name is Lauran and I am the founder of Porchlight for the Missing and Unidentified. Sadly Donna Jean Snowden has been identifed. She was actually found deceased in Texas in 1993. Tragically she was not identified until just recently, by a DNA match in the Codis database. Our group Porchlight works on these old cases by submitting possible matches with unidentified souls to law enforcement. You can read about sweet Donna's case here
Porchlight International for the Missing & Unidentified -> TXF930121 / Donna Jean Snowden

If we can ever assist anyone here, please do not hesitate to contact me at monkalup@aol.com.

Peace
Thank you for letting us know. I passed the information along to the DoeNetwork.org. It is sad to know the demise of such a pretty girl.

I have bookmarked your Porchlight International. One more website for me to browse and learn. When I came across the DoeNetwork.org, I thought it is a wonderful way to volunteer.

Unread 04-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #23
Buffalo

Donna Jean Snowden's body was found east of Houston. Does anybody in Tx that knew her, know why she would be going to Houston? Deaf club? a new boyfriend? a close friend?

Unread 04-10-2008, 05:14 PM   #24
Etoile

Quote:
Phyllis Rome was last seen at a night club in Clarksdale, Mississippi in 1993. She was born in 1971 and would have been 36 years old now. she also got tattoos.

National Center for Missing Adults (NCMA)
Ironic that her page lists her as "deaf and mute" but she is shown pictured holding a telephone. I wonder if that would confuse some people who saw her pictures.
Etoile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 11:48 AM   #25
m_allen22

Quote:
Donna Jean Snowdon has been missing since 1987 from Rivercrest Community, Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas. She was born in 1966 and that would makes her about 41 years old now. Does anybody know her? If you do, please tell us about her and anything on the day she went missing as well.

Link: The Doe Network: Case File 1762DFTX
My name is Mary Allen. I am not deaf but my mother was Donna Jean Snowden .
I didn't know her she left me when I was 5 years old I am now 23. She really went missing in 1990 the cops found her dead in 1993, She was murdered. They still don't know who did it and will proabaly never find out.She
chose drugs over me and my sister that's why she left us, we didn't find out until 2008 that they found her, so all this time I just assumed she didn't want us and was still out there somewhere. After I found out she was dead I am still mad at her because she had left us in the first place, she also had between 1990 and 1993 to get off drugs and be a mom and come back but she didn't. I really don't want to put her as a bad person, people tell me before she got on drugs she was a really good person and a good mom. But I'll never know and never get to ask her WHY. I am now a proud mom of two great boys and would never leave them. I am sorry I went on and on I haven't talked about it since I found out and it was just all coming out. I am still confused on how to feel but I forgive her for what she did. I just wish I had a chance to tell her.
m_allen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 12:26 PM   #26
m_allen22

My name is Mary Allen I am her youngest daughter. She was in Houstan because she left my dad took me and my sister to live with her boyfriend. Then she left me and my sister from there and we never saw her again. That happened in 1990.
m_allen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 02:21 PM   #27
Etoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_allen22 View Post
My name is Mary Allen. I am not deaf but my mother was Donna Jean Snowden .
I didn't know her she left me when I was 5 years old I am now 23. She really went missing in 1990 the cops found her dead in 1993, She was murdered. They still don't know who did it and will proabaly never find out.She
chose drugs over me and my sister that's why she left us, we didn't find out until 2008 that they found her, so all this time I just assumed she didn't want us and was still out there somewhere. After I found out she was dead I am still mad at her because she had left us in the first place, she also had between 1990 and 1993 to get off drugs and be a mom and come back but she didn't. I really don't want to put her as a bad person, people tell me before she got on drugs she was a really good person and a good mom. But I'll never know and never get to ask her WHY. I am now a proud mom of two great boys and would never leave them. I am sorry I went on and on I haven't talked about it since I found out and it was just all coming out. I am still confused on how to feel but I forgive her for what she did. I just wish I had a chance to tell her.
I am so sorry for your loss. According to the Porchlight website that is linked to earlier in this thread, she had been deceased for a few years by the time she was found in 1993. So most likely she was killed shortly after she disappeared. She didn't have a chance to come back to you and be a mom...she was gone too soon.

I'm so sorry.
Unread 10-30-2008, 02:26 PM   #28
Etoile

Missing: Porschette Charslyn Evans

The Charley Project: Porschette Charslyn Evans

She was last seen at Gallaudet in 2004. She apparently has a medical condition in addition to being deaf, her physical description talks about scars from a breathing machine.

DC must have deaf homeless...maybe someone knows her...
Unread 10-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #29
Etoile

Missing: Khoi Dang Vu

Missing since April 2007: Khoi Dang Vu. He may also have mental and physical impairments in addition to deafness. Missing from Washington state.
Federal Bureau of Investigation Missing Person - Khoi Dang Vu
Unread 11-02-2008, 03:00 PM   #30
freckles

anyone knows Emendo 'Charles' Bowers from Memphis, California?

I'm thinking about declare him as missing person. I've called every local funeral home, hospitals, morgue centers, and local prisons - no one knows him by the name.

I just hope he's either okay or died peacefully. had a heart problem for too long time now.
freckles is offline   Reply With Quote