Poll for Deaf People: Which sign language you use? ASL, PSE, SEE, etc...

Poll for Deaf people. Which sign language you use?

• Total voters

gxa2017

Reaction score
I use mixture of SEE and ASL. What about you?

Despite that I am Australian here.. but I use ASL for my VLOGS. (Maybe a bit of PSE :dunno:)

ASL. But when I'm using an intepreter or talking with a hearing person, I usually have to switch to English-based signing so they can follow me :). I very seldom find an interpreter who can truly use and interpret ASL. I've learned S.E.E. (or Manually Coded English) but do not use it personally.

I use mixture of SEE and ASL. What about you?

FYI, you re using "contact" sign language.

Contact Sign is a variety or style of language that arises from contact between a Deaf sign language and a spoken language (or the written or manually coded form of the spoken language). Contact languages also arise between different sign languages, although the term pidgin rather than Contact Sign is used to describe such phenomena

Contact Sign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am not deaf, when I am using sign lanuage mostly a mixture of ASL and PSE.

I clicked on mixture as I know both ASL and PSE, and mode depends on who I talk to, but I don't mix 'em. So I should perhaps have pressed ASL as that's what I prefer when partying with americans.:cheers:

I tend to transition between SEE and PSE, but I still have trouble understanding ASL... getting there, though. It strongly depends on who I'm talking to.

I am confused to as which one I should click on...mixture or PSE? I clicked on PSE since it's "contact sign" and I have never heard of mixture until this thread.

Back