Personal Pager or Wi-Fi pager

rhr

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I need look and buy for Peronal Pager or Pager's Wi-fi/carries for doorbell and phone, or more

I don't want talk about deafworks

I have Alertmaster Peronsal Pager but it is probelm first time 18 hours, four month later, 6 hours but lose 12 hours, I don't want re-battery charage, I fed up three time every 4 months

I know Sideside, blackberry, etc.. long life battery,

any idea? Do you have use doorbell and phone ring to pager?

Have you thought of other alternatives such as phone or door flasher?

Wifi and bluetooth devices both are very power hungry, I thought about a 2-way radio that vibrates and started researching it, There are many hand-held radios that vibrate but, apparently using one to page your self like this is against the FCC regulations.

FRS FAQ

Wifi and bluetooth devices both are very power hungry, I thought about a 2-way radio that vibrates and started researching it, There are many hand-held radios that vibrate but, apparently using one to page your self like this is against the FCC regulations.

FRS FAQ

Not neccessary on FCC violation. If the alerting device dials and sends SMS message or using Email via dedicated computer for alerting, it's legal, trust me. I would use whatever the technology provides.. I've had software called "Xray Vision" from X10 website. It's free and it takes pix from webcam and sent Email w/ pix attachment to my SK2 Email automatically and is configurable to send email once in every 2 min or every hour or so. It works fairly well. X10 DOES have alerting software that sends Email if someone rang doorbell or phone rings. You'll have to do Google Search on such things and also visit X10 website. I've seen those and didn't bother to have one cuz of my budget.

I have Sonic Alert system but doesn't use batteries. Sound like you have wireless doorbell ringer (SA just put wireless doorbell ringer to market few months ago and my wife got it free from VR LOL, why extra!! cuz got new SA T800 Doorbell/telephone transmitter last June to replaced very very old and worned out SA doorbell/telephone transmitter), I would modify it to plug transformer to wireless device and forget about changing battery.. I might be wrong if you are wearing a portable alerter. Try rechargeable battery and put it in charger overnight while you sleep? In that way you'll not having to replace batteries often.

Catty

Also if bluetooth device are being used to send urself a signal, it's still legal CUZ it only transmits up to 25 feet or 100 feet w/ antenna. So what the big deal out of it. If you developed one that can transmit 1 miles or more (like you go to shopping mall 3 miles from where you live) then you'll worry about FCC hounding on you and hoping they won't catch you LOL. I recalled that FCC only allow anyone transmit signal up to 300 feet as long as it doesn't interfere radio or TV or any devices that receives wireless signals. Signal must be tuned by Crystal or High or Low pass filter. You can try modifying old toy Radio Control transmitter and use receiver as your personal alerter (If you're good w/ electronics like I do). It's still legal tho cuz it can't transmit further than 200 ft cuz it was pre-approved by FCC even you modify it afterward as long as you're using original signal LOL.

Some people breaks FCC rules and still using it. FCC can't track Millions and Millions of people across USA. They can only track and narrow down to one culprit ONLY if neighbors calls and complains about static or noises on radio, cordless phone and tv signal or devices operates on it's own regardless their effort to fix the problem. IF you live out in farm area, then who cares!!! I've read article about guy who was caught transmitted homemade localized TV signal to neighborhood (perhap 500 ft radius) to allow anyone watch rental movies free which is a violation of FCC and Copyright law LOL.

Oh well remember it's free country! If anyone disagree with me, Sorry it's their problem...

Catty

why, Blackberry, SK, any pager about up to 8 days for standby but
I have old blackberry 9720 few years ago, I use it one year never exchange battery but my peronal pager only 16 hours but only 4 months low battery and dead soon exp: new - 16 hours, next month - 13 hours, next month - 10 hours, next month - 7 hours, etc...

I wish blackberry's batery in personal pager ha

why, Blackberry, SK, any pager about up to 8 days for standby but
I have old blackberry 9720 few years ago, I use it one year never exchange battery but my peronal pager only 16 hours but only 4 months low battery and dead soon exp: new - 16 hours, next month - 13 hours, next month - 10 hours, next month - 7 hours, etc...

I wish blackberry's batery in personal pager ha
rhr, you mean your blackberry is 7920, am I correct?

So, I read your post about 7920's battery really interesting me. wow I wish that 7920's battery in my curve.. lol. I have no idea why BB, SK, others stay up to 8 days for standby. excuse me, I have lack of knowledge about that.

but SK's battery is drain quick like a day. I like Blackberry's battery is stay longer like 2 to 2 days and half when I use and not use it a while.

Sorry, correct is 7920 but not 9720 opps!
Yes 7920 is 8 days standby becuase band is slow than 56k
no more move 7940, I don't remember from Sprint / Nextel, between only 8 and 24 hours standby becuase more high speed. I know new blackberry 2 to 3 days with high speed

rhr, you mean your blackberry is 7920, am I correct?

So, I read your post about 7920's battery really interesting me. wow I wish that 7920's battery in my curve.. lol. I have no idea why BB, SK, others stay up to 8 days for standby. excuse me, I have lack of knowledge about that that old my job

but SK's battery is drain quick like a day. I like Blackberry's battery is stay longer like 2 to 2 days and half when I use and not use it a while.

Hello Guys,
It's possible to cobble together a system.

1. Use a home automation system such as X10 which can provide flashing lights for phone ringings, etc. (from places like ww.smarthome.com). These aren't normally for the deaf but these are often superior to some of the deaf-made stuff.
Description: X10-comaptible Radio-Frequency Receiver
(Any compatible receiver will do - even the cheap $25 one - Model 4005x purchased on SmartHome)

2. Buy a button that sends a home automation signal
Such as X10 Big Red Doorbell ($20)
Although I hate X10.com due to their crummy advertisements (I prefer smarthome.com)
But they use the same "x10" communications protocol that is also used by Black&Decker Freewire, RCA X10 units, IBM Home Director, and other "x10-compatible" kits. Some of them are rather cheap, remote control a bunch of your lights for less than $100

3. Obtain home automation computer adaptor and software (i.e. compatible with an X10 computer interface), such as HOMESEER.COM or other software.
(This is the expensive part - some software cost only $50, while other software cost $200 especially the more powerful software. But hey, some of them have free trials and discounts for certain things)

4. Configure the software's menus software to automatically send you an email (or run a computer program, or flash a light, or flash all lights, or ALL THE ABOVE) whenever somebody presses the doorbell.
Press doorbell -- your lights flash AND your BlackBerry/Sidekick receives an email ("Subject: DOORBELL RUNG at 12:45!" on your pager)

Yes, overkill solution but it's the "elite luxury" solution far superior to the crappy deaf products. An advantage is you can also build your security alarm, or have one button "turn the whole house off" (good for bedtime, good for when leaving home), from these modular plug-in wireless adaptors - no house rewiring needed!

You can mix&match different brands, even RCA, even Black&Decker, even IBM, or even the x10.com junk, all together -- they communicate using the same automation protocol. (IBM automation remote can turn an RCA light automation switch off, etc)

(Note: If you try X10 and find it unreliable, contact me - there are tips to make it reliable, including the plug-in BoosterLinc amplifier available at SmartHome)

Best website is obviously SMARTHOME and HOMESEER, but there's also power-home.com / homedomination.com / Promixis / etc ... Lots of choices for computer-controlling your home lighting for cheap, driven by remote controls, burglar, smoke alarm, doorbells, telephone, sunrise/sunset, bed alarm! Make them all work together in one big automation network! No wiring needed -- modules are wireless, just plug them into the socket, then plug the lamp into the module. Replacement wall switches and wireless velcro-on wall switches are also available, if you want to also want to optionally make your wall switches remote controllable too...

I began just by buying a $30 kit (consisting of a remote control, 2 lamp controller modules, and a radio receiver) - which can be then expanded with adding a computer module and software, as well as the doorbell. You can probably pulloff the doorbell for less than $150 (remember this is a complete home automation system so you gain bonus features such as being able to remotely control/dim/brighten your lights from your sofa, etc.)

These aren't deaf products, but they are great for the deaf too!

We deaf geeks (with the know-how) have it pretty nice :)

Last edited:
I have been thinking about buying a personal home pager. I need one. When I'm outside working in the backyard or in the basement if someone rings a doorbell and alert a video phone calls. I don't give a crap about too many wireless devices in my house.

I would like to use a home wireless pager to alert two wireless indoor devices for a doorbell and a video phone. A home pager is a "temporary" for me. You know sometimes I deeply focus myself busy in the basement without seeing a strobe light. I'm sure that you have the same thing. I would accept to use a pager that provides a smoke alarm and a background sound noise.

I sent an email to a company about my questions, and he/she wasn't helpful. I think that the salesperson is deaf. The saleperson didn't give some advices which one might be a good one for me.

I may think I like a Silent Call pager which seems nice, small, and convenience for me to carry with.

I have an Alertmaster AM-6000. I learned that the Silence Call pager is not compatible with the Alertmaster - I think that it is incredibly stupid because they are just the "same" wireless in the air - sigh. I think I have to give up using the Alertmaster because the company sells its own pager, and it looks so big - maybe a bigger device than a normal pager's size.

Any advice? Which home pager do you like the most?

Hi, I am sorry, I not want it becuase flash light hard to my eyes, I like press bell or phone into my personal pager on my body without flash light, but if buy lot of flash light $$$$$$$, but only one personal pager alone no need buy another flash light
personal pager work any outside, toilet, kichen, can't see flash light

It's possible to cobble together a system.

1. Use a home automation system such as X10 which can provide flashing lights for phone ringings, etc. (from places like ww.smarthome.com). These aren't normally for the deaf but these are often superior to some of the deaf-made stuff.
Description: X10-comaptible Radio-Frequency Receiver
(Any compatible receiver will do - even the cheap $25 one - Model 4005x purchased on SmartHome)

2. Buy a button that sends a home automation signal
Such as X10 Big Red Doorbell ($20)
Although I hate X10.com due to their crummy advertisements (I prefer smarthome.com)
But they use the same "x10" communications protocol that is also used by Black&Decker Freewire, RCA X10 units, IBM Home Director, and other "x10-compatible" kits. Some of them are rather cheap, remote control a bunch of your lights for less than $100

3. Obtain home automation computer adaptor and software (i.e. compatible with an X10 computer interface), such as HOMESEER.COM or other software.
(This is the expensive part - some software cost only $50, while other software cost $200 especially the more powerful software. But hey, some of them have free trials and discounts for certain things)

4. Configure the software's menus software to automatically send you an email (or run a computer program, or flash a light, or flash all lights, or ALL THE ABOVE) whenever somebody presses the doorbell.
Press doorbell -- your lights flash AND your BlackBerry/Sidekick receives an email ("Subject: DOORBELL RUNG at 12:45!" on your pager)

Yes, overkill solution but it's the "elite luxury" solution far superior to the crappy deaf products. An advantage is you can also build your security alarm, or have one button "turn the whole house off" (good for bedtime, good for when leaving home), from these modular plug-in wireless adaptors - no house rewiring needed!

You can mix&match different brands, even RCA, even Black&Decker, even IBM, or even the x10.com junk, all together -- they communicate using the same automation protocol. (IBM automation remote can turn an RCA light automation switch off, etc)

(Note: If you try X10 and find it unreliable, contact me - there are tips to make it reliable, including the plug-in BoosterLinc amplifier available at SmartHome)

Best website is obviously SMARTHOME and HOMESEER, but there's also power-home.com / homedomination.com / Promixis / etc ... Lots of choices for computer-controlling your home lighting for cheap, driven by remote controls, burglar, smoke alarm, doorbells, telephone, sunrise/sunset, bed alarm! Make them all work together in one big automation network! No wiring needed -- modules are wireless, just plug them into the socket, then plug the lamp into the module. Replacement wall switches and wireless velcro-on wall switches are also available, if you want to also want to optionally make your wall switches remote controllable too...

I began just by buying a $30 kit (consisting of a remote control, 2 lamp controller modules, and a radio receiver) - which can be then expanded with adding a computer module and software, as well as the doorbell. You can probably pulloff the doorbell for less than $150 (remember this is a complete home automation system so you gain bonus features such as being able to remotely control/dim/brighten your lights from your sofa, etc.)

These aren't deaf products, but they are great for the deaf too!

We deaf geeks (with the know-how) have it pretty nice :)

I found a product that I think will do what you need:

PrivatePage&reg PS2000AN Paging System Base - Command Communications PS2000

You can attach up to two external buttons to it, read the user's manual for information, I looked and it should be easy to wire it to a doorbell.

Total cost will be around $200 for the transmitter and one vibrating pager, the pager runs on regular AAA batteries, and there's no subscription or service plans involved.

I believe that you are looking for a Silent Call that has a vibration. It tells you which one is active such as a doorbell or a phone ring or a smoke alarm. This is what I am looking for. Here is on Harris Communications Read careful and select the right ones. (Or, find another website for better prices for the same product.) Good Luck.

At first, I thought that a Private Page would let them know that someone is ringing a doorbell or a phone ring. This is not the right one for him. It is really for employees at work to receive a "vibration message" from their boss, and they have to come to see their boss or meet a manager somewhere in the shop. It is excellent for deaf employees. In other words, it has no text message, and it is only for vibration. The boss presses a code number on the main device to call the employee(s) with their pager.

For a Silent Call pager, yes, I believe that it is for us. One of the Silent devices "alerts" the Silent Call pager. The Silent Call pager contains three different color lights that tells you which one light appears on the device such as a telephone, doorbell, smoke alarm, and a background noise. I think that it is nice. I don't know what are the pros and cons for this device. Hope that helps.

Here are some examples of Silent Call devices:

Doorbell device:

doorbelldevice.jpg

Vibration Pager device (included a plug which is for a build-in rechargeable battery):

silentpager.jpg

Phone device:

silentpagerphone.jpg

it is nice, but I hate Battery, it is not lifttime, every refill
I like Blackberry, cell, etc.. have lifttime recharge battery, they are 5-8 days for standby, talk is 3-5 hours, than my old personal Pager is standby 16 hours!

I need find strong recharge battery in personal pager or bell/phone support to any pager

I found a product that I think will do what you need:

PrivatePage&reg PS2000AN Paging System Base - Command Communications PS2000

You can attach up to two external buttons to it, read the user's manual for information, I looked and it should be easy to wire it to a doorbell.

Total cost will be around $200 for the transmitter and one vibrating pager, the pager runs on regular AAA batteries, and there's no subscription or service plans involved.

Yes, I did look all deaf store, nothing but only Alertmaster 6000 and personal pager, I have them, but I am mad for personal pager is weak only up 18 hours later 4 months 18 is gone, only 6 hours, I hate refill recharge battery, I like Blackberry's or cell's strong battery

I believe that you are looking for a Silent Call that has a vibration. It tells you which one is active such as a doorbell or a phone ring or a smoke alarm. This is what I am looking for. Here is on Harris Communications Read careful and select the right ones. (Or, find another website for better prices for the same product.) Good Luck.

oh see it same like Alertmaster's personal pager

How long Silent Call Pager lifttime recharge battery?
1) how long feed recharige battery from plug power supply?
2) how long standby?
3) how long refill rechage battery?

Here are some examples of Silent Call devices:

Doorbell device:

doorbelldevice.jpg

Vibration Pager device (included a plug which is for a build-in rechargeable battery):

silentpager.jpg

Phone device:

silentpagerphone.jpg

Actually, I am still waiting for the email with my questions from the company before I order these stuff for my VP-200. The salesperson is a slowpoke since yesterday.

What about a hearing service dog at home?

Back