AllDeaf.com
Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Miscellaneous > On-topic Debates > Religion, Spiritual & Other Beliefs
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Advertisement
Advertisement
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-10-2007, 02:06 AM   #1
Throwstones
Registered User
 
Throwstones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 548
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Throwstones Send a message via Yahoo to Throwstones
Lightbulb GOD knows when you will die?

The bible says, "And as it is appointed unto men, once to die, but after this the judgment;" Hebrews 9:27

God already know your life and my life from born till death before God created us on the earth. Therefore, He already set appointment of our death, but not tell us when we will die. You have to be prepared on your death where you will go after your death will be.

Throwstones is offline  
Unread 02-10-2007, 06:05 AM   #2
Dark-Half
Registered User
 
Dark-Half's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Idaho.
Posts: 852
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Dark-Half
Spooky. I guess this is why he hates people who suicide. They screw up his schedules.
__________________
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Dark-Half is offline  
Unread 02-10-2007, 11:40 AM   #3
shel90
Audist are not welcome
 
shel90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: A place where crabs are popular
Posts: 43,805
Blog Entries: 3
Likes: 81
Liked 164 Times in 94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Half View Post
Spooky. I guess this is why he hates people who suicide. They screw up his schedules.
Or maybe he knew they will commit suicide? But that is funny. Bad but funny.
__________________
"Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it."

--- Anonymous
shel90 is offline  
Unread 02-10-2007, 12:58 PM   #4
VamPyroX
bloody phreak from hell
 
VamPyroX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: 40.18, 58.41
Posts: 34,420
Likes: 0
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to VamPyroX Send a message via AIM to VamPyroX Send a message via Yahoo to VamPyroX
Hmm... if God hates suicides because they throw off his schedule, then that means God doesn't really know when we will really die.

On the other hand, if God knows that we will die... even through suicide; then that means that he knew when he created life that the person he created was going to commit suicide. In other words, God also encourages suicide.
__________________
Check out my city... CLICK HERE!
(If you've already visited yesterday, visit again today!)
VamPyroX is offline  
Unread 02-10-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
Dark-Half
Registered User
 
Dark-Half's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Idaho.
Posts: 852
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Dark-Half
Oh burn! Good one. I don't think bible thumpers are going to be able explain this one. It's like presenting a robot a logic paradox and it's mind goes boom.
__________________
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Dark-Half is offline  
Unread 02-10-2007, 04:06 PM   #6
Mistyrose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by VamPyroX View Post
Hmm... if God hates suicides because they throw off his schedule, then that means God doesn't really know when we will really die.

On the other hand, if God knows that we will die... even through suicide; then that means that he knew when he created life that the person he created was going to commit suicide. In other words, God also encourages suicide.
Im sorry im gonna have to disagree with you on this one because
suicide is a sin, remember? It says so in the Bible. So if you commit
suicide, you go to Hell. So of course, God DOES NOT ENCOURAGES
SUICIDE, period.
 
Unread 02-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #7
EagleCherokee63
Registered User
 
EagleCherokee63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,080
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VamPyroX View Post
Hmm... if God hates suicides because they throw off his schedule, then that means God doesn't really know when we will really die.

On the other hand, if God knows that we will die... even through suicide; then that means that he knew when he created life that the person he created was going to commit suicide. In other words, God also encourages suicide.
Yes, God knew when you will die. God not wanted that people be suicide It means they are against God's law. I agreed with Defee. I show you Bible verses

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

You can read Who is God?


Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

1 To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up [that which is] planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
EagleCherokee63 is offline  
Unread 02-11-2007, 04:07 AM   #8
Dark-Half
Registered User
 
Dark-Half's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Idaho.
Posts: 852
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Dark-Half
That's just it- if God knows when you're going to die and set a date for you, this was by his will. So if you're going to die by suicide, it was also his will because he choose the date you were to die.

If he didn't choose the date you were to die, even by suicide, it contradicts that he knows when you'll die and set the date for you. This is a perfect example of a logical paradox.
__________________
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Dark-Half is offline  
Unread 02-12-2007, 12:59 AM   #9
Throwstones
Registered User
 
Throwstones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 548
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Throwstones Send a message via Yahoo to Throwstones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Half View Post
That's just it- if God knows when you're going to die and set a date for you, this was by his will. So if you're going to die by suicide, it was also his will because he choose the date you were to die.

If he didn't choose the date you were to die, even by suicide, it contradicts that he knows when you'll die and set the date for you. This is a perfect example of a logical paradox.
Excuse me, Dark-Half! this is not very nice to say about suicide issue which you put blaming on GOD's planning. GOD never says about suicide on anyone's death. GOD does not make person do it. GOD is handing off and let that person decide to do with a life that he/she makes a fault on their life thru suicide. Everyone can't blame on GOD for this planning! It is between you and your life to decide!
Throwstones is offline  
Unread 02-12-2007, 05:36 AM   #10
Liebling:-)))
Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
 
Liebling:-)))'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 31,036
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't beleive to blame God for choose who will die... It's us and our body who decide to die...

Example: A good person who have to die early than a bad person... I often see many good person who have to die before a bad persons... Should we blame God for that? No!
Liebling:-))) is offline  
Unread 02-12-2007, 06:49 AM   #11
Maria
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,325
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
God gave every person a free will and choice. It's a person's decision to make what kind of life a person make. It's not God's decision to run a person's life. If, a person decide to commit suicide - then, it's that person who takes it away, not God.

So, don't put a blame on God about people's commitin' suicide. If, it involves about a schedule, it's a person's decide to chose the time and date to die -- not God. And, of course God knows your death's date and time. He knows who you really are before you were born. And, He knows your future as well. He just dropped you off ( Breathin' of Life ) when your mother gave birth of you and welcomed you to this world.
Maria is offline  
Unread 02-13-2007, 09:16 AM   #12
Dark-Half
Registered User
 
Dark-Half's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Idaho.
Posts: 852
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Dark-Half
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwstones View Post
Excuse me, Dark-Half! this is not very nice to say about suicide issue which you put blaming on GOD's planning. GOD never says about suicide on anyone's death. GOD does not make person do it. GOD is handing off and let that person decide to do with a life that he/she makes a fault on their life thru suicide. Everyone can't blame on GOD for this planning! It is between you and your life to decide!
I'm not blaming anybody, I'm clarifying that there's a contradiction with stating that God has a set date for when people die and those who commit suicide.

Words, when constructed a certian way basically explain something, in this instance it says he is the executioneer of our life if he MAKES the dates. It's better to say it in a format that Cyberred and Liebling have mentioned. He knows when we will die, just it wasn't his will. Although by this logic it also means that our lives are pre-determined, unless the date we will die is dynamic as in a /possiblity/ that we will die on the said date, but surely. Something to think about.
__________________
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Dark-Half is offline  
Unread 02-13-2007, 11:02 AM   #13
lumbingmi
Registered User
 
lumbingmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,459
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ofcourse! God is omniscient !!

That means he already knew your fate at the moment when you were born. He know when you will die by unforeseen circumstance or take your life.

So the answer for this thread is Yes God knows when you die and have plan for you whether u like it or not.
__________________
Picard: Seize the time, Meribor, live now. Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.
Meribor: I love you, father.




If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a veteran.
lumbingmi is offline  
Unread 02-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #14
Mistyrose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGOFNOOBS View Post
Ofcourse! God is omniscient !!

That means he already knew your fate at the moment when you were born. He know when you will die by unforeseen circumstance or take your life.

So the answer for this thread is Yes God knows when you die and have plan for you whether u like it or not.
That is correct!!
Dark Half...you are so wrong! God does not plan suicide for nobody.
Only people does it by their own hand and it is a SIN, PERIOD!
 
Unread 02-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #15
christlovedeaf
Registered User
 
christlovedeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: toledo,ohio
Posts: 1,868
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to christlovedeaf Send a message via Yahoo to christlovedeaf
Yeah, it is argumentive about if suicide pardon or unpardon. Nowhere in the Bible that said suicide is unpardon. Those who are in Christ, nothing take salvation away, even suicide cant do. But, remember this, suicide is God big dissappointment and the blessing will be cut short. Those who consider suicide, i encourage you not to. Suicide will not solve any problem and you will not have any 2nd choice. Be strong, and let God enable you thru even this very painful moment.
christlovedeaf is offline  
Unread 02-13-2007, 10:35 PM   #16
Throwstones
Registered User
 
Throwstones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 548
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Throwstones Send a message via Yahoo to Throwstones
Quote:
Originally Posted by christlovedeaf View Post
Yeah, it is argumentive about if suicide pardon or unpardon. Nowhere in the Bible that said suicide is unpardon. Those who are in Christ, nothing take salvation away, even suicide cant do. But, remember this, suicide is God big dissappointment and the blessing will be cut short. Those who consider suicide, i encourage you not to. Suicide will not solve any problem and you will not have any 2nd choice. Be strong, and let God enable you thru even this very painful moment.
I absoluately agree with Christlovedeaf 100%. I know that suicide is not good idea to do that without GOD's powerful. Suicide is considered to be committing sin and criminal in GOD's eye! Can't tell GOD to twist your life with suicide! There is nothing to solve suicide's problem even can't escape from the problems! There will not have greatest blessing in suicide issues!
Throwstones is offline  
Unread 02-13-2007, 11:04 PM   #17
Askjo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 722
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Half View Post
Spooky. I guess this is why he hates people who suicide. They screw up his schedules.
Anyone who did suicide is not sober. As likewise as a drunkard driver who caused car accident, killed himself. When a person is not sober, God will take care of him. When a person is a sober, God let him take care of himself.
Askjo is offline  
Unread 02-14-2007, 03:41 AM   #18
spainmale
Registered User
 
spainmale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 249
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
God doesnt like the way they kill themselves. Its a sin becuz they are not saved and repent..
spainmale is offline  
Unread 02-14-2007, 08:26 AM   #19
Kalista
Premium Member
 
Kalista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 8,156
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liebling:-))) View Post
I don't beleive to blame God for choose who will die... It's us and our body who decide to die...

Example: A good person who have to die early than a bad person... I often see many good person who have to die before a bad persons... Should we blame God for that? No!

yes I agree with you. My mom and husband gone. They are very good people to everyone ! Everyone loves them !
Kalista is offline  
Unread 02-14-2007, 10:38 PM   #20
EagleCherokee63
Registered User
 
EagleCherokee63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,080
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
God is not the type to killing the people! For an example, when a new baby bird hatched out from an egg. OK God is like holding a new egg in His hand. So did God took the egg and smashed them down? It really does not making any sense when you think God killed those people! God really cared about the people.

When a person do sinful nature (suicide, depression, alcoholisms, negative things in life, not feeling important, etc) against God's will then it was your choice to make your own decision. It was not coming from God! He loved those people very much in this world!!

God is very loving and sensitive that He is holding an egg in His hand. He is very concern about your life whether it is good or bad. When He see you a cracked egg and He will not destroyed you at all!!! He will restored you from the cracked egg to serve Him! He would be very very heartbroken if you killed yourself like a broken egg in His hand.

Askjo, spainmale, & christlovedeaf are correct about this issues.
EagleCherokee63 is offline  
Unread 02-15-2007, 02:56 AM   #21
VamPyroX
bloody phreak from hell
 
VamPyroX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: 40.18, 58.41
Posts: 34,420
Likes: 0
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to VamPyroX Send a message via AIM to VamPyroX Send a message via Yahoo to VamPyroX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Half View Post
That's just it- if God knows when you're going to die and set a date for you, this was by his will. So if you're going to die by suicide, it was also his will because he choose the date you were to die.

If he didn't choose the date you were to die, even by suicide, it contradicts that he knows when you'll die and set the date for you. This is a perfect example of a logical paradox.
Yeah, it's like he allowed you to be born to let you die and go to hell. Pretty much defeats the purpose of letting us to go heaven, eh?
__________________
Check out my city... CLICK HERE!
(If you've already visited yesterday, visit again today!)
VamPyroX is offline  
Unread 02-16-2007, 04:40 PM   #22
Dark-Half
Registered User
 
Dark-Half's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Idaho.
Posts: 852
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Dark-Half
The bible is filled with logical contradictions. People word their own ideas as well and add to that list of contradictions.

Take note of what Throwstones said.

"Therefore, He already set appointment of our death, but not tell us when we will die. "

Now following that logic

If person A sets the appointment of your death purposfully it will also mean person A will choose how you will die because person A is the one who set the date. Not the natural selection, not murphy's law, not the darwin theory, not the fact that we get old, too fat, eat too much fast food, don't take care of our bodies, take too many drugs.

It ain't God doing anything about our deaths. It's us and the fact we age. How well we take care of our bodies will determine how long we will live- ultimately it contradicts free will to say someone already knows how our lives are going to play out. Pretty much means exactly what you said (even though it was sarcasm), we're doomed to either go to heaven or hell depending on the path the said person picked for us... Unless! Our fates are dynamic and contiously changing with every action we take. I forget the theory but for every possible action we can do in time, a spatial dimension exists, and it continues to sprial outward widening as each action we take. Which changes the date of our dimise. Conclusion? It's better to say God knows the possible dates we will die depending on the choices we make, and by these choices we still have free will.
__________________
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Dark-Half is offline  
Unread 02-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #23
jazzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: High desert in Calif
Posts: 4,208
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
God would allow me to die on my own choice, not His.
__________________
jazzy is offline  
Unread 02-16-2007, 05:35 PM   #24
shel90
Audist are not welcome
 
shel90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: A place where crabs are popular
Posts: 43,805
Blog Entries: 3
Likes: 81
Liked 164 Times in 94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Half View Post
The bible is filled with logical contradictions. People word their own ideas as well and add to that list of contradictions.

Take note of what Throwstones said.

"Therefore, He already set appointment of our death, but not tell us when we will die. "

Now following that logic

If person A sets the appointment of your death purposfully it will also mean person A will choose how you will die because person A is the one who set the date. Not the natural selection, not murphy's law, not the darwin theory, not the fact that we get old, too fat, eat too much fast food, don't take care of our bodies, take too many drugs.

It ain't God doing anything about our deaths. It's us and the fact we age. How well we take care of our bodies will determine how long we will live- ultimately it contradicts free will to say someone already knows how our lives are going to play out. Pretty much means exactly what you said (even though it was sarcasm), we're doomed to either go to heaven or hell depending on the path the said person picked for us... Unless! Our fates are dynamic and contiously changing with every action we take. I forget the theory but for every possible action we can do in time, a spatial dimension exists, and it continues to sprial outward widening as each action we take. Which changes the date of our dimise. Conclusion? It's better to say God knows the possible dates we will die depending on the choices we make, and by these choices we still have free will.
I like that theory.
__________________
"Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it."

--- Anonymous
shel90 is offline  
Unread 02-16-2007, 06:29 PM   #25
Throwstones
Registered User
 
Throwstones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 548
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Throwstones Send a message via Yahoo to Throwstones
Let me say repeatly THIS IS FROM THE BIBLE speaking thru GOD's word say, The bible says, "And as it is appointed unto men, once to die, but after this the judgment;" Hebrews 9:27

God already know your life and my life from born till death before God created us on the earth. Therefore, He already set appointment of our death, but not tell us when we will die. You have to be prepared on your death where you will go after your death will be.
Throwstones is offline  
Unread 02-16-2007, 08:44 PM   #26
Dark-Half
Registered User
 
Dark-Half's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Idaho.
Posts: 852
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Dark-Half
That only strengthens my argument that the bible is full of contradictions if it indeed is from a passage.

If our time of death is pre-determined, then we have no free will at all. It won't matter what we do because we're on a one-way ticket to hell or heaven. By that logic when we're just born, we're already determined to go somewhere. Nothing will change, we would have no control over who we are, what we do, who we affect. That's pretty much what it says.
__________________
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Dark-Half is offline  
Unread 02-16-2007, 08:54 PM   #27
christlovedeaf
Registered User
 
christlovedeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: toledo,ohio
Posts: 1,868
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to christlovedeaf Send a message via Yahoo to christlovedeaf
It's argumentive. In human theories, there is no way knowing how God sees. Death is part of our life. In Ecc. in the OT described about our lives here on earth. Well, maybe you see as a contradictions, but I don't see it that way, bec I begin to see how God sees. It isnt easy to explain. Umm, its much much easier to explain face to face than here online, bec if one person say same phrase I say, does it communicate different way and also attitude differently? That's why it's not easy how to put it to make other feel comfortable saying.
__________________
I can only imagine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV9jiqS-74g
christlovedeaf is offline  
Unread 02-16-2007, 09:47 PM   #28
lumbingmi
Registered User
 
lumbingmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,459
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Half View Post
That only strengthens my argument that the bible is full of contradictions if it indeed is from a passage.

If our time of death is pre-determined, then we have no free will at all. It won't matter what we do because we're on a one-way ticket to hell or heaven. By that logic when we're just born, we're already determined to go somewhere. Nothing will change, we would have no control over who we are, what we do, who we affect. That's pretty much what it says.

Preach on, dude.

You can't talk logcially to people who based their thinking on faith.
__________________
Picard: Seize the time, Meribor, live now. Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.
Meribor: I love you, father.




If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a veteran.
lumbingmi is offline  
Unread 02-17-2007, 02:21 PM   #29
indie
Registered User
 
indie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the mountians.
Posts: 157
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Half View Post
That's just it- if God knows when you're going to die and set a date for you, this was by his will. So if you're going to die by suicide, it was also his will because he choose the date you were to die.

If he didn't choose the date you were to die, even by suicide, it contradicts that he knows when you'll die and set the date for you. This is a perfect example of a logical paradox.
It does not mean that he encourages suicide. God does know when we are going to die. He also gave us free will. So if we choose suicide he could not stop us. I don't think that he wants us to kill ourselves, even though he knows when we will die. Also with suicide he can set a date for you, origionally but you can take your life by your own free will. He may know that you were going to kill yourself but not have that date in mind for your death.
__________________
100% TOMBOY!!
indie is offline  
Unread 02-17-2007, 02:30 PM   #30
VamPyroX
bloody phreak from hell
 
VamPyroX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: 40.18, 58.41
Posts: 34,420
Likes: 0
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to VamPyroX Send a message via AIM to VamPyroX Send a message via Yahoo to VamPyroX
Quote:
Originally Posted by indie View Post
It does not mean that he encourages suicide. God does know when we are going to die. He also gave us free will. So if we choose suicide he could not stop us. I don't think that he wants us to kill ourselves, even though he knows when we will die. Also with suicide he can set a date for you, origionally but you can take your life by your own free will. He may know that you were going to kill yourself but not have that date in mind for your death.
It sounds like you're saying that he doesn't know when we will die. If he has a different date in mind, but knows I'm gonna kill myself... what's the point of allowing me to be born in the first place?

It's like me knowing that you aren't going to do something, but I tell you to do it anyway.
__________________
Check out my city... CLICK HERE!
(If you've already visited yesterday, visit again today!)
VamPyroX is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.


Join AllDeaf on Facebook!    Follow us on Twitter!

AllDeaf proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2002-2014, AllDeaf.com. All Rights Reserved.