AllDeaf.com
Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Advertisement > Job Offers & Requests
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Unread 01-15-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
Southern

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Work from home for Deaf?

Hey everyone. A friend of mine is a full time student and doesn’t have transportation. He lives close enough to the college that he can walk. He needs some income though and is having trouble finding a job. Especially given the transportation issue. Do any of you know of jobs that can be done from home via the internet that are reputable? Any that you may already be using yourselves? I don't want any schemes or bad places. I have tried to look for him but so many require you talking on the phone like customer service, and since he is Deaf this is not a possibility. Any help would be much appreciated!
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #2
VamPyroX
bloody phreak from hell

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to VamPyroX Send a message via AIM to VamPyroX Send a message via Yahoo to VamPyroX
There are some companies that provide "work from home" jobs. Just keep looking.

Try MonsterJobs.com?
Unread 03-02-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
Rollover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Rollover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern View Post
Hey everyone. A friend of mine is a full time student and doesn’t have transportation. He lives close enough to the college that he can walk. He needs some income though and is having trouble finding a job. Especially given the transportation issue. Do any of you know of jobs that can be done from home via the internet that are reputable? Any that you may already be using yourselves? I don't want any schemes or bad places. I have tried to look for him but so many require you talking on the phone like customer service, and since he is Deaf this is not a possibility. Any help would be much appreciated!

Any updates? Are you working at home now?
Im looking for typing at home or something similiar. Any luck?
Suzi
Rollover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
gailg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink

Thats a great idea. I too have been searching for a online company to start up with for very low cost. If anyone know of any reputable websites please let me know. Thanks!
gailg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2007, 08:32 PM   #5
nightcrickets

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The only thing is sell crafts. like basket making and things like that. He can order supplies from the internet so he doesn't have to go out the door.
nightcrickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2007, 11:14 AM   #6
gailg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile work at home

I'm looking for a work at home job to pay off some debt and start saving up for the future. I like to research some opportunities that requires an investment of only $30.00 or less or even free to startup. Please respond to this e-mail with alldeaf home work in the subject line.
Blue76River2006@aol.com
I am hearing impaired and a full time college studentwho has some medical bills to pay. Please send me information. Thank you.
gailg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2007, 02:05 PM   #7
webexplorer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to webexplorer
Does he have free bus rides at college?

How about buying a used and cheap car for now so that he could make money at work?

I worked every summer to make money, and then go back to school in the fall. I think that it is only way.

How about if he gets a job at college such as a busboy or waiter? I understand that your friend has a full time student. It is better than nothing.

It is not a simple to work at home because there are so many out there doing the same thing. It would be lucky if his business is popular. That would be rare. I have thought of it for my own business, and it is extremely difficult to be deal with scammers online. Actually, authorities and FBI agents will NOT help you to catch the scammer unless you work for the government - that's whole different story. (Actually, I learned my lesson.)
webexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2007, 02:09 PM   #8
shel90
Audist are not welcome

Liked 116 Times in 70 Posts
What about working for a business but do the work for them at home? Any opportunities for deaf people in doing that?

--- Anonymous
shel90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2007, 02:33 PM   #9
webexplorer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shel90 View Post
What about working for a business but do the work for them at home? Any opportunities for deaf people in doing that?
Good question. No idea. No deaf people ever bring up or talk about their home business in the public - I mean to meet with people, not on the deaf forum.
Unread 04-11-2007, 08:34 PM   #10
sara1981

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to sara1981
i dont have drives so i ride bus i told my mom many times i would drives MUST!

but i can going anywhere what i wanted it im 25 years old

so i have jobs and i dont like work at home and NOTHING!

Katie the beagle puppy she so adorables!!
sara1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2007, 08:37 PM   #11
shel90
Audist are not welcome

Liked 116 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webexplorer View Post
Good question. No idea. No deaf people ever bring up or talk about their home business in the public - I mean to meet with people, not on the deaf forum.
The reason is my friend who is a homemaker would like to work for a company but do it at home. Her youngest daughter will start school full time in the fall so she will be alone all day. She is looking for a part time job working from home. She has contacted several medical offices and they told her that she needs to be able to do phone work.

--- Anonymous
shel90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2007, 08:55 PM   #12
VamPyroX
bloody phreak from hell

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to VamPyroX Send a message via AIM to VamPyroX Send a message via Yahoo to VamPyroX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981 View Post
i dont have drives so i ride bus i told my mom many times i would drives MUST!

but i can going anywhere what i wanted it im 25 years old

so i have jobs and i dont like work at home and NOTHING!
What's stopping you from getting a drivers license and a car?
Unread 04-11-2007, 11:12 PM   #13
FreeWoman77

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamPyroX View Post
What's stopping you from getting a drivers license and a car?
She has posted in her thread about marrying she has seizure, her mother probably is worrying
Unread 04-11-2007, 11:14 PM   #14
FreeWoman77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern View Post

Try surveys. They pay you, not sure if it's real, I never tried but some of my friends got paid some.
Unread 04-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #15
BearBeauty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
surveys work, but they don't pay a lot, and usually they won't send checks until you meet the minimum requirement for getting paid.
BearBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #16
webexplorer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am thinking about PayPal. Do you think that it is worth it for you to use the PayPal service for your home business? I would think that eBay is making too much money and too greedy. What about a bank service in your local? (I am not familiar with the bank service.)

I only know that we must not use escow services because they are well-known for scammer's business.
Unread 04-12-2007, 12:06 PM   #17
BearBeauty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
paypal is basically like an online bank. so for a home based business.. you can tell people to pay for their stuff via paypal. But I think Paypal requires that you have a bank account connected to your account with paypal. So if you want to use it to collect money via home based business.. you could.

And paypal requires a fee if someone transfers money from their paypal to yours. I think it depends on amount. I had gotten a transaction from a friend, and ended up costing him like 7 or 8 bucks for the transaction.. so you have to bear their transfer fees in mind when asking people to pay via paypal.

This is personal expierence. So it's just a Fyi.
BearBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2008, 11:33 PM   #18
EarthyTx

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, I am deaf and work from home too. I am an independent consultant and trainer with the Southern Living at HOME. We have about seven deaf consultants in the U.S. and need to have more deaf people to join the team. So, deaf consultant can representative in their hometown.

Southern Living at HOME is a product division of Southern Living Magazine! We offer a wide range of beautiful home and garden items such as candles, exclusive handmade pottery, books, magazines, ironware, gorgeous home accents and much more!!

I love it very much! My customer love those products! You can check out my website for more information. I will be more than happy to work with you!!

If you are interested then check out my website and enter the contact form. I will contact you further information!!

Good luck on home based business hunting

"Do what you love, and the money will follow.” - Trey White
EarthyTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 04:28 AM   #19
dude

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
try Direct Selling Association

This is a direct selling businesses...

Or try dropship company like theselect.com

I am doing Health and household products business...GNLD: A Better Way of Life.. let me know if u are interested.

Hope this helps.

dude
p.s http://www.alldeaf.com/job-offers-re...portunity.html

Last edited by dude; 08-12-2008 at 03:25 PM.
dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #20
LogicDept

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello,

I'm trying to follow the job posting guidelines so hopefully I don't get in trouble for this! Ha! I just started a new business, www.logicdepartment.com and am looking for people to work for me. They must have high speed internet, videophone, and computer. Those who work for me will be a lot of contacts through videophone, do different administration stuff, calling, tutoring, background checks, etc. If you are interested, go to the website, click on the e-mail under 'Contact Us' tab to me for interest in working for me. It is a work from home, independent contractor position and hours are flexible. It is up to you to decide if it's a scam or not but I promise it is not a scam but please do let me know if it 'sounds' like a scam. I am worried for that but I need staff.
LogicDept is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 04:32 PM   #21
ClearSky

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello, I know that vocational rehabilitatioin can help you with that. They should. They provide transportation from home to work. You can tell vocational rehabilitation to work out a plan that you go to work and set aside money to get driving lessons and buy your car.

Tell your friend to talk to vocational rehabilitation. I agree that college is another way to find a job easier for your friend.

I know a lot of people want to work from home, but I never found any work from home that's legit or free. Even work like Avon or selling products require some investments to start up your business. With Avon or Mary Kay, you won't make money from selling itself, you have to find Avon reps. to become to sell for you to make any money.

Good luck, but tell your friend to be strong and try working at college or call Vocational Rehabiliation to help with transportation.
ClearSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #22
IslandBreeze07

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I found two good work from home businesses: Melaleuca and AmeriPlan.
I am sitting out a team change within Melaleuca. I can't wait to get back in.
AmeriPlan is awesome. I already started making money. Both are legit. I even found a deafie within my own team! How? Her enroller saw me blazing around in a forum and asked me to hook up with her--to share a common thing, being deaf and doing the same business. So far it has been awesome!

These two are not get rich quick ventures. You have to keep at it. Find the right home business and you will do great. I have been very fortunate because I found the right team with Melaleuca. Just waiting to jump back in!I've noticed AmeriPlan a couple times but never paid attention to home businesses for a long time. I even did Club Freedom last year but it's on the back burner for now. Someone ACTUALLY got $$$$ in Club Freedom but it's a very difficult task getting to the Main Board!. So when Melaleuca and Ameriplan came up, I'm thinking what can I lose by giving them a shot. I've been pleasantly happy with both, except with the Mela original team.

Just my two cents.
IslandBreeze07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 01:48 PM   #23
Kyladybug

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Are you looking for ways to earn money online?

My name is Lisa from Kentucky, and I am hearing impaired. Are you looking for ways to earn money online?

I joined Strong Future International (SFI.) I make some extra money as part-time. The most thing I like about SFI is that I can learn while I earn the money.

SFI is a division of Carson Services, Inc., headquartered in
Lincoln, Nebraska USA. Founded in 1985, Carson Services has a long and successful track record in the publishing and network-marketing industries. They are a longtime member of the Better Business Bureau serving Southern Nebraska, as well as members of the Lincoln Chamber of Commerce.

This is a perfect work at home job for Students, Moms, Dads, Professionals, or Anyone who would like to earn extra cash and a residual income on a part-time or full-time basis. The program is free to join, they provide you with free extensive training, support, websites and products. Once again, there is no costs to get started, no obligation, and the program is risk free. What other program provides you with such opportunites? Hear for yourself what others have to say about the SFI opportunity.

Click here for more FREE information and to get started: http://www.kaybusinessopp.com.

Respectfully,

Lisa
International Association of Home Business Entrepreneurs (IAHBE) member
Kyladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 08:36 AM   #24
Kyladybug

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Work from home in your comfort home!

If you are looking for something to work from home in your comfort home please feel free to contact me.

Lisa

Last edited by Kyladybug; 09-06-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Kyladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 12:12 AM   #25
goinggreennorga

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking work from home

Yes, in fact my business that I am working on right now is a work at home kind of job. The corporation I distributor for has been endorsed by Oprah 4 times on her program. And it is very much a legit business/corporation. The corporation has been in business for 50 years and in the last year according to the Better Business Bureau has only had one complaint (the latest I have checked). I have earned some nice/ok-ok bonuses since I started (plus one nice thing about it is the tax-write off benefits!) and there is a good opporunity for advancement at your own pace. One of my deaf friend are doing this business along with me as well...

Our corporation is currently trying to become more accessible to the deaf community where our conference calls, presentations, etc are accomdiated to the deaf/HoH community. And on a small note this is a win-win situation for ANYONE/EVERYONE! We attempt to try and help those with health ailments (health issues/problems) to help and avoid severe damages to our health by using high quality supplements and we also help try and save the environment for the sake of our youngest generations. I know this may sound too good to be true but hey, check out Oprah's website, she knows the best! We have also been in many health magazines, parenting magazines, in New York Post times.... I can guide and show u that we are not a scam or a ripoff. I think most of you would enjoy the freedom of having an income and being able to work at home without having to deal with phone calls, etc. You can keep everything restricted to typing emails etc. In fact my upline leaders have been working closely with me and my good friend (we re both deaf) helping us grow, helping others grow financially.... this has been the most wonderful thing I have ever done, (seriously!)...

It's Easy Being Green

We currently have a Dream trip coming up to Mexico on Nov. 10-15 2009! This is one other nice thing about the Corp. They offer those things (all paid trip!!! including airfares!!! for 2 or 4 people) for us! They have so much benefits they do offer for us!

Check this out...for Income Opprounities with us... and one other neat thing is... each time a member joins, the Corp plants 5 trees!!!! Awesome, eh!

If you are interested in more information, feel free to contact me at goinggreennorganic@yahoo.com

Best of luck to those who are looking for something in similar!

~Kris~
goinggreennorga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2008, 09:26 PM   #26
Chasity

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Chasity
Post Anyone looking to build business from home?

Hi, I'm Chasity and married with three kids. I have been hearing impaired since I was 18 mos. old and am close to be deaf. I own a business working from home with Wellness Company. What I do is marketing and advertising free of harsh chemicals online. No, it is not MLM company. We DON'T sell anything....we just put word in for the company. I really love the people and the job. I can set my own schedule on when to work. Deaf and Hearing impaired can do this!! If you would like more information then check out my website at www(dot)cdavis(dot)fourpointwellness(dot)com

Chasity

Last edited by Chasity; 10-15-2008 at 09:28 PM. Reason: made a mistake
Chasity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #27
EarthyTx

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Deaf Wahm

I am very pleased to announce the launch of our new website; Deaf Wahm. I began researching on the internet about resources for the Deaf who work from home, I could not find anything. I noticed there weren't enough resources for Deaf people. I met Deaf consultants all over America, in places such as convention, expo or event.

I decided to start a website that designs just for Deaf people that are interested in direct selling opportunities, booking parties with Deaf consultants or where they can gain access to these resources.. Deaf Wahm offers many things that will benefit you from direct selling to forums. I am inviting you; the consultants, representatives and business owners to promote your business on Deaf Wahm. Please share this news to people that you know who might be interested in. Come visit my new website: Deaf Wahm for more information. Enjoy it!

Best Regards,
Tiffany
Founder of Deaf Wahm
Deaf Wahm

About Deaf Wahm website: Deaf Wahm eliminates language barriers and allows you to inquire about different business opportunities, or if you wish to find Deaf consultants in your area for an upcoming party. You will never have to pay out of pocket for an interpreter, or have one who is not fluent in ASL. Avoid writing back and forth on paper or having any miscommunications. Deaf Wahm has a lot to offer you, access better resources by contacting Deaf Wahm.

Our Mission:

To accept as true integrity, diversity and fun in the Deaf community across America, while networking through word of hands and visuals, to value the empower of our Deaf culture.

Unread 03-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #28
radioman
Premium Member

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthyTx View Post
I am very pleased to announce the launch of our new website; Deaf Wahm. I began researching on the internet about resources for the Deaf who work from home, I could not find anything. I noticed there weren't enough resources for Deaf people. I met Deaf consultants all over America, in places such as convention, expo or event.

I decided to start a website that designs just for Deaf people that are interested in direct selling opportunities, booking parties with Deaf consultants or where they can gain access to these resources.. Deaf Wahm offers many things that will benefit you from direct selling to forums. I am inviting you; the consultants, representatives and business owners to promote your business on Deaf Wahm. Please share this news to people that you know who might be interested in. Come visit my new website: Deaf Wahm for more information. Enjoy it!

Best Regards,
Tiffany
Founder of Deaf Wahm
Deaf Wahm

About Deaf Wahm website: Deaf Wahm eliminates language barriers and allows you to inquire about different business opportunities, or if you wish to find Deaf consultants in your area for an upcoming party. You will never have to pay out of pocket for an interpreter, or have one who is not fluent in ASL. Avoid writing back and forth on paper or having any miscommunications. Deaf Wahm has a lot to offer you, access better resources by contacting Deaf Wahm.

Our Mission:

To accept as true integrity, diversity and fun in the Deaf community across America, while networking through word of hands and visuals, to value the empower of our Deaf culture.
looks like a copy of a tupperware/avon selling party thing.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2009, 11:13 PM   #29
EarthyTx

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, its sort of like Tupperware, Avon and you name it. Some deaf people were not aware of multiply of direct selling opportunities. There's a long list that's under DSA (Direct Selling Association). You can check out on the website Direct Selling Association for more info.

Unread 04-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #30
DavisFPG

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to DavisFPG
Thumbs up Home Based Business for deaf/hearing impaired and everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shel90 View Post
The reason is my friend who is a homemaker would like to work for a company but do it at home. Her youngest daughter will start school full time in the fall so she will be alone all day. She is looking for a part time job working from home. She has contacted several medical offices and they told her that she needs to be able to do phone work.
I am looking for self motivated, hard working people who will join me in the advertising and account set up for an international company. I will provide free training and continual support. I offer a free tele-conference call or free online-conference which will go over all the details about our company. The call or webcast will last about 35-45 minutes and then I will need about 10 minutes to determine if you would be a good fit for my team. These calls are available throughout the day. Our company is helping people work from home and I would like to help you as well.